April 19, 2014 | 1786 users online

Shampoo - Not Your Mother's - Way To Grow Long & Strong

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by jhb756

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my third tube of this. It smells so good! I don't get strawberries like other reviewers mention, it's more of a vague fruity clean classic shampoo smell for me. I found that it lathered enough. I don't know if it does anything for the "long and strong" claim, but as a regular old shampoo it's effective. It leaves my hair on the drier side, not oily (but it isn't actually drying). I don't like the matching conditioner though; doesn't seem to do much.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Hated it. It didn't suds up very well and I never really felt like it got my roots good and clean. Been using this for 3 months and don't really see a difference in hair growth or health either, but I already have pretty healthy hair, so I'm not sure if I'm a good judge of that. Would never re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo was very light and smelled like fruit. Strawberries to be exact. It lathered nicely. I wouldn't recommend it for color treated hair because its not color safe. It took quite a bit of color out if my hair, but I do not blame the product because color preservation isn't its purpose. Onto the effects, overall I feel like its like any other shampoo when used on its own. Maybe in combination with the entire system it may make hair a bit stronger but I didn't notice any less breakage after using it. My hair is far more damaged than the average so I did not expect a miracle. I believe it did an ok job. I'd repurchase. It's a good shampoo. It made my hair manageable

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Kayqueen

I bought both the shampoo and conditioner and had high hopes for it to help my bleached damaged hair but I don't know why I even bothered this stuff is horrible and made my hair feel dry and worst of all fall out! I'm trying to grow my hair longer, not lose it...back to the store this stuff goes

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by kiwigal99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only good things about this shampoo were the smell (fake strawberries) and the packaging (squeeze tube).

It was 8 dollars for a tube and didn't lather at all, yet it tangled my hair up so much! The conditioner felt so thick and nice, but after I rinsed it out, my hair was still tangly and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Faelin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use both the shampoo and conditioner. I have color treated hair that tends to dry out on the ends. This stuff is great! It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and well moisturized. I can go several days without washing my hair when I use it and yet it works just as well when I wash everyday. For people complaining that it didn't make their hair grow faster, it says on the bottle that it doesn't do that. It helps make your hair stronger to prevent breakage. (helping you get length). Overall, a great product for a great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylayke

This review is for both the shampoo and conditioner. They both smell like strawberries. The shampoo lathers really well for being sulfate free, and is very cleansing. Someone with a dry scalp might not like this but if you're roots tend to get oily quick, this shampoo is great. The conditioner is thick and creamy, detangles and smooths without weighing my hair down. My hair dries soft and shiny. I would definitely buy these again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by rainangel21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good product for my naturally curly, dry, thick, frizzy hair. The first time I used this product it came out smooth and lathered well for a shampoo thats sulfate free. After I washed it out however I noticed my hair being really dry and notted up. So then I put a moisturizing conditioning mask in that I left in for 5 mins and it made my hair feel soft again. My hair looked really nice afterwards. I recommend if you do buy this shampoo have a moisturizing conditioner near by so your hair won't be stiff and knotted. Also I noticed no hair loss with this product but everyone's hair is different. I would recommend this to anyone with any hair type especially thick hair like mine cause thin hair is more prone to possibly fall out with this shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by irmarox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've heard a lot of things about sulfates in shampoos and how they are basically the devil. So, I've been on a quest to find a good one that would also help me have to shampoo less often. I read countless reviews of products and this shampoo was the only one where the reviews mentioned specifically that it helps your hair be less oily between shampoos. So, I picked this up at Ulta.

Going from my super-sudsy shampoo to this was interesting. You really have to get used to the idea that sulfate free shampoos just do not lather the same and that's ok. But your hair gets squeaky clean. Literally! I have definately noticed a decrease in the amount of sebum being produced, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

However, I can't really say that it's helping my hair grow. But if, from what I've read is true, having a clean scalp promotes hair growth is true than perhaps I'll notice a difference later.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Kschmidt17

I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this product! This is the second time I have boughten it! My hair gets crazy build up which causes it to become dull.. After using this product the overall health of my hair is transformed! My hair does not get oily nearly as fast as it would with other shampoo / conditioners and it is always so shiny while using it. Also my scalp feels freaking awesome! I'm not sure I've noticed my hair growing any faster (it already grows like crazy) but like I said before just the overall health of my hair is better (including new growth)