April 18, 2014 | 1838 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Invisible Fluid Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

this is a nice lightweight formula that actually is lasting, and holds up for most of the day. the finish is matte and it controlled my oil decently. it's light, but buildable for more coverage. this might be a good daily foundation for those who don't like heavy foundations.
i used to use double wear but i actually prefer this. it may be one of their underrated formulas - double wear gets all the attention

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Yuck. I don't know what Estee Lauder put in their foundations but for some reason, they settle into every line I have on my face. No other brand does it quite like EL and this foundation is no different. It also started to separate after a few hours. It's a fail.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by snotface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My go to foundation now. I've been using it for about a year and I love it. I have mild rosacea on my cheeks and sides of my nose but generally good skin, a rare small breakout. Lightweight formula and I use a buffing brush to apply. Evens my skin tone and looks very natural. Can show dry patches if you don't moisturize very dry skin properly. I used to use double wear but lord it was too heavy, tried laura mercier cream foundation but bit was too thick and heavy, then Mac mineralized moisture and it was perfect BUT had damn glitter in it... What??! Glitter? So I went back to this foundation and its my HG. so glad I found it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Lochinvar

This is a great lightweight foundation. If you have good skin with few flaws and don't want that foundation put on with a trowel look - try this.

I put a very light layer on, its summer, I just want to colour correct my skin, let the freckles shine through, even out the skin tone a little and this does the job. Concealer is for covering blemishes, this is for highlighting what great skin you have.

I prefer this to tinted moisturisers. Its hot and humid and high summer at the moment, its that time of year when all you want to do is throw a tinted moisturiser on, add a little colour and go to work not looking overly made up. The problem with tinted moisturisers is that they melt off your skin really quickly and bead up in the heat. They also don't hold the blush, bronzer and other products that go on over a foundation. This lightweight foundation does what tinted moisturisers can't, plus it comes in a wider range of colours than a tinted moisturiser.

I'm not having oxidisation problems, it is a bit darker when I blend it on my skin to what it in the pot, but the colour it changes to stays the same for the day. Its hot, its too humid of a morning to put on moisturiser before I go to work, so I'm not bothering with moisturiser or sunscreen under this stuff, that may explain why I'm not having oxidisation issues, that or they've updated the formula. (this would be a good foundation to put on for an evening out after a day at the beach covered in sunscreen, when you want to look like you haven't put make up on but you did).

If you are looking for a no make up make up look, consider this. The great thing about Estee Lauder is that they are big on samples, so you can get a couple of samples and decide in your test runs which colour you would want to purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ashwarya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible!! I don't really write reviews that often but I had to for this one just because its so expensive. I have tried double wear in the past and I liked it but its kind of heavy for everyday use. So I tried this one. Shelled out almost 38 dollars. I got a shade lighter because after some research I figured it would oxidize and that's exactly what happened. First the coverage was really light almost like a yucky< sticky tinted moisturizer and then after an hour it two shades darker and looked very oily as well. It was a horrible experience and I washed it off as soon as I got home. Goes back to Saks tomorrow :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've always loved MAC Face and Body Foundation but for some unknown (and stupid) reason I wanted to try something new in a very light coverage foundation. This just settled into my pores and never created a nice light veil over my skin which is in very good shape with minimal wrinkles for my age. It feels and looks "grainy" in comparison to F&B. I've tried to make this work over several months without success. It just doesn't sit well on the skin and does nothing to enhance it. I'm tired of looking at it so it's going in the garbage.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this as well and the Double Wear Light recently. My IF was in 2CN1.

The coverage was more matte than natural on me. I prefer a more natural finish.

I liked how light this felt on my face. I usually use Prescritptives Virtual Skin, and it has the same feel.

However, there was one big issue that was a dealbreaker for me- this foundation oxidized on my face. I have not had this happen with a foundation in years, but it definitely did with this. I tried it 3 times - with primer, without and then with a different primer.

If you buy this I suggest getting a sample to test drive it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by almakarma

Some background on my skin: i dont have wrinkes yet, 20 years old, have a job, im a student and have a very active lifestyle, i have an oily nose and forehead but everything else is normal or dry (my jaw), I get red easily and sometimes my redness has nothing to do with my moods it just happens.

When I went to purchase a new foundation I was mainly looking for 2 things:
1. it could not be heavy. Because I am a student and work at a laboratory, heavy makeup (both the feel and the look) is highly inappropriate imo. Also, my bf hates makeup.
2. I didnt need it to cover acne or trouble spots only my hyper pigmentation.

This foundation covers both of the requirements and more, it stays on from 7am till I take a shower at night around 10 pm. I have an oily forehead and nose and I am not kidding when I say this: when I come back from work it is still on and my forehead/nose wont be shiny. Also, it didn't break me out like other high end makeup does.
Another great thing about this foundation is that not only is it not heavy, it actually looks like "perfect skin". My bf who is very observant didn't notice I was wearing foundation (however it does cover redness!)
I am very pleased with this foundation. I am not makeup savvy, in fact I apply this with my fingers (I disinfect them first with 70% ethanol before touching my face) but I do like looking put together and this foundation is perfect for that too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is quite watery so suits my dry skin. I like that it has no spf as that tends to break me out. It is indeed "invisible" so those looking for more coverage may find this lacking in the coverage department. Lasting power is minimal. Its quite like a tinted moisturiser really. All in all, its a nice daytime foundation, but there's really nothing special about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by libbier

Firstly i would like to say that i bought this foundation because it has no SPF which is what i really need for special occasions when i have to take photos! There were so many beautiful foundations out there like Chanel, Dior, Armani, Lancome etc that i wanted to buy but most of them offer SPF :( so what really influenced my decision in buying this is the no SPF.

I tend to have a problem with wearing foundation and other people won't be able to notice that im wearing any and think that i wear just tinted moisturiser so the coverage of this foundation does not bother me at all. Yes, it is light but also buildable to a medium coverage. The finish: i would say definitely natural; not matte nor dewy so maybe semi-matte? Apparently this is for oily skin? when i applied this, it was a wet feeling like moisturising your face and later on it did not set into a powder or foundation look either. Perhaps, this is what they mean about the "feel no makeup" because literally it just feels like moisturiser on you face. For those who want long lasting and strong staying power, im not too sure if this would be the right one because it may rub off easily but again im not fussy with the lasting because whether i have foundation or tinted moisturiser on i still look the same so this does not worry me at all. I think since it is non-acnegenic, oil free and fragrance free, it does not break me out which is good because i have always been so scared of using makeup and get really bad skin.

If you are on the edge of deciding to buy this but sceptical about the staying power, I would say YES go for it! The fact that it sits on your face like a moisturiser allows powder to stick on so well! I applied this foundation and then a medium coverage powder over top and the full coverage look stayed on for a good amount of time. Even just loose powder or bronzer will do. However, if you do not like the multiple steps and just want one foundation that gives you everything (good coverage, long lasting and sun protection) then give this a pass.

The packaging: simple and practical. Like the chanel vitalumiere aqua, the bottle is a square plastic that is travel-friendly. Even though, some people say the bottle looks cheap and budget for a high end foundation, it is also what made me buy this foundation. I dont travel much at all but the reason i like it is because it looks classic and luxurious somehow! I like how it is a squeezy bottle so you can control the amount but it is quite runny so it can get a little messy.

Extras:
want more coverage? do 2 layers or even 3 or just add powder foundation
want the staying power? primer+ Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid + any kinds of powder
have oily skin? buff a little powder because it may get a bit slimy
have dry skin? this foundation does not work well with dry spots. I dont really know how to provide a solution as I dont usually get dry patches but I have flaky skin in some areas at the moment (because I just got out of hospital and I believe my skin reacted with some chemicals ? I dont know) :)
I live in New Zealand and bought this for $80 from Farmers which is quite expensive.
It is summer here at the moment so my application is: primer+moisturiser+foundation+bronzer for a summer look and to be honest the finished look was flawless yet so natural.

I have light-medium skin in winter, medium in summer, normal to sensitive skin, fine textured (just the usual once a month break out), i do have uneven skin tone, dark spots from blemishes, combination-oily, neutral undertone (so cool or warm shades will do) but i tend to go with golden/yellow shades. I use 2WN2 (light-medium + warm) so i could use it for both winter and summer. I found that I looked fine with 2CN2, 3WN1 and 3CN1 also.

So yeah, i'll just repeat again. I bought this foundation because it has the quality of tinted moisturiser, BB cream and foundation. It can even out my skin tone and give coverage for when i attend special occasions and i would still be able to take good photos because this foundation contains NO SPF. Gave this 5/5 because this is all i wanted.

Yes, I would recommend :)