Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.7

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

PROS: I like the very subtle glow it gives. Has enough yellow-based shades, at least in the lighter shades. Great in my pores. Pretty good in my wrinkles.

CONS: The price. And even applying lightly, I can't get a more natural look when I want that. I can't even imagine trying to find a match without testers. The shades jump from lighter to darker to lighter as you go up the numbers of shades. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I had to blend two colors to find my match, which I don't mind too much, but it took me forever to find them from the testers.

ALTERNATES: I always go back to my L'oreal Visible Lift Serum foundation for the best look in my pores and wrinkles.

on 8/11/2015 2:21:00 PM

I purchased this via the web and had to guess on a shade (did not find the product in stores in Omaha Ne), the pump doesn't work and the shade might be a bit off but I still am not impressed with the product. Crazily I do like the Bobby Brown that I've read poor reviews for (has an SPF of 45 I believe) much better coverage.

on 8/7/2015 2:38:00 PM

Ok, ok, ok...so I finally had to break down and realize that this is HG status for me:\ It is just sooo expensive that I was trying with no avail to find a cheaper alternative. When I tell you that EVERY time I wear this I get sooo many compliments and when I wear anything else from, Tarte Amazonian Clay, CD AirFlash, MAC Mineralize to Clinique Even Better...just to name a few;)) almost no compliments. I do everything else the same but change the foundation. It is really amazing to me, but it always happens. The finish is like no other and it goes on flawlessly. When I scratch my face there is no residue in my nails (yuck, when that happens!!)

But, the clincher for me was the other day when I was wearing Clinique Even Better and was outside for a long time in AZ summer heat and you could visibly see the streaks from my sweat (nice visual, I know) sooo gross...I usually try not to wear foundation when I know I am going to be sweating like that so this was a new discovery. Well at this point I had to do a comparison with my GA, and, of course, no streaks, just perfection after running around sweating like no other...that was it--deal cinched!!!

on 8/6/2015 10:58:00 AM

Suddenly, all the foundation out there seem slightly off. I was a Prescriptives person for a long time, then make-up forever and stila, but if its not a too yellow or pink cast, too shiny or matte, something else wasn't working. So, I decided if its something I am wearing everyday, I DO NOT want to dislike anything about it. This foundation is ALMOST that. It has fragrance, which I don't like, but it thankfully goes away after a minute or so. The color (#2) is perfect for me, and that is amazing in itself. The texture is luxurious, which I also appreciate. It looks good after several hours. When i first put it on, it tends to sink into my nose crease, and I have to remove the excess with a q-tip. I don't use much, and maybe its my moisturizer, but that has to be taken care of. I don't wear a primer, but I am considering trying one. I just don't love the idea of layer upon layer of anything on my face. At any rate, so far, this foundation is MUCH better than what I have been using, and so I am happy. Its crazy expensive, making it no "HG." BUT I am still pleased with it for now. When I bought it I saw the YSL Blur perfector - that balm-into powder primerish substance. I tried it on my cheek - oooo - nice. I LOVED the packaging and the idea and the feel of it so I may get one to try and see if it does anything for my foundation sinking into nose crease issue... :) Gosh its fun getting older ;)

on 7/7/2015 4:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

On the good side, the #4 was a good color match to my LLL/MMM yellow undertone skin. It applies very nicely with my F80 kabuki and is of a thin consistency which I prefer.
But I won't be purchasing it again for a few reasons:
For such a high end product I noted it has Parabens in it.
The coverage was less than I require, but can be layered.
It was a splurge for me, but I found it is not one bit better than my L'Oreal True Match Liquid Founation in W3; except that is has a pump.

on 7/5/2015 12:11:00 PM

I am not sure we can ever justify the price for something this size unless it's liquid gold and I do tend to resent it. That said, this is a beautiful foundation. I originally bought the long lasting version and they gave me the sample form of this foundation as well. It took me a while to try it but when I did I put it on before going out in hot weather for several hours and I noticed no difference in longevity between the two. It has a respectable longevity. It lasts me the day with primer and a light dusting of setting powder.
What I did find however that the mild chalkiness that I noticed in the long lasting version was not present in this. The long last version is inferior in my opinion. This foundation really does offer a subtle glow and a burring of flaws without heaviness. It's also offers pretty good coverage. I have a decent, clear wrinkle free skin for my age but I do still usually prefer medium coverage and I found this to offer plenty. It's at least buildable. The price is extortionate but you actually dont need to use that much and it really does deliver. I am a pale redhead and it has some shades suitable for the gingers among us. Shade 4 is a great match for me.

on 5/11/2015 6:02:00 PM

I purchased this foundation in #8, seemed to be a good match for my olive undertones. My complaints are it did not even last a full day at the office and the coverage is light, I would not even call this medium coverage. Going back to my LM foundation I've worn for years.

on 4/14/2015 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Ordered online from Sephora and selected Luminous Silk Foundation as one of my samples. Sample of fdtn offered in one shade - 5.5. Too dark for my skin tone, but the fdtn itself did not work well for my skin.

The only "silk" like feature about this fdtn is the feel of it when first applied. After thirty minutes wearing this, my face felt uncomfortably taut and dry. Couldn't wait to wash it off my face.

Finish looked blotchy and cakey due to it oxidizing on my skin and clinging to dry patches.

D/S L'oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup is still the forerunner in my fdtn stash.

on 4/5/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The finish of this foundation is beautiful. Not dewy just glowing. The coverage is light but it glides on like silk and needs almost no blending. When set with loose powder, it lasts all day even with my slightly oily skin. I do use a primer underneath though (Smashbox). It was worth the high price tag but I'm taking two lippies off because it's really pricey.

on 3/16/2015 4:10:00 PM

Hmm, got a sample at sephora and am thinking of splurging on this foundation. The finish is very natural - slightly luminous but not shiny. The colour seems quite nice - I tried 5.5 colour, I'm a light/medium skin tone Asian with black hair, brown eyes, and fairly neutral skin tone.

Just the price is quite hefty at $65. Not sure if it is worth the price, I don't usually spend so much on cosmetics. I did buy the l'oreal true match Lumi as an alternate in the meantime after seeing the 2 products test comparisons on you tube. The second choice only costed $22 at shoppers drug mart (reg price). I like the finish on this product as well.