November 24, 2014 | 1963 users online

Lip Treatments - Blistex - Medicated Lip Ointment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by cherries1

Overall, the product gives GOOD hydration. The white sheen it can sometimes create is fine because it goes away so quickly with rubbing the lips together. It's the first lip medication/balm I've ever used, so I've grown to love the little tingle it leaves on my lips upon first application. The formula is pretty hydrating, but it doesn't stay put super-long & it doesn't really nourish the lips long-term. I'm giving it 5 stars because it's sooooooo worth the cheap price.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by babylima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

pro:quite minty.
con:not moisturizing enough, also leaves a white sheen so it must be applied carefully.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good product and gets the job done. It's good for healing chapped lips overnight. But I'm not fond of the medicinal fragrance so it loses a lippie. I like some of the other Blistex products better and will buy them instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by gabriellewhitehead

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

During the summer, my lips got really dry and chapped and the skin between my nose and lip was extremely dry. After I used this 3 times a day for 2 days, my lips were back to normal and within 4 days they were better than they've ever been! I would defiantly recommend this product and I will defiantly buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried to use this to heal my seriously chapped lips. Needless to say, it did not work. It had this sort of rebound effect that just made my lips worse. I had the same problem with Carmex. The more I used it the dryer my lips got and the more I needed to use it. Finally I gave it up. Now I use Nivea's A Kiss of Milk & Honey and lips have never looked or felt better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years and it's perfect it makes my chapped lips go back to normal in almost one time after applying

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I swear by Blistex as a brand in general & of course was not disappointed by their Medicated Lip Ointment. I get these for $3 at Walgreens. As advertised, it's the perfect product for cold sores & fever blisters. If you're like me & get fever blisters easily, you do need this in your lip treatment collection. Like all medicated Blistex, the medication in this is strong & soothes painful my lips if they're dry & injured. Like I do with Blistex's Medicated Lip Balm, what I do is apply some of this at the very first sign of a cold sore (when I feel the pain before I see the sore) & it prevents it from progressing. I like to double up & use this as a lipstick base, too. I put on just a little bit & let it sit for a few minutes to absorb, then apply my usual lip gloss or stick. I've used this product for years & it's a go-to, especially during the winter months.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyM11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this before bed and in the morning. It works wonder but it doesnt give me the slippery lip moisturizer feeling, you probably know what Im talking about.
Whenever I want to use red lipstick, I put this on first, wait a few minutes for it to dry and than put lipstick on. It makes my lips look supersmooth even with lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Love this stuff and I have tried every lip balm! Been using it for years! Love it under lipstick or gloss and before i go to bed! Have about 5 tubes laying around! Yup will keep buying!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product since I was a child, when I suffered from really large cold sores and it's what my mother gave me. Luckily, I rarely get cold sores anymore, but during the winter months, this magical product keeps my lips soft and hydrated. I apply this generously before I go to bed, and wake up with the softest lips and zero chapping or cracking. If I'm out in the wind for extended periods of time, I'll apply this to add a layer of protection, even under lipsticks. I'm not a fan of the medicated smell, or the mediciney taste. The applicator tip tends to get gunky. But the product inside the tube works wonders, making it easy to overlook those tiny issues. I've repurchased this innumerable times and will continue to do so for as long as they make it.