SpaRitual Nail Polish / Lacquer

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

SpaRitual is Orly's higher-end range and is supposed to be more natural. The shades I've tried all were excellent, among the best I've ever had. Almost perfect coverage in 1 - 2 coats. dries fast, shiny finish, doesn't chip or scratch. The cremes seem to smooth over my ridged nails better than other brands. The packaging is the CUTEST I have ever seen and the rubber ribbed cap is easy is for my arthritic hands to grip securely and feels more silky that other rubber compacts/lids which I find often feel sticky (Orly, Nars, Smashbox). Seche Vite worked for me as a fast dry top coat over this. Removed easily without any issues, using a standard drugstore remover.

SAGE: Gorgeous darkish taupe creme, glides on perfectly, no streaks, 2 coats. Smoky urban camoflage khaki/taupe/mushroom shades seem popular at the moment. Its a good dupe for Chanel Particuliere. Close to OPI Over The Taupe but more neutral without the peach. Lighter than OPI You Don't Know Jacques! and more neutral without the khaki. I couldn't wear either of those Opi shades well.

NATIVE ROCK - milk chocolate/lilac/taupe creme. Similar to Essie's Lady Like, but warmer more chocolate. (LE Summer 2011)

HOWL - blackened bronze with subtle pinky red shimmers. This bronze brown flattered my skin more than the usual blacks, or blackened plum/reds which make my skin look ruddy. Went on smoothly in a single coat. Wear very good, around 4 or 5 days with tip wear, no chips. (LE Fall 2011)

on 4/12/2013 11:28:00 AM

I really wanted to like this nail polish but this isn't the case.

What I like:
* Non toxic nail polish
* Packaging (love the rubber cap)

What I don't like:
* Awful formula, watery thin
* Bad application, streaky.
* Hard to get full opacity, needs up to 4 or 5 coats
* Expensive
* Not long lasting wear

That's enough to not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Review for Crystal Waters from Cool Contraltos Collection....OMG this is the most perfect Mermaid topaz turquoise shimmer ever!!..Is the colour of the Med sea ...its just so the most perfect holiday/summer colour...I've done 3 coats with a Base coat & Seche Vite top coat ..on my finger nails & toes but only have had it on a day so will have to add comments on longevity of manicure later...The bottle is lovely and chunky with a tapered rubber cap handle which is easy to grip and the brush is long and very easy to use to paint with...I did'nt have any streaks with this polish its so easy to paint & the coverage is great....Did I say the colour is abs divine!

on 4/27/2012 11:02:00 AM

This is one of the best quality nailpolishes I have ever tried. Granted I haven't tried all the colors but I feel the quality of this brand is amazing. Their brights and dark shades are very pigments, most only need 2 coats. But what amazed me is their creams. Most cream colors are streaky and very difficult to apply. Plus I have ridges on my nails so it makes it harder to apply evenly. I thought wide brushes give the best and easiest application but the brush on this one isn't wide but a bit shorter and because of the formula it just applies beautifully. Colors I've tried are;
Hypnotic, epicurean, stiletto : both fully opaque it two coats, subtle fine shimmer
Idyllic : baby pink, sheer cream, no shimmer, gives a jelly like finish. Apply 2 to 3 coats, leaves a natural jelly like finish.
Drying time is a bit longer compared to those super fast drying formulas but I find that most vegan polishes like zoya dries about the same time anyway.
I also like this formula because it's not too thick unlike some zoya nailpolishes.
My only complaint about this brand is that it is not readily available anywhere and that's too bad because $10 is not a bad price for these polishes. And I find it difficult to find swatches online. And different colors are sold a different places. I am so happy that my sephora now carries them but still difficult finding swatches for the colors they carry.

Popular Polishes