November 27, 2014 | 1465 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Invisible Fluid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by cerezah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have an oily/combo adult acne type of skin. Still, I wanted a natural looking alcohol free foundation. At first, I got a sample of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, which has so much alcohol in it, so it irritated my skin and caused breakouts. Well, EL Invisible fluid foundation does NOT break me out!! It is very easy to put on more than one layer to get more coverage. I will get shiny around my t-zone in about 3-4 hours but it's alright, because it doesn't make my skin look like disgustingly oily, but more of a healthy shine. It has no fragrants, which is a huge plus. I will definitely buy this foundation again, since it seems to be very difficult to find light foundations without alcohol. Also, my colour 1CN1 is a perfect match for my pale winter skin. I normally wear EL double wear light in the shade 2, but in this one 2CN2 was too dark for me because it oxidizes a bit on skin and turns darker on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mcgfan

Love this stuff! I joined just so that I could write a review because I have spent so much time/money trying to find a foundation I like. This is my HG, for sure. It's easy to apply, looks and feels like skin, and evens out my skin. I do have some redness that it doesn't cover, but that is with just one layer on. I am an NC25 in MAC, and the Rattan/2WN1 is a good match. I paid $37 which is mid-range as I was considering Dior, Chanel and YSL. So glad I went with this!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Tbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. I was matched to 1WN2, which is too yellow. 1N1 would probably be a better match. Before using, I made to shake the bottle many times to make sure foundation hasn't separated. I tried applying with fingers, brush and sponge. I tried different setting powders. No matter what I did, this product settled into pores and accentuated every flake on my skin. Even on my dry skin, it didn't last at all. Somehow I looked worse with this foundation on. This product is going straight to garbage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by chickideee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start by saying that I like this foundation. I really do. I was using it for 1-2 years and had a perfect colour in 2WN1. I'd gone through a few bottles of this foundation in that time so I know it well. I had normal skin with only very fine lines, not much discolouration and not that much to cover up really. I just wanted something to even out the skin tone. I was pretty lucky.

When it came to using this foundation I never found that it oxidised, which I know some people have experienced, and I was happy using it as my every day foundation. It always went on easily, whether I used my fingers, a buffing brush or a paddle foundation brush (usually my fingers). I found the wear to be really good too, and it would stay on my face all day and didn't transfer even when not wearing any powder over the top. It has a nice matte natural finish.

But more recently my skin has become drier and I get a few dry patches on my face (a lot to do with moving to a drier climate). And this is where this foundation fell down for me. While it still looks good on the normal parts of my face, on the dry parts of my face once the foundation has set, dry patches are accentuated and look worse than they do without makeup. Effectively if I had a dry patch or some skin flaking, the foundation made them look lighter in colour, meaning that those imperfections would stand out more. Not what you want in your foundation!

So I was torn between giving this a 3 or 4 lippy review. I did like this foundation when I had normal skin, and it could be quite a nice foundation for oilier skin too (just need to make sure it's set with a good finishing powder). It's good for those people who want something easy to apply and light on their skin. I'm saying I would buy this product again even though I won't, because really I did go through multiple bottles of this product and I was happy with it for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by chididi5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have found my HG foundation!!! I use Lise Watier's sunshield first as a primer and then apply this with the Cover Fx Foundation brush.The solution is water based, and you must shake it well before using. I then put two drops in my left hand, and using the foundation brush I can cover my whole face.It gives a healthy "no makeup" look but is still polished.I find that by putting on the Lise Watier sunscreen first, the makeup lasts all day until I take it off at night.I have acne prone, sensitive, rosacean skin and EL invisible fluid helps me to feel pretty!!I have NOT broken out from it, or from the sunscreen! Marvellous!!Highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by lachicadominicana

I got this on a sample and its absolutely perfect there is no scent to it. It is very light, the only thing I don't like about it is that it does not wear all day. I don't mind retouching, it is a foundation to wear on special occasions when you want to look flawless. I wear a conceler on my problem areas and it looks perfect. The lady that matched me at the counter used their new serum and bb cream my skin looked porcelain will buy the full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Sereen13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If your looking for a light everyday foundation to just even your skin tone for a 'no make up make up' look than this is the product your looking for, I'm not really a foundation kinda girl but this is like a tinted moisturizer but with a much more flawless finish, The trick of this foundation is to use only a tiny amount so it looks like second skin. It didn't break me out and it leaves my skin brightened with a nice glow, almost feels like your wearing nothing at all. Remember this is a water based foundation, and it requires a shake before application, Use your fingers for this one, looks much better. Save you money on the foundation brush :)

I wouldn't recommend this product of oily skin as it wouldn't last unless you use a primer or dry skin as it can leave you with flaky patches. But for all foundations you need to prepare the face (cleanse and moisturize)

try it out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Mrselvis1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what the complaints are about but I will say I've been in the business this brand included and I've tried every spray every liquid and powder. Double wear was my preference. But it is heavy and in florida you need durable makeup. But I'm so sick of heavy foundation . I got a sample of this and I asked the beauty advisor about it and she knew nothing about it. Really? So I took 2 samples of two different foundations. The other was eh. This one I put one dot and I said where did it go? Well long story short this with a dusting of urban decay naked loose powder and a dab of concealer my almost 50 year old face was flawless and radiant. This put everything I've ever used to shame.. Finally a face that isn't tight itchy . Comfortable smooth and radiant. In this case less is more

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Kimmiebat

I forgot to mention, I use my fingers to apply this one. It seems to work better than anything else. Get yourself a free sample- you've got nothing to lose! Good luck:-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

this is a nice lightweight formula that actually is lasting, and holds up for most of the day. the finish is matte and it controlled my oil decently. it's light, but buildable for more coverage. this might be a good daily foundation for those who don't like heavy foundations.
i used to use double wear but i actually prefer this. it may be one of their underrated formulas - double wear gets all the attention