Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.7

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 7/7/2015 4:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

On the good side, the #4 was a good color match to my LLL/MMM yellow undertone skin. It applies very nicely with my F80 kabuki and is of a thin consistency which I prefer.
But I won't be purchasing it again for a few reasons:
For such a high end product I noted it has Parabens in it.
The coverage was less than I require, but can be layered.
It was a splurge for me, but I found it is not one bit better than my L'Oreal True Match Liquid Founation in W3; except that is has a pump.

on 7/5/2015 12:11:00 PM

I am not sure we can ever justify the price for something this size unless it's liquid gold and I do tend to resent it. That said, this is a beautiful foundation. I originally bought the long lasting version and they gave me the sample form of this foundation as well. It took me a while to try it but when I did I put it on before going out in hot weather for several hours and I noticed no difference in longevity between the two. It has a respectable longevity. It lasts me the day with primer and a light dusting of setting powder.
What I did find however that the mild chalkiness that I noticed in the long lasting version was not present in this. The long last version is inferior in my opinion. This foundation really does offer a subtle glow and a burring of flaws without heaviness. It's also offers pretty good coverage. I have a decent, clear wrinkle free skin for my age but I do still usually prefer medium coverage and I found this to offer plenty. It's at least buildable. The price is extortionate but you actually dont need to use that much and it really does deliver. I am a pale redhead and it has some shades suitable for the gingers among us. Shade 4 is a great match for me.

on 5/11/2015 6:02:00 PM

I purchased this foundation in #8, seemed to be a good match for my olive undertones. My complaints are it did not even last a full day at the office and the coverage is light, I would not even call this medium coverage. Going back to my LM foundation I've worn for years.

on 4/14/2015 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Ordered online from Sephora and selected Luminous Silk Foundation as one of my samples. Sample of fdtn offered in one shade - 5.5. Too dark for my skin tone, but the fdtn itself did not work well for my skin.

The only "silk" like feature about this fdtn is the feel of it when first applied. After thirty minutes wearing this, my face felt uncomfortably taut and dry. Couldn't wait to wash it off my face.

Finish looked blotchy and cakey due to it oxidizing on my skin and clinging to dry patches.

D/S L'oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup is still the forerunner in my fdtn stash.

on 4/5/2015 3:18:00 PM

The finish of this foundation is beautiful. Not dewy just glowing. The coverage is light but it glides on like silk and needs almost no blending. When set with loose powder, it lasts all day even with my slightly oily skin. I do use a primer underneath though (Smashbox). It was worth the high price tag but I'm taking two lippies off because it's really pricey.

on 3/16/2015 4:10:00 PM

Hmm, got a sample at sephora and am thinking of splurging on this foundation. The finish is very natural - slightly luminous but not shiny. The colour seems quite nice - I tried 5.5 colour, I'm a light/medium skin tone Asian with black hair, brown eyes, and fairly neutral skin tone.

Just the price is quite hefty at $65. Not sure if it is worth the price, I don't usually spend so much on cosmetics. I did buy the l'oreal true match Lumi as an alternate in the meantime after seeing the 2 products test comparisons on you tube. The second choice only costed $22 at shoppers drug mart (reg price). I like the finish on this product as well.

on 12/21/2014 5:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Luckily for my wallet I was unimpressed with this foundation. #4 was a decent, but not perfect color match for me (NW20) but the main problem for me was how this foundation brought out the worse in my skin- it looked so heavy on - cakey/masky and accentuated bumpy texture and pores which normally are kept under control with my current hg foundation NARS Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc.

on 12/14/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm a big believer in spending the extra money on base products (concealer, foundation, powder) and yes, Giorgio Armani is big bucks. ($60 CAD)
The major complaint is the colouring system and finding an appropriate match. I agree that GA's colouring system needs improving as it's rather scattered and not straightforward or logical. I took one lipstick off because of this.
I'm NC30/C3 (Asian) and 5.75 is the right match for me. YMMV on the colour selection though.

The formula is very silky and it does meld into my skin to give me that 'my skin but better' look. I hate heavy bases or looking like I'm wearing foundation and I love the natural, polished look it gives me. If I want more coverage, I can layer it but if you're needing full coverage, the Luminous Silk won't fit that bill.

I think this foundation is best suited for normal to slightly combo skin types that aren't too dry or too oily. For normal to slightly oily skin types, this foundation maybe a bit emollient and requiring extra touch ups.
I prefer to use this foundation during the winter when my skin is on the normal to slightly dry side. It lasts for most of the day on me with just a touch up required at mid day and I always get compliments when I wear this foundation.

I like the pump bottle too. There is alcohol in the list of ingredients but I don't notice any scent and my skin is okay with this formula.

I recommend this foundation if you like a natural finish, don't mind the hefty price tag and can find a colour match.

on 12/14/2014 1:53:00 PM

I received this at Sephora after having the color matching done. Took home a very plentiful sample and it is fabulous. I am 45 and have combination skin as well as aging concerns. This is fabulous, color match is spot on (if you are having issues, get the color match done at Sephora) it lasts all day and does not make my t-zone shiny and at the same time does not accentuate any fine lines. Will purchase full size once i run out of test product I was given to take home and use. (I rated the packaging as 3 since I could not leave a review without it, but I honestly do not know)

on 10/4/2014 1:22:00 PM

Ok all the reviews I read - I thought I would take a chance. Color selection very confusing but I bought it because it said good for dry skin - not for me!! Accentuated all my dry areas on my nose - dryness you could not see before but sure could after - good thing I bought from Nordstrom free shipping/returns.