October 24, 2014 | 1095 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by robertrn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok all the reviews I read - I thought I would take a chance. Color selection very confusing but I bought it because it said good for dry skin - not for me!! Accentuated all my dry areas on my nose - dryness you could not see before but sure could after - good thing I bought from Nordstrom free shipping/returns.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by gcpecor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have just repurchased my second bottle! I haven't opened yet, I'm scrapping out my first bottle with a long wooden spatula, that's how much I love this foundation. No SPF. I don't want SPF in my foundation, I use a separate SPF. It last beautifully all day and photographs lovely. Comfortable, just the right amount of hydration for my combo, skin. When I want to sheer it out, I use a damp beauty blender and bounce it off my skin. With a foundation brush, I get flawless fuller coverage. With my fingers, it blends out seemlessly. Every tool I use works perfectly and gives a differet type of coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by PlusCelsius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Golden rule to remember when purchasing a department brand foundation: obtain a SAMPLE in different colors before making any commitment with your purse. Let it be known that I don't trust the lovely reps behind the counters analyzing my color and texture. I received three color samples of this foundation to last me five days in each color. I wear sunscreen and allow it to absorb into the skin before applying makeup. The active ingredient ( i.e. titanium dioxide) in some sunscreens can alter the color of your foundation.

I am neither oily or dry, you can say that I have combination skin. I'm exposed to humidity when outdoors and cool, dry air conditioned air when indoors. This formula is sheer and disappeared within a couple of hours. Perhaps the price justification to this foundation is based on its formula to magically disappear within the allocated time frame of two hours. It left behind a shine as a farewell parting gift. All three samples (recommended by the reps) did not match my skin color. One color sample managed to make me look like I was playing with mud. Fellow purchasers with dryer skin looking for sheer coverage may benefit with Luminous Silk foundation, if they don't mind the short effects under humid conditions. I did purchase the Armani foundation brush. This brush blends very well with sheer formulas but I do not recommend it with thicker formulas, unless you enjoy contending with the never disappearing streaks. Hope this review helps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok I wasn't impressed by it, first the color 030 is very peachy yellow, so wrong color for me, secondly, it disappears fast on the skin, and it is a bit flat, for a luminous foundation, there is little luminosity..it feels like an invisible foundation ...so for me, no, I have found better..for those who like a foundation that isn't there , it will work, past the high price...I don't like the texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Julip9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most fantastic foundation for people with normal to dry skin, and also it suits forty years plus, as well as younger skins. The shades are brilliant I wear MAC NW25 and 5.25 just blends to nothing, the best match I have ever had. It wears all through a work day without touch up, but that is on normal, dry skin. Definitely re purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by tissuebox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Been using this foundation for several years now.. for me, it gives just enough coverage. I actually mix two shades (5 and 6) in order to get the perfect match for my skin colour. In the summer, I add a little more or the darker (6) colour and in winter a little more of the lighter colour.. tailor-made foundation! Highly recommended :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I guess if one likes sheer coverage and a luminous finish, this delivers. For me, not so much. I prefer a bit more coverage that delivers a bit of moisture to the skin. Being a makeup artist, I've tried literally tons of foundations, from low end to high and this one is way too expensive for what you get. I'd pick Lancome foundation anyday over Armani.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by sugarbabe8

I read a lot of reviews before I purchased this foundation, I really wanted it to work but it didn't. The coverage is very sheer and doesn't cover any redness, its meant to be luninous but it looks more matt when it on the skin for a while. I have tried many foundation and I will be going back to me chanel vitalumiere as its the best foundation out there. I am a (30 cendre) in chanel and it suits me fine. The SA sold me 6.5 in Luminous Silk and its ok but a bit orange. Its overpriced for what it does I think its more of a tinted moisturiser than a foundation really.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by mrsminniver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Texture-wise, goes on like a dream. As my skin is normal, staying power with this foundation is good. However I do put a good amount on my face as there is pigmentation on my cheeks. Lines are obvious only when I smile but I make sure I put a good eye moisturizer.

Colour-wise, I use 5.5 which is closest to my tone but it has a pinkish undertone and I have yellow undertones...however I shall finish the bottle but shan't repurchase. Main reason is the colour and frankly, I have tried better foundations with similar if not better textures. Will try Armani's cream foundation (designer shaping range) in the coming winter and give update.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by pquiles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the way this foundation makes my skin look. I never thought another foundation would be able to compare with my NARS Sheer Matte, but ... Armani has got me doing a double take. My skin feels smooth and looms smooth too. My pores are minimized, the stAying power is "okay" but, I will overlook that because of the way my skin looks when wearing this foundation. My skin looks like "improved" skin... Not a mask. Once my sample is out, I'm going to Neimans and get a full bottle.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No