Not Your Mother's Way To Grow Long & Strong

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lautoyl Methyl Isethionate. Sodium Methyl Oleoyl Taurate, AcrylatesCopolymer, Fragance. Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate. Polyquaternium-7, Polygonium Multiflorum Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanium (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Inositol, Calcium Pantothenate, Linoleic Acid, Biotin, Apigenin, Oleanolic Acid, Biotinoyl, Tripeptide-1, Alcohol, PPG-35 Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Butylene Glycol, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Caster Oil, glycol Distearate, Laureth-4, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Triethanolamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazonelinone, Red 40.

My favorite shampoo! I have fine, natural dark blond hair that can be problematic. Sometimes dry. Sometimes oily. I'm on my second bottle of this shampoo which is very surprising because I am a shampoo/conditioner additict! For me to use anything more than a week is unheard of. But this stuff is amazing! It cleans my hair without drying it out. It leaves it full looking and soft. I have tried every price range of shampoo from .99 to $30 and this is the best by far! It's around $6 and can be found at cvs, Walgreens, and Walmart. I have shoulder length hair and use about a quarter size amount. It lathers really well and rinses easily. Due to my job I have to wash my hair everyday so a bottle lasts me about a month.
I haven't found the perfect conditioner to pair it with yet. I've been using Joico moisture recovery conditioner with it and it works pretty good but not perfect. I haven't tried the NYM matching conditioner yet due to the poor reviews on MUA.

on 5/17/2015 11:44:00 AM

This smells awesome. Like cinnamon apples. AND it lasts all damn day.

But it's definitely not my favorite shampoo. Like other reviewers said, it does feel pretty drying. Luckily my hair doesn't have too much issue holding in moisture, so it didn't bother me much. I don't know about hair growth, but it makes my hair feel thicker, for sure!

i super love by this product .but 1st of all i wanna share my story .

i was born with spiral curly hair start from roots to the end ,the wight of my hair is super light and the texture is very fine the most fine hair amount of ppl that i meet in entire world . the quantity I'm belong in tick catagory if i keep my hair original curl. but when I'm blow straight it look thin but volume because my hair weight is light (need good blowing teqnique )

since i was young I'm the only few kids that was born with curly hair and i been bullied with my school mate about my uniqueness. and is tough for me been raise in asia country all the majority of them with straight and big curly hair and that describe beautiful and look sleek plus tidy.

when i enter 2ndary school i try sterighteing product and never stop since 15 till 24 from hair straightener,rebonding,relaxing and keratin straightener it look good and clean if u in shorter length .but i found out it ugly and thin if i trying too keep it long and take a year to growth few inch within 2 years until i stop using stretherning product and wanna keep my natural curl to grow longer but suddenly i notice about my hair is easy break and not strong and it take time to grow and in a period to kep my hair grow naturally i keep the old hair with rebonding chemical and cut it step by step until all my curl hair grow the time i keep all my hair grow naturally I'm really struggle to accept my natural hair style and i do bow it strength and in that time the old rebounding hair at the bottom and curly hair on the roots(ugly?) it take 2 3 years to grow all my hair out.amd i did try perming my hair but it did work out for me because my hair texture less finer that why i still keep straight hair style to blend my hair to look normal

now all my original curl hair all out no more rebounding or any straightening product but it seem to stay in that length for quite some time and never grow any inch i did try a lot of product and supplements but it only grow 1 inch in 3 4 mounth until i find this shampoo and it take me 1.5 inch or 2 inch in one moth .it really work and i did try with the heat protector as well.

i spend a lot in hair product and gonna recommend u all to use it.really worth cheap and effective

on 4/6/2015 8:06:00 PM

I like this product: it seems to work for my hair. However I have seen reviews that say it dry's out your scalp and dose not grow out your hair. Well I have been using this for four weeks and my hair has not gotten dry, and my hair has been growing very good. Its grown 2 1/2 inches so far , and I know because I have been measuring my hair. Also I have tried so many hair growing shampoo and this is the second one that I found works.

Here's my story-

two years ago I wanted to die my hair. So one day my friend took me to the store and bought me hair die (which I did ask my mom earlier that day.) Well my friend did not look at what she was putting in my hair. Well one of those products you had to put in your hair was bleach (we wanted to die it bright red). So after a few weeks my red was fading almost out, but the bleach was still in my hair because my hair was blond and my ends where all split. So after all the was out we went to the hair salon and got my split ends cut off, but they were so bad I had to get it cut to my ears. well after a slow year my hair was finally down to my breast, but then my hair started getting a lot of split end so we went to the hair salon before it was too late to get my hair cut to a goo length. So I got my hair trimmed, and that made my hair go up to my color bone.

Now its been three and a half months, and my hair has grown an inch past my breast, which is way faster that a year, and I have only been using not your mother since last time I got it cut (and their is no split ends.) So yes I think you should re buy this or buy it and try it out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am IN LOVE with this entire line. I first just had the conditioner and used it to aid hair growth and I noticed results, so I got the leave in conditioner and that helped even more and I recently just bought the shampoo. I think if you're a person who doesn't have hair that grows very much that this will help you, but you won't get nearly as good results as someone with already fast growing hair. My hair has always grown a little faster than average, nothing crazy, but not bad either. I cut my hair to a short chin length bob 3 years ago and since 2 years ago I've been growing it out. Last year though, I had to cut a lot of it off again because it was very damaged. Because of this, my length was a little below my collarbone. Recently I really wanted to find something that would really help my hair growth process, I'm trying to grow my hair down to my waist. This stuff works AMAZINGLY on my hair. Since I bought my first bottle about a month an a half ago my hair has grown OVER FOUR INCHES. And not only has this helped my hair grow, it has made my hair healthier than it's ever been. My hair is super soft and shiny and I have ZERO, I repeat ZERO split ends and I haven't had my hair cut in a few months, yet my ends are so healthy, it looks like I had just gotten my hair cut. This is insane, because I have color treated hair and use heat on my hair every single day. Most people with both of those things going on with their hair would have some split ends, and a lot of people would have a lot of them, yet when I look in my hair to see if I can find any, I can search and search but there is not a split end in sight. My hair looks the most beautiful it's ever looked and I know it's thanks to this shampoo and conditioner set.

on 1/28/2015 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For five bucks, this is a pretty good shampoo. It smells great and cleans very well without drying out my hair. I only use it with the matching conditioner which is rare for me to do since I like to rotate my products. My hair just looks shiny and healthy when I use it. Frizz is reduced and the scent actually lingers in my hair. I am so glad to have scored this with my Ulta coupon. While I don't think it will grow my hair magically overnight, I do applaud this line for offering a product that has ingredients that aid in hair growth. I have also seen this sold at Walgreens and CVS. Normally I would passed this up, but I am now glad I tried it.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have big, frizzy, dry, and curly hair that I used to straighten and blow dry all the time. I cut my hair short and I really miss my long hair. I was in the store and saw this product. I've never heard of it or anything but the packaging looked cute so I picked it up and read the back. Luckily, it was sulfate-free because my hair is hard to tame with sulfate. It said it's supposed to help your hair to grow. I bought it and have been using it for at least 2 or 3 weeks now. For both the shampoo and the conditioner, it says to rub into your scalp for 2-3 minutes.

The shampoo is okay at first but it is very dry and thick. You only need a little bit of the shampoo because of the thickness. It can get foamy pretty quickly as well. It does a good job with cleaning my scalp because I don't have as much dandruff as I did before.

The conditioner you might need more of because depending on how much you use it can be very moisturizing or it can dry out your hair. The first time I used it, I put on a lot of conditioner and my hair felt completely soft. I would suggest using another conditioner after or using leave in conditioner after so that your hair isn't completely dried out if it gets dry from the conditioner.

Overall, this product is okay in my opinion. I looked at other reviews and some people tend to forget that this product is supposed to help you grow your hair and not give you a long wig of hair in 5 seconds. If you give it time, you may see a bit of a difference. I have lost some hair from this product but they have white bulbs at the end which means they were supposed to come out anyways to grow new hair. After using both of these products, I use a leave in condition afterwards so my hair is moisturized better and I use a curl enhancer so my hair isn't as frizzy. Remember that not all products are meant for everyone, some products work better on different hair types. This product has been working for me and has grown at least an 1 1/2 inches since I've been using it. Usually my hair would grow 1/2 an inch in a month but now it's grown an inch more. It takes longer for my hair to grow because my hair is curly and curly hair tends to spring up and look shorter than it's actual length. This is my experience with it and it seems to be working so I will continue to buy it.

on 1/8/2015 2:09:00 PM

Just bought my second package of this (conditioner). My sister and I are sharing it and let me tell you- it runs out quickly! I used it every day as well as her, and we ran out in about a week and a half. So...STOCK UP!
My hair is very thick, lots of it, grows about 1/2in-1in per month or more. I know that's crazy but trust me, I've taken pictures (this is without this gypsy magic conditioner).

My sister has thin, super fragile, hard to grow hair. She cannot detangle it with ANYTHING. She grows about 4-6 inches a year.

My hair is like this short bob and I wanted to grow it out without buying the 3 More Inches product line ($$$), so I tried this conditioner instead.

In the shower, I leave it on about 2-3 minutes. It's pretty conditioner-y: white, gooey, etc. When I take it off my hair feels relatively smooth. Pretty easy to wash out and doesn't leave a weird residue in my hair that I can sometimes get from conditioners. I blow dry and straighten every day. My hair feels lighter, smoother, and looks shinier. My hair was also pretty damaged (bleaching, ick) and it helped a lot with this. As for the growing part, I don't think it's done much for me but I just came back from vacation and will be taking pictures every month or so using the conditioner and taking biotin. I'll try to post them later.

ONE LITTLE NOTE: It smells realllly weird. Like licorice (sp?). I do not like that. And I'm extremely non-sensitive to smells.

on 1/5/2015 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the smell. I have only used the shampoo not the conditioner and after I use it my hair feels dry and rubbery

on 12/1/2014 12:29:00 AM

I used it for the first time yesterday, and oh my goodness, i am IN LOVE with it!!!

The price was pretty decent... I got mine from Urban Outfitters for $8. But Ulta's like $6, i think. But the price was pretty good.

The smell is great in the shower but the smell kind of went away in a day which i don't mind.

Also, if you're planning to buy the Shampoo, BUY THE CONDITIONER WITH IT. The other reviews said that the shampoo alone can make your hair dry, so i would advise you to buy the conditioner with it. Plus the shampoo plus conditioner makes my hair so touchable, soft, no tangles, and feels super clean all at the same time! Most people don't use conditioner on their scalp, but for this product, use the conditioner on your scalp.

Here is how i used the Shampoo AND Conditioner.
1.) Obviously wet your hair.
2.) the put your desired amount of shampoo. Just don't use TOO much. Make sure you cover every part of your scalp with the shampoo.
3.) Massage it in for like 2 minutes or so. Then wash it out and put in conditioner.
4.) For the conditioner, put it on your scalp and try not to use so much or else your hair could fall out more. Then leave it on for like 3 or 4 minutes and wash it out. :)

It's amazing to brush through my hair without yanking out 50 pieces of hair.

My hair does not look longer but it feels longer... Though, i only used it once so... can't wait for it to grow longer. :3 People do say that their hair didn't grow but i am willing to be patient and hopeful for my hair.

I have never felt so happy with my hair before. Seriously, Not Your Mother's Way to Grow Shampoo and Conditioner is worth it!!!