Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Camphor (0,5%) Phenol (0,5%) Menthol (0,6%); >Mineral oil, petrolatum,lanolin,mixed waxes,water.

Awesome product. I use at least a couple times a week at night to keep my lips hydrated. If ever I forget and the weather or air conditions make my lips super chapped, using this a few times a day for 24-48 hours works miracles.

Yes, it goes on white but if you apply and let it sink in, you can also put a lip color or gloss on top. It's not really meant for everyday all the time use but I do t see why not.

Packaging is just ok, and you do have to usually rub in with your finger but this is the holy grail of all lip moisturizers and cure for dry, chapped lips.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Just the greatest all around lip product. It rapidly heals chapped & dry lips, heals and soothes and cools sun burned lips, also cools and soothes lips when applied right out of the shower and is a nice lip gloss, too. Feels great on the lips, the gloss is long-lasting. I wear it every day in winter, alone or under my lipstick. If I could only have one lip product for the rest of my life I'd give up all the other things and only have this. Greatest thing ever for lips.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the best lip balm/medication I have ever used. I have tried it all - Blistex, Vaseline Brand, Chapstick, Nivea, Eos, etc. they have all been mediocre in comparison to this. I am a smoker and sometimes the heat from my cig hits my lips and actually burns them (gross, I know) and it leaves me with horrifying cracked lips. It's actually painful and nothing else seemed to help out. Until I tried this. I bought this for like 1.30$ at my local Wal-Mart and the second I put it on - I had instant relief. My lips literally started to tingle and cool and it completely made the terrible cracking and chapped feeling go away immediately. I use E.L.F's lip exfoliator and get rid of all my dead chapped skin and then I put this on. I recommend letting it soak and trying not to eat etc while it absorbs. I am so happy I tried this!

on 3/6/2015 1:04:00 AM

Highly recommend this! my lips got soooo dry this winter and this saved me. I put it on after I Exfoliate and before I go to bed and makes my lips good as new. I also put a small amount of this on about 10 min and key it dry, before I put on a drying matte lipstick to keep my lips hydrated underneath

Smells bad and applicator pointless. End up having to use your finger. A little too greasy too!!

on 1/15/2015 9:20:00 PM

I started using Accutane about 4-5 months ago. With this you get very dry lips and it can be hard to treat. I have to constantly apply lip balm just to keep them from drying right out. I use this product at night and find that it does a good job keeping my lips relatively moist during the night. It isn't a good product for day time because it goes on white and stays white until it is absorbed. It is a pretty good price and has a decent amount of product.

on 11/2/2014 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

pro:quite minty.
con:not moisturizing enough, also leaves a white sheen so it must be applied carefully.

on 10/12/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a very good product and gets the job done. It's good for healing chapped lips overnight. But I'm not fond of the medicinal fragrance so it loses a lippie. I like some of the other Blistex products better and will buy them instead.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

During the summer, my lips got really dry and chapped and the skin between my nose and lip was extremely dry. After I used this 3 times a day for 2 days, my lips were back to normal and within 4 days they were better than they've ever been! I would defiantly recommend this product and I will defiantly buy this again!

on 6/11/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I tried to use this to heal my seriously chapped lips. Needless to say, it did not work. It had this sort of rebound effect that just made my lips worse. I had the same problem with Carmex. The more I used it the dryer my lips got and the more I needed to use it. Finally I gave it up. Now I use Nivea's A Kiss of Milk & Honey and lips have never looked or felt better.

Popular Lip Treatments