Dove Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

2.9

Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Isopropyl Myristate, Aqua, Silica, Maltodextrin, PEG-8, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronelli, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

on 5/23/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

First dry shampoo I tried, and honestly it's not that bad. The smell reminds me of baby powder, so it's not exactly unpleasant. My hair was "fwaa fwaa" all day, and it didn't make my scalp itchy. The reviews are pretty negative, so maybe I'll try another brand though I'll still be buying this product.

on 5/17/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This Dry Shampoo worked but it left my hair feeling sort of waxy. Will not repurchase for that reason, I wanted my hair to feel clean! Not gross in a different way.

on 5/5/2015 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Although my Batiste Dry Shampoo for brunette hair doesn't absorb my greasies too well & is only available to me at my local Ulta which is a good 15-20 minute drive from where I live I still dedicated to using it since it didn't leave a white cast in my dark hair that my mother would later comment about as she hates my hair washing habits...having new red ombre though, there wasn't much I could do to make her feel better. My local Ulta however continued to be constantly out of the Batiste for Brunettes so I ran to my local walmart which is a good less than 5 mins away from where I live & picked this up. Used it today & it didn't leave me with such a horrible white cast that my mother would comment on it & absorbed my oil so good. It does leave the hair feeling powdery though as it is a very thick & heavy duty dry shampoo but if your hair is extremely oily & you're on a budget for what you buy & gas then this is a great option. I was able to comb through my hair without having a matted, hairspray feeling in my hair like other dry shampoos. Will use when my Batiste is out of stock but when I can get my hands on the Batiste that is the one I will go to!

on 5/5/2015 1:18:00 AM

I've been using this dry shampoo for about a month now and I am going to discontinue using it because it is making me loose a lot of hair. At first I thought it was my shampoo that I wash my hair with but I put the pieces together and it is definitely this dry shampoo. I am %110 sure of it. I have never lost as much hair as I have been before using this product.

on 3/1/2015 7:22:00 AM

I have dark brown, thick hair which gets very greasy - especially the roots - within a day. As a result I have to wash my hair every day unless I want to look like I've dipped my head in a fryer. However, there are days (usually the weekend when I'm not up to much) when I like to give my hair a rest. But not wanting to look like a grease ball mess, I thought dry shampoo might be the answer. Turns out I'm WRONG!

This is horrible! I genuinely can't think of one good thing to say about it. It's overly powdery, smells awful and leaves my hair with a really horrible, waxy coating which is worse than the grease. I also find that with my shade of hair, this has a tendency to make it look almost grey which is not appealing. It does reduce the greasiness, but the end result (waxy, powdery looking hair which smells like old ladies) just isn't enough to outweigh all of the bad points.

I think this cost me about 3.99 from Boots, but it was a waste as I got about halfway through it and chucked it. I would rather risk the grease ball look than have to use this ever again.

on 2/27/2015 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I really didn't like this dry shampoo. I've used Batiste, Suave's normal non-keratin one, NYM's Clean Freak, and this.

Scent-wise, it's not the worst. The Bastiste flower scented one is by far the worst (that's all they had at my local TJ Maxx). But performance wise, it's horrible. It doesn't leave a grayish cast in my hair unless I don't rub it in but it does absolutely nothing to absorb the oil at my roots or add volume. The volume I don't care so much about, the lack of oil absorption and how much you have to use is what gets me. I need a product that I can put in my hair and go after pulling an all-nighter so I can get a few precious hours of sleep in.

The price isn't bad but my Suave is cheaper and works better. Package wise, it's pretty bulky.

I won't repurchase it and I wouldn't recommend it.

on 2/27/2015 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I've tried every dry shampoo under the sun, and this is the only one I've found effective besides Batiste. It does a pretty good job absorbing oil, however it does leave a residue and a gritty texture in your hair. The smell is amazing though, and you get a pretty good amount for the price. I use this when I run out of my Batiste dry shampoo. It's an acceptable substitute. I would buy again to have on hand just in case.

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

While I usually adore Dove products, I'm disappointed by this one. It left my hair greasy after I used it so I had to wash my hair a few hours later. It does not do its job properly as dry shampoo is suppose to NOT make your hair greasy for a short period of time.

on 2/21/2015 8:55:00 PM

Although I've only used this once, I am extremely impressed. I've tried a couple other dry shampoos (suave, batiste, not your mothers), and although I've only used this once, I like it as well as or better than my other fav, Batiste. Smells fresh, doesn't leave an excess of white residue and is budget priced. If I continue to like it, I will likely make this my HG dry shampoo.

This was the second dry shampoo I tried after a lackluster experience with Ulta's Style and Finish Dry Shampoo. This shampoo has a white powdery finish if you apply it too heavy-handed, unlike the Ulta, which is invisible, but it does work on hair that is visibly oily. The best way to use it is to apply it at night before you go to bed, starting the day after you wash your hair if your hair is not too oily by then - I wash every other day so that works for me. Then you can reapply morning and night until you wash your hair again.

I didn't run into the problem of "running out of product" too soon as some others did - I think this is because the manufacturer had fixed the leaky can problem when I purchased it. My can lasted me a year but I probably only used this a couple times per month.

Pros: Can find at Walmart or drugstores, price, works even on visibly oily hair, not too much white powdery residue if properly applied, smells ok (floral scent)
Cons: Can show up white if you apply it too heavily, doesn't come in hair-specific colors

I might buy again if I were in a pinch but I think I will try another invisible dry shampoo or maybe a colored one specific for dark hair next time.