February 1, 2015 | 2050 users online

Dry Shampoo - Dove - Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2015 4:50:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleToes51

This was the second dry shampoo I tried after a lackluster experience with Ulta's Style and Finish Dry Shampoo. This shampoo has a white powdery finish if you apply it too heavy-handed, unlike the Ulta, which is invisible, but it does work on hair that is visibly oily. The best way to use it is to apply it at night before you go to bed, starting the day after you wash your hair if your hair is not too oily by then - I wash every other day so that works for me. Then you can reapply morning and night until you wash your hair again.

I didn't run into the problem of "running out of product" too soon as some others did - I think this is because the manufacturer had fixed the leaky can problem when I purchased it. My can lasted me a year but I probably only used this a couple times per month.

Pros: Can find at Walmart or drugstores, price, works even on visibly oily hair, not too much white powdery residue if properly applied, smells ok (floral scent)
Cons: Can show up white if you apply it too heavily, doesn't come in hair-specific colors

I might buy again if I were in a pinch but I think I will try another invisible dry shampoo or maybe a colored one specific for dark hair next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2015 3:19:00 AM More reviews by AlyssaMarie508

I decided to buy this product as the store I was at didn't didn't have my regular dry shampoo and I needed a product for the next day. I usually wash my hair everyday, but I like to give my hair a rest every few days so it won't be as damaged. It was a toss up between Dove and Herbal Essences dry shampoo and Dove won because there were less bottles on the shelf. I guess in my mind that meant people liked it.
The first time I go to use this product nothing but aerosol comes out. I had to shake it for about 2 minutes straight before any of the actual dry shampoo would come out and had to continue to shake for around a minute with every section of hair. The product made my hair fell dirty. It added nice volume to my hair, and it smells nice but that's about all it does. I have rather fine, oily hair and this did not last me all day like I was hoping. By the end of the day my hair felt heavy on my scalp and greasy.
I would not recommend this product unless you have normal hair and want to give your arms a good work out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 11:49:00 AM More reviews by jessmilley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to dry shampoo. I've been using it for about a year, took it with me to Italy in May (extremely warm there-used dry shampoo almost everyday) and with having colored hair I don't like to wash my hair too often. The price varies usually (i bought a bottle for $2 once and went back two days later and it was $4) but the quality doesn't. I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lessav13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried only a few dry shampoos (Suave, Suave w/ keratin, and Batiste for brown hair), but this one is by far the best. I have fine, wavy, auburn hair and this dry shampoo makes it look great, whether it's freshly washed or after 3 days -- gives volume, doesn't matte hair like the other ones did, smells fresh & clean, doesn't dry my hair. Love this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2015 2:12:00 AM More reviews by desertrose1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff gives me a terrible headache - no clue what put in it to make it smell like that but better off washing my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2015 11:33:00 AM More reviews by opbxr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an alright dry shampoo. It's much better than something like the Tresemme one, but it's nowhere near as good as my all-time favourite Batiste. It is more widely available in Canada compared to Batiste as well.

As a formula? It's okay. I can't speak for having the grey roots problem that commonly comes with dry shampoo since my hair is extremely fair. But my hair does get extremely oily extremely quick, and this did seem to keep my hair looking fresher. It didn't soak up all of the oil, but it soaked up most. But it was very odd - once I got about 3/4 through the can, it seemed to just be dispensing compressed air, though I could feel more product inside.

Would I repurchase? No, only because I have found so much better. If you have fair hair and are just starting out with dry shampoo, you may want to try this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by xoxgoodbye

Did absolutely nothing. My hair was still greasy, and it left white residue all over even after combing it out of my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by kayladanielle17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! It's amazing! I've tried just about every dry shampoo there is and this one is by far my favorite! I know most people (especially with darker hair) can be a little hesitant to try a new dry shampoo due to the "white cast" that it can leave in your hair. You'd be surprised how many dry shampoos I've tried that leave that white cast in my hair....and I have blond hair.. But this one doesn't leave any of that white residue in my hair. My sister is a brunette and she borrowed this and there was no white. Some dry shampoos leave your hair feeling soft and others leave your hair feeling like you just sprayed 3 bottles of hairspray in it. This one is in between. It leaves a little texture but not much. It absorbs oil and grease perfectly. I've used 3 or 4 bottles of this! And here's a little tip that I use when I'm running low on dry shampoo---when there's just a little left in the bottle, I flip my head upside down and flip the bottle upside down as well. All of the product runs down near the cap and I spray my hair. That Is how I use as much product as I can instead of throwing it away with a little bit left in the bottle. Hope this was helpful! It's my holy grail dry shampoo!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Pieran

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best drugstore dry shampoo no question - absorbs greasies AND manages to leave your already silky hair soft with the shine you had before spraying. No gritty feeling or matted chalky texture. I just spent the day running around & my hair is still sooo soft...

I deducted half a Lippie for white residue and half for fragrance for a total of 1 Lippie off. And even those are minor on the spectrum of drugstore dry shampoos; the residue disappears in one swipe + the mild powder yet still light fresh scent surpasses all the 'fragrances' of Dove's competition. And it fades after an hour. You're left with clean-smelling hair that stays that way all day. It's the end of a busy day and Im smiling!

Btw I threw out Batiste bc the candy smell gave me headaches to make Dove my bathroom staple for rushed mornings..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by NiaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have thick curly hair that I like to straighten on occasion. When it's straight it gets oily really quick. I spray this on my roots and it makes my hair look and smell amazing. It does have somewhat of a strong smell but that's a part of why I love it. Every time I spray this my boyfriend compliments me on the way my hair smells. Oh and great volume!