April 18, 2014 | 1800 users online

Lip Treatments - Blistex - Medicated Lip Ointment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Love this stuff and I have tried every lip balm! Been using it for years! Love it under lipstick or gloss and before i go to bed! Have about 5 tubes laying around! Yup will keep buying!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by anndiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

As odd as it may sound, this is my daily lipbalm! I usually don't wear lipsticks or pigmented glosses, because I like to look as natural as possilbe (while still wearing makeup), but I hate my lips feeling dry. This winter has been so cold and my lips were constantly chapped, and nothing was helping. So I bought a tube of this old school medicated balm, and my chapped lips were cured and have stayed that way! Also, I love the slight white cast this has, because I have really pigmented lips, which I hate, and this lightens them up to such a pretty shade! I will never be without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product since I was a child, when I suffered from really large cold sores and it's what my mother gave me. Luckily, I rarely get cold sores anymore, but during the winter months, this magical product keeps my lips soft and hydrated. I apply this generously before I go to bed, and wake up with the softest lips and zero chapping or cracking. If I'm out in the wind for extended periods of time, I'll apply this to add a layer of protection, even under lipsticks. I'm not a fan of the medicated smell, or the mediciney taste. The applicator tip tends to get gunky. But the product inside the tube works wonders, making it easy to overlook those tiny issues. I've repurchased this innumerable times and will continue to do so for as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Bunny98

This by far is the best lip balm I've ever used. You put it on your lips(leaves a white cast if you put too much on but that goes in 1 min if you rub your lips together) it's tingly, and leaves your lips sooooo soft. I don't mind the smell it's quite minty and my boyfriend can't taste it when he kisses me so it's all good:) 10/10. The only con is the metal tube, if bent too much it can break. But it's sooooo cheap for how well it works and vid trust EVERYTHING

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by kelllli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

True to this day, I've never given anything 5 stars or a two thumbs up unless I was absolutely 100% satisfied. (I believe those are reserved for truly great products.)

For the past few months I've had severely dry skin on and around my lips. It was so bad that it began to itch and the skin around my mouth was red, hot, and swollen. I didn't even want to be around people because it looked so horrible. People would ask me about it because they actually thought I had some contagious disease. I stopped using chapstick (which I had been using my entire life since it was my dad's favorite) because someone told me it was actually drying my lips out more. A couple products were kind of helping, like first aid antibiotics, but nothing was really healing it. Finally, I was in so much pain, I went to targets lip care isle prepared to buy the most expensive, hard core, lip treatment they sold. To my surprise, it was only $4 for a pack of 3. I put it on in the middle of target and, I kid you not, it started cooling and soaking in within 2 seconds of applying. It soothed my itching and burning before I even got to the check out. By the next day, the redness was gone and my lips felt super soft and supple. I haven't gone anywhere without it since.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by TracyDZ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best lip moisturizer out there at any price! I am a bit of a lip balm addict so at any given moment I have five or six sticks of balm open and rolling around my pockets and purse. But when it's winter and my lips are chapped and cracking, I will always reach for the Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment.

It is soothing on sore lips and it sinks in right away; providing relief.

I discovered this many years ago when I was taking Accutane. One of the side effects was terribly dry lips. This was the only thing that helped; and I'm loyal to this day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a great product!!! I kinda hate chapsticks at this point, they are all waxy and sit on my lips, no matter if they are organic or not. This however is a cream and SINKS in perfectly, and makes my lips feel super soft, not greasy, very moisturized! Great for under a lipstick. Such a perfect product for the price. Everyone should have one in their purse. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Kyunghei

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

There are over 200 reviews on this. I don't think I'm going to be able to add anything someone else hasn't already said. It's the best thing for dry lips. Apply it 10 minutes before applying makeup. Wipe this off first and lipstick will go on beautifully and your lips will feel great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by KBru

My mother has used this forever and now it feels that I have been using it forever, too! I recently rediscovered my love for it when I actually read the box and saw it suggested use for lipstick base. Love. There is nothing like this and although I love my Carmex and Vaseline, Blistex is in its own category of lip ointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Fragrancegirl38

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing!!! It is my daily lip balm. It probably is not meant for daily use, but I am addicted and cannot live without it. It moisturizes and soothes the most dry lips. It does have a slight medicinal taste, but I will live it since the result and feeling are better than any lip ointment I have ever tried. I recently has a fever blister and I continued to use this and it was gone in four days. I would recommend this product to anyone with dry lips or anyone that just wants perfectly smooth hydrated lips. Love this stuff!