Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

3.6

ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] methyl trimethicone [] butylene glycol [] neopentyl glycol diheptanoate [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] nylon-12 [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] salix alba (willow) bark extract [] aloe barbadensis leaf extract [] cholesterol [] glycerin [] zinc stearate [] peg-10 dimethicone [] caffeine [] lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone [] lecithin [] disteardimonium hectorite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] tocopheryl acetate [] phenyl trimethicone [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] laureth-7 [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] potassium sorbate [] sorbic acid [] sodium dehydroacetate [] triethyl citrate [] hydroxyapatite [] xanthan gum [] sodium chloride [] alcohol [] dipropylene glycol [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] sodium hyaluronate [] nylon-6 [] chlorphenesin [] phenoxyethanol [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] mica]v

on 3/2/2015 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oily skin girls please read!! This won't work without a primer and not just any primer, one with the same base. The foundation has a water and silicone base, so you need a primer with a water and silicone base. Clinique makes one, however I can't say it will work because I haven't tried it. I used Smashbox photo finish light. The light version has a water/silicone base while the regular is just silicone. I tried 3 silicone based foundations with this foundation and they were not as effective. The light version works really great, it cut down the oil by about 60%. If you are looking for a completely matte finish you just won't get this with the Clinique Stay Matte. However, you will get a healthy glow with the right primer. This honestly is a great foundation I just want everyone to know that it may have not worked for others because they either didn't use a primer or used one that caused the foundation to separate.
What this foundation does great? Easily buildable coverage. It doesn't cake no matter how much you add. It's also very lightweight feeling. It covers my pores better than any foundation I have tried. It's also the first foundation that didn't sit in my wrinkles making them more obvious. It won't break you out either. I has used Estée lauder double wear and broke out worse than a hormonal teenager -- this cleared my skin up!

The only reason this doesn't get 5 lippies is because it doesn't make your skin matte. While its sweat proof and stays in place, it may not be enough to get through these Florida summers without being shiny. I have yet to decide if it will make e final cut but we will see.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I use color: Amber. It actually was the first tester I picked up, the SA applied it on my skin and was amazed that I had picked my own shade.

I had been using MAC Studio Fluid for years but, wanted to try something else. I like that this Clinique foundation is very affordable and the coverage is the best! I apply it with a foundation brush and it gives my skin just the right matte appearance. The color match, Amber was spot on! I will definitely be re-purchasing. I already want to get a back up to have on hand.

on 2/25/2015 1:06:00 PM

Finally found my HG foundation, after trying mac face and body, bobbi brown skin foundation, and clinique even better foundation (which i liked enough, and is my summer foundation), clinique stay-matte foundation is the best thing ever
The sales assistant tried out different shades, and finally settled on shade 2, which i always thought was super light for me, but it turned out a really good match
this foundation stays matte for a long time on my combination skin, without making my face look flat, rather looking like an improved version..What i like most about this is that my glasses don't slide on my nose and the foundation isn't transferred on them

on 2/24/2015 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The price is excellent for higher end makeup, but the makeup did not control my oily skin. After only an hour or two, I would have to powder my face to get rid of the shine. Also, the lady who worked at Clinique gave me a foundation that was way too dark for my skin. I would have to put it down my neck to avoid a makeup line. Overall, I liked this makeup when it was first applied but after a couple hours it was just like any other drugstore brand of foundation I'd bought before. I would recommend this makeup to someone with a dark, non-oily complextion, but not to anyone else.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As someone who struggled with oily skin, this foundation was the best I found. It is relatively inexpensive for a high-end foundation, does not make me break out (I have very sensitive skin), provides moderate-full coverage, and does not get nearly as oily as almost every other foundation that is marketed as "matte". (disclaimer: the finish is not entirely matte, has a little more of a natural finish, but combats oil amazingly)

I have purchased this foundation in 6 different colors for all my different phases of self-tanning because it is so essential. It stays on the skin all night and does not oxidize on my fair skin.

Also, this does not dry out my now somewhat-dry skin during the winter, which is rare for a matte foundation.

on 2/14/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this foundation thinking it would blend nicely however it didn't. I found it to be quite thick and looked very obvious on the skin. There aren't many pale colours in this foundation which lead to me looking slightly orange. I'm disappointed this didn't work well for me as I have a full tube I know I'll never use. It didn't stay very matte on my skin but not many things do so I can't really comment on how well it would control mild oil.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very effective product. Especially for this price range. I appreciate a soft matte look and this was easily achieved with Clinique's "stay-matte". A small amount of this covered well, glides on velvety and dried quickly to a delicate matte finish. It has a professional and classy effect and does not appear to be "cakey" or crease. The color I use, which is 09 Neutral, looked natural and blended well to even my skin tone.

on 2/7/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always loved Clinique because of the quality. I also think that the price is still much more affordable than other department store brands. I did not like this product because it looked thick and unnatural. It did not blend well and it just sat on my face. It exaggerated the flaws.

on 2/5/2015 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was looking for a foundation that was higher end, but wasn't really pricey. This was a good price I thought. I wanted something that was oil free, but also a good coverage. This foundation covers realllllly good. It last allll day. Its a bit dark for my skin so I put a lighter powder over it to lighten it up a bit

on 1/2/2015 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have the worst oily skin ever!!! All of it is an oil slick and primers...blah..have not found one which won't make me oily and feel like I have caked on gunk. Anyway after my 20's I could not get away with powder foundation anymore and the search for a good foundation began. I was pleased with the Superfit but Clinique discontinued it ugh. Gave the acne control one a try but would end up looking like a grease ball after 3hrs. Finally Clinique came up with the stay matte and holy cow!!! I keep going back. It does not keep me oil free all day but I do get a good 5 hrs dusting on a bit of the Merle Norman Ultra powder foundation and may need to blot to make it to the end of the day. Took off a lippie because the color selection is not the greatest I look tan a year long but I can deal with it since it has been the only foundation to work for me.