August 31, 2014 | 1004 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by screambledeggs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm having mixed thoughts about this foundation. It blends nicely, but it's quite easy to look cakey. Transfers like no other, but controls my oils for 3 hours. Had some minor blotting throughout the day. It started fading and became blotchy around 6 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jenniferrallynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My mission was to find an oil free base that wasn't full coverage. Mission Accomplished. I went into Sephora and the SA pointed me to this. She said that she suffered from combo/oily skin as well and this is what she recommended. She applied the Smashbox Primer, the clear kind; my mind is blank on the name currently, and she applied the foundation with the Sephora 55 brush. I love this foundation. I wore this for a solid 8 hours and by the end of it I had a healthy sheen in my t-zone. Great color selection, packaging is simple yet effective. Decent price for being a high end foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by smmurphy

On day 2 of using this, and so far so good. I have a very oily T-zone, mostly on my nose and I just moved to a high humidity area, PLUS I'm pregnant. So needless to say I get SHINY. I usually use clinique foundation and like to stock up during their bonus time ;) so my local Belk just had a bonus and I was browsing online to see what I was gonna go with this time. I saw this and thought it would be perfect! First two days have been good, the coverage is good and the finish is definitely a natural matte. After a whole day of wear, only my nose is a little bit shiny. I used to have to blot at least twice a day. But I haven't even once these past two days. It's a dewy shine, not a gross oily shine. Hopefully this continues!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by almondeyed88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first legitimate liquid foundation. Liquid foundation has always given me the impression of being heavy, unnatural looking, and non oily skin friendly (plus the good quality ones are always out of my budget). I had always been a powder foundation girl, but when I saw an ad for the Stay-Matte foundation, I was intrigued. The marketing campaign worked, because after reading glowing reviews, I decided to buy the foundation. So now let's get to the review. So the foundation is supposed to have a lightweight natural matte finish. This description fits it to a tee. Not only do I not feel like anything is on my face, but when I look in the mirror I cannot help but smile because my skin looks so gorgeous. This finish is so natural and the skin has a glow-like effect to it. I'm somewhere around a NC45 and was matched to Creamy Caramel (which was a perfect match). It's great that Clinique realizes that darker skin comes in different shades and the Stay Matte line offers a good variety for brown skinned women. The question is does it keep me matte? It does a pretty good job keeping me matte except for my forehead which just gets dewy not oily (I usually just have to blot one or two times a day and even if I don't, I don't look greasy...I just like a matte look lol). I usually set it with a light dusting of Loreal True Match Pressed Powder. For my first foundation, I found it very easy to apply. I used the ELF Studio Powder Brush, and stippled it on and blended. I am extremely pleased with this product, especially with it's price point. Good quality liquid foundation can be expensive at times, so it's awesome that Clinique can offer a great quality foundation at a decent price. I will definitely repurchase:)

Edit: So I actually wrote this review on another account similar to my username. I just forgot the password and had to create a new account lol. Anyway I wanted to give an update on this foundation since I have used it since it first launched in stores. So this summer in Texas has been pretty hot and humid. I luckily get to work in a.c. but Stay Matte isn't performing like it used to. I feel like a combination of the weather and finding other products has changed my opinion. My skin doesn't stay as matte with it and I have to blot more frequently. It is still a great foundation. I love that it doesn't have spf and I can wear it for occasions with photo taking. I will always have it in my rotation and will repurchase it. I love how lightweight is with its natural finish. Even though its a natural matte, I have been getting more into demi matte finishes. Something about the luminosity those finishes bring to the skin. I feel like Stay Matte only looks good on skin with little to no bumps and ridges. If you have skin issues that causes bumps, this foundation will not lay on it in a good way. It doesn't look flattering. But on smooth skin, it looks great. I wouldn't build it up to much either, I think it will look too heavy if you do it. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, check out Covergirl Outlast or Covergirl Queen 3 in 1. Same product different name. The finish is a little softer than Stay Matte but I think it controls oil way better and it looks better after a long work day. I wear Covergirl Queen Classic Bronze 810 in winter (more neutral/olive or yellow), and Brulee 815 in summer (more golden with a touch of red). Brulee is a perfect match for Cream Caramel in Stay Matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by mysticachai

The consistency and shade are both pretty good. It looks natural on my face but not as flattering as more premium products. It's definitely worth the price though, great for everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Aussieapricity

I've tried a lot if high end foundations now, and this is by far my favorite! It's not really a liquid- it's more of a mousse! The coverage is high even when you don't put a lot on. It lasts for a LONG time, and defiantly leaves you matte. I think anyone would love this foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by geb910

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried a sample after being color matched by my local Clinique counter.

1. When I got home, as usual the girl didn't match the color correctly and I was yellow. The lights in the store should be outlawed!

2. The foundation is very thin and runny but it seems to cover OK.

3. Once on my face it controlled oil, but it made my face itch and feel like it couldn't breathe.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by emalemonpie

When I first started using this foundation, I found it incredible. It has great coverage, my skin wasn't shiny or dry, it seemed to balance my combination/acne-prone skin out. As my acne started to get worse I thought it felt horrendous on my face, the foundation is really thick and I felt as though my pores couldn't breath and it was affecting my skin (even making my breakouts worse), I stopped using it and my breakouts continued to happen so this wasn't the case, although, I won't be using it while my skin breaks out as I feel the foundation is too thick and feels too heavy on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by hnc97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After failing miserably with my stint trying Cover Girl foundation and ending up with cystic acne, I switched to this! I have been using it for a few years now and I love it, and I have no acne whatsoever now. Good color range, good oil-absorbing power, and pretty natural and build-able finish. I do wish the staying power was bit better, as it fades by the end of the day even when I set it with pressed powder. The bottom line is this a great foundation and the cost is relatively fair for a higher-end makeup brand! I love Clinique, since it so dermatologist-based, I can trust that it will not clog my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by daretobeyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have not tried many "high end" foundations. Actually this is a first. anyway I like this foundation so far. I have super oily skin and I noticed my skin was not as oily as normal when wearing makeup. It also allowed for great eyeshandow application!