Neutrogena Lash Tint [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 1/25/2015 6:54:00 PM

For all of you who are sad about the discontinuation of this product, try using a tinted brow mascara! It works pretty much exactly the same (except it will be brown not black). I like Maybelline Brow Drama Brow Mascara in dark brown. I have tried some of the suggested mascaras such as Full and Soft and Clinique Glossy Mascara, but none are quite as natural as lash tint was.

on 3/25/2011 9:22:00 AM

I know this has been discontinued, but I'm writing this anyway in case Neutrogena reads reviews of their own products. PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!!! I honestly want to cry. This was the best mascara for everyday. I have long eyelashes and so I don't like thick mascara for daytime. This was perfect, it never clumped - as it was a tint rather than gloppy mascara. But I could put multiple layers on, which would produce the effect of mascara. Also, it came right off when washing my face, I never had to use eye makeup remover when using it. I am now trying Tarte lash tint, but it's nothing like Neutrogena's. I have to use eye makeup remover for days after using it. Plus it's like $18 vs. $7. I'm going to go curl up in bed and cry my un-tinted eyelashes out.

Sadly, this is now discontinued, but while it was around it was the best lash tint around, which to be fair, was easy since there are hardly any lash tints out there. I have very long thick lashes and wearing regular mascara makes me look like Snooki, this is only thing I've found that could take away the powder on my lashes to make them look natural and not clumpy.

Edit: I have found a replacement finally! At Walmart they have a young girls brand called Geo-girls (I think) and it has a fabulous lash tint for around $4 that comes in Black or Brown.

on 5/13/2010 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all this is not a mascara it is a lash tint. So if you just want you lashes a little darker and to hold then this is a good prouduct for you. It is for those who want a more natural look. It also stays on very well and does not irritate eyes at all.

I've seen conflicting information as to whether this product is discontinued. I really hope not, as it's my favourite mascara for when I am wearing glasses. I have very long, abundant lashes and wearing regular mascara with my glasses leaves me with window-wiped black streaks all over the inside of my lenses. I still use a regular mascara when I wear contacts, but this is my go-to mascara for when I am wearing my frames.

It's exactly what it claims to be- a lash tint that does not build or extend your lashes, and it's great for sensitive eyes like mine which are easily irritated by products. I may have to start buying it on ebay unless they come out with something similar.

on 2/4/2010 4:03:00 PM

I liked this mascara fine, but only when I am trying to achieve an incredibly natural look. It really does just tint the lashes. It goes on easily, feeling almost glossy. There are no clumps, certainly no flaking either. If you want something low-key for work or daytime, this is great. Don't expect anything dramatic as far as lengthening or thickening; it pretty much just makes your lashes a shade darker. Hence the name!

on 1/27/2010 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

good for what it is... a lash tint.
It does not wear like mascara, but is great for days I want a light makeup look but still have a little bit of definition around my eyes.
I've got brown hair, but very dark lashes and brows, so it doesn't add much color to what I've already got, just definition.
I use 5 of 7 days a week, though.

on 12/28/2009 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Okay...I don't use this as a mascara. I use it as a brow tint. It works fabulously as a brow tint! It looks quite natural and is perfect if I over pluck my brows.

on 12/20/2009 12:25:00 AM

My favorite "mascara." I go for a natural look, and this is by far the best I've ever used. No clumping or flaking, the perfect touch to darken my medium-length lashes. Will repurchase this for life!!

on 10/28/2009 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ok so if you are a dramatic lashes all day everyday type girl, stay away.

This is an extrememly natural type mascara. Period. It gives your lashes a great natural tint. If you aren't happy with the volume or length of your lashes this may not be for you either. This is more for people who like their lashes and every now and then just want to tint them darker to slightly emphasize them. I love this product dearly. This is the 1st mascara I ever purchased when i was 16, and it is still one of my faves for those "natural" days.

Popular Mascaras