July 28, 2014 | 1298 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Ok I wasn't impressed by it, first the color 030 is very peachy yellow, so wrong color for me, secondly, it disappears fast on the skin, and it is a bit flat, for a luminous foundation, there is little luminosity..it feels like an invisible foundation ...so for me, no, I have found better..for those who like a foundation that isn't there , it will work, past the high price...I don't like the texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Julip9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most fantastic foundation for people with normal to dry skin, and also it suits forty years plus, as well as younger skins. The shades are brilliant I wear MAC NW25 and 5.25 just blends to nothing, the best match I have ever had. It wears all through a work day without touch up, but that is on normal, dry skin. Definitely re purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by tissuebox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Been using this foundation for several years now.. for me, it gives just enough coverage. I actually mix two shades (5 and 6) in order to get the perfect match for my skin colour. In the summer, I add a little more or the darker (6) colour and in winter a little more of the lighter colour.. tailor-made foundation! Highly recommended :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I guess if one likes sheer coverage and a luminous finish, this delivers. For me, not so much. I prefer a bit more coverage that delivers a bit of moisture to the skin. Being a makeup artist, I've tried literally tons of foundations, from low end to high and this one is way too expensive for what you get. I'd pick Lancome foundation anyday over Armani.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by sugarbabe8

I read a lot of reviews before I purchased this foundation, I really wanted it to work but it didn't. The coverage is very sheer and doesn't cover any redness, its meant to be luninous but it looks more matt when it on the skin for a while. I have tried many foundation and I will be going back to me chanel vitalumiere as its the best foundation out there. I am a (30 cendre) in chanel and it suits me fine. The SA sold me 6.5 in Luminous Silk and its ok but a bit orange. Its overpriced for what it does I think its more of a tinted moisturiser than a foundation really.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by mrsminniver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Texture-wise, goes on like a dream. As my skin is normal, staying power with this foundation is good. However I do put a good amount on my face as there is pigmentation on my cheeks. Lines are obvious only when I smile but I make sure I put a good eye moisturizer.

Colour-wise, I use 5.5 which is closest to my tone but it has a pinkish undertone and I have yellow undertones...however I shall finish the bottle but shan't repurchase. Main reason is the colour and frankly, I have tried better foundations with similar if not better textures. Will try Armani's cream foundation (designer shaping range) in the coming winter and give update.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by pquiles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the way this foundation makes my skin look. I never thought another foundation would be able to compare with my NARS Sheer Matte, but ... Armani has got me doing a double take. My skin feels smooth and looms smooth too. My pores are minimized, the stAying power is "okay" but, I will overlook that because of the way my skin looks when wearing this foundation. My skin looks like "improved" skin... Not a mask. Once my sample is out, I'm going to Neimans and get a full bottle.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Jamima

Love, love, love this foundation. Definitely the best I've purchased. Definitely improves the texture and evenness of the skin. I have very pale skin and colour 2 maches perfectly. Sometimes available on strawberrynet which makes it a little more affordable as it's an expensive foundation in Australia.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, I admit that I don't often spend this much on a single makeup item. I originally got this about 6 mos ago cause I had a store credit and was feeling a bit indulgent. However, I hated it at that time, the SA matched me to color 4, and when I got home, it was waayyy too light for my NW20 skin (which is a bit ruddy in spots, a little more neutral in others). Every imperfection showed, it looked awful. I took it back and was rematched to 4.75. Again, got home and it was awful, too pink and I looked dead. Since I don't often wear regular foundation anymore, preferring TM, I put it in the back of the drawer. A month ago I found it, along with the receipt and decided to return it. The new SA encouraged me to try again, and this time matched me to color 5. OMG. It immeidately melted into my skin, looked almost imperceptible and blurred all my imperfections. Went outside and it still looked great in bright sun. I generally don't get real excited about a product, but this really does look great and might change my mind about not wearing foundations. While I have put it on with a sponge and with a brush, the truth is it looks fine when I apply with my fingers. I would call it a light/medium coverage. Don't know about buildability since I don't look for heavier coverage, my skin isn't great, but this blurs some of the spots. I am 53, but this makes my skin look a lot younger. The finish is not really luminous, perhaps a little more satiny. Dont know about how long it might last; I don't wear foundation to work due to wearing a mask, but it still looks great 4-5 hours after I apply it. The pump is fine, but I find that I have to really control how hard I push on it, I don't want to waste this stuff at this high price. Anyways, I would recommend definitely buying this in person, rather that online, and possibly taking home a few samples to insure a good match. Since I don't wear it much, I imagine I won't need to re-purchase it for a very long time, but if it continues to work as good as it does now, I would definitely rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by redlipsdiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another favorite foundation. This makes skin look amazingly good. The reason I don't wear this as often as some of my other foundations is because I think the color (5.5) is a little dark for me (others disagree, but, I am very picky about my face matching my neck). I can usually adjust the color with powder, but, this spring, I intend to get my shade matched again. I also intend to make sure I get the matte version (Lasting Silk) of this, due to my very oily skin.

Pros:
1. Flawless coverage
2. Build-able coverage

Cons:
1. Price
2. Not long-wearing; however, I may have the wrong finish for my skin type