November 28, 2014 | 1794 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Natanatanatz

I dont know why people say this sunscreen sucks & doesnt work for them..i've been using the for about 5 years (since i'm in year 10!!) and keep buying it till now..they're the best as they make my face brighter and the last all day..i dont need to use it twice a day..here in Sydney can get up to 40C in summer.. i use this cream in a normal amount whenever I go to the beach..My face NEVER ONCE get burnt!! Even when my body got tanned..it has a nice consistency and it's really oil free unless u use a handful of it!! The best sunscreen ever!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by wenyuzhang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've since switched from this to the Chanel UV Essentiel, but while I was using this I was very satisfied with it and would put it on under my base makeup daily.

It has a runny texture that applies smoothly and thinly. Give it a minute to absorb and then apply your base makeup. I never had any reactions to this formula, though that's probably because my skin isn't very sensitive, knock on wood.

I always like to compare this with the aforementioned Chanel UV Essentiel. While both do a fairly great job, the Clarins one is the less expensive option and gives you more product at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by fychen

This is the most expensive sunscreen that I have ever purchased! I have always loved milky formulas for sunscreens instead of heavy creams. And I used to use the ones that Shiseido made but I wanted to try something different. I have heard really good things about this product and I have to agree it is pretty awesome. It goes on my skin very smoothly. It doesn't make my face feel oily. I use this everyday and it has not broke me out at all. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like the texture of this sunscreen. This is comparable to other lightweight sunscreens that use chemical sun protection. I prefer this one because I do not like layering on chemical sunscreens and prefer physical blocker sunscreen. This has a fluid texture and blends into my skin well. This is a little bit fragranced for me, but I will still continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this. I have rosacea and meds I take mean no sun (not a problem for me). The chemical sunscreens break me out horribly and irritate my skin. Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are gentle physical sun barriers. This is watery which I like a lot, better than those thick creams and only a little is needed. I like the tinted Light version because I then don't have to use a foundation, just some concealer. Of course, I moisturize first with avene rich optimale. If I need more coverage (for the redness) I add a few drops of CG smoothers foundation. Works like a charm. I look dewy rather than matte. Stays most of the day. Oh, I only use this on my face, the physical block creams are okay for the body.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had no idea lightweight sunscreens existed before buying this product! This is amazing, truly! Worth the money!

I have been wearing Neutrogena spf 100+ every day for the past 6 years (I freckle and burn a lot if I don't), and I'd grown accustomed to something rather heavy, oily, and thick. This was never a problem until I realized it was irritating my skin and causing redness. So I did some research for brands that carried around spf 50 that were also good for the skin. I almost tried Dermalogica before realizing the reviews weren't good enough to splurge on their suncare line. That's when I found Clarins :)

The texture is like water. It's light and runny when you put it in your hands. It melts into your skin when you pat it in. The smell is light and fresh. It absorbs quickly. And then you're done and you neither smell the typical sunblock smell nor feel like a grease-slick when you touch your face. So you get all the benefits of great sun protection with none of the negatives (except for the price, of course). I've recently become a Clarins convert and I am so in love with their products! They're supposedly all natural with all kinds of goodies for the skin (though I still need to double check that this is in fact accurate).

I never thought I'd spend $45 bucks on a small bottle of sunscreen, but I think this is worth the splurge, especially since what you wear underneath your makeup affects its application and longevity. Since I'd never go without sunscreen and I haven't found a sunblock in the $10-$20 range that sits well with my skin, I'd happily repurchase this sunscreen in the future.

**Also to note, on Clarins website they have quick video tutorials on how to apply their products properly. I've read in other reviews that the products don't always sit well when applied incorrectly, so that's worth a look.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by savyy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best mineral sunscreen I've tried. I've used this for a few years now. It's so light and blends nicely--it has a liquid consistency but dries soft matte. It doesn't make me dry or oily. I find it also makes my tinted moisturizer/foundation look better when this is underneath. I just don't like that it has fragrance but I love this for so many other reasons I'll put up with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by arlenerubio27

This is one of my go to products.... I used the Neutragena sunscreen for a long time then I found this product. It is amazing light and absorbs quickly. It doesn't separate with my makeup or other routine products. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! I only use a dime size per day on my face and neck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've yet to find a moisturizer with SPF 40 or higher that's any good. They're generally oily and greasy, and made me feel completely unattractive. This SPF is fantastic for a multitude of reasons. First, you can wear it alone or over your favorite moisturizer. When I'm in high humidity like NYC during the summer, I wear this on its own. In colder weather I wear this over my usual moisturizer and it works like a charm. It's non scented and lightweight, making it ideal to use in any situation.

The bottle design is brilliant in its simplicity. The tapered tip controls the flow of the lotion, and prevents excess from pouring out all over the place. No wasted product or mess! When you shake the bottle before use, you can hear the ball/mixing mechanism to ensure the lotion is properly mixed prior to application. Love this! I've been using this for years, and can't imagine ever being without it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by angeluv178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this sunscreen! It's the only one I use that doesn't feel sticky, doesn't break me out, doesn't me me oily, doesn't clog my pores. It's light-weight, almost runny but I like the consistency. It doesn't even feel like I have anything on. I use the colorless one and mix it with my Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation and it's the perfect tinted moisturizer for me. On beach days, I put a nice layer of this over my moisturizer and under my EL light foundation and I'm protected and it looks great! I did this on a week long vacation in Cancun, reapplying maybe 1x after prolonged swimming and didn't burn at all. I travel quite often and never had a problem with the bottle leaking.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No