July 25, 2014 | 1911 users online

Dry Shampoo - Dove - Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I own Dove's dry shampoo in the *Volume* version instead of the *Invigorating* one. What can I say, it's a very basic amateur dry shampoo! I ran out of my favorite Beyond The Zone's dry shampoo and bought this on a whim at the drugstore. It's cost was about $5, really cheap in my opinion. It surprised me this isn't as good as I originally thought it was! This brand tends to be high quality and it has amazing products.
This dry shampoo was very dissapointing instead. It has a STRONG clean powdery smell, which I don't mind so much because it does fade after a few hours. At first I didn't notice any difference when I applied this for the first time. When I tried it a second time, more thoroughly, it was a shock. The propulsion of the spray was very strong, I felt a lot of pressure coming out of the can. This left a huge amount of white cast all over my scalp and it was very difficult to get rid of it; I had to use a brush and the warmth of the palm of my hands for a long time for it to fade, and this had not happened to me before with any other dry shampoo. After I managed to get rid of the white looking hair, I noticed my hair was super DRY. And not the “clean" type of dry, the type of dry that looks super burnt and opaque. My hair was stuck together and kinky as if I just poured a can of setting hairspray in my scalp. I just combed my hair and expected this effect faded with my hair's natural sebum production and it did happen, but overnight *sigh*. I think I can really make this work though, if I spray this from a good distance and work it evenly with a comb!
Pro's are: The strong smell faded and doesn't linger; my hair doesn't feel sticky or gross after using this yesterday; this didn't make my dandruffy scalp itch at all! For five bucks its okay!

(For reference, I have very long thick red hair)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ran out of my beloved Batiste dry shampoo and I couldn't find it anywhere so I decided to buy this one instead. It was not a good idea. As so many others have stated, the scent is a really really strong powdery-fake-flowers smell, and it last a longggg time. You have to use it at night so in the morning it doesn't smell that bad; but it's a PITA to use this way because I don't always know when I'll need dry shampoo in the morning!

The bottle lasted me a long time wich is not usually the case with dry shampoo, but that is the only really positive thing I have to say about this product, unfortunately. When I used it at night I had no white residue in my hair but if I used it in the morning, my hair looked ashy and gray.

I'll not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by guitargirlsings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

For my hair, this seems to work okay -- especially as it is relatively expensive. However, I'm not sure I will repurchase it. I have to use it at night to given the God-awful stench a chance to dissipate. I'm not kidding. I swear Dove is putting an entire bottle of the nastiest designer-imposter-perfume-mixed-with-potpourri-air-freshener in every spray. If your hair smells THAT badly that you need such an overwhelming scent, you are WAY past dry shampoo and you need to break down and wash your hair. It seems pretty colorless. For those with dark hair, this may be a bonus. For me, this is not a selling point. I have light blonde highlights. So, the white, powdery sprays can help take the edge off any roots that appear. I much prefer TiGi's Dirty Secret and Oh Bee Hive.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by dsweet730

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried really hard to like this product because the scent is pretty nice, but the lack of effectiveness marked my not-so-great opinion. I rubbed it into my scalp, I brushed it, I have used more, I have used less...I've tried everything, but no matter what, my hair always ends up oily again after a few hours. Then my head just feels sticky. Will not repurchase. Too bad, because I love most of Dove's products.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by starsfromscratch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay dry shampoo, had to apply a lot to get the desired effect so the product didn't last very long. Smaller container than others I've tried. Also, I took a bottle of this travelling and something with the packaging made it all come out! When I went into my suitcase to use it again the bottle was empty and I had just re-purchased it! Very weird, and will not buy again because my bathroom drawers are full and if it falls over I wouldn't want it going everywhere again!

As for the product though it works okay, comes out clear (I have dark hair, no residue) so not bad--but I'm sure you can find better even at the same price point.

Cheers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Deydria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have tried COUNTLESS dry shampoos and there was something wrong with each one. This one is perfect. I honestly don't see why the reviews are so low, maybe improper use?

1) my hair is dark, when I used it, it did not leave any powdery residue. You gotta really shake it and then spray it in spurts so that it seems wet at first, but then you get some of this powdery substance, after rubbing it, it disappears and hair feels dry.
2) the scent is very gentle and actually rather pleasant.
3) it actually makes my hair look clean. it passed the hat test too! I used it on a day when my hair looks really greasy and gross, it made it look fresh, and then I wore a cap all day, when I took it off it still looked nice and clean.
4) the bottle itself - it's easy to use, lasts for several uses, the pray doesn't go anywhere except where you aim it.
5) It's cheap! Literally the cheapest one I've seen yet! so even if it doesn't work so well for you, it's still a good purchase because I have not seen any better dry shampoos out there, might as well buy this one for 5 bucks instead of those 40 dollar ones.

Where to buy: In Canada, I was told that I could find them in any regular drugstore like Shoppers, although I couldn't find it there I have found it at Rexall (and it was on sale too!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by KimberlyM11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite dry shampoo. When used decently, works perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's not bad, it cleans my hair pretty decently but feels a little too heavy. The scent is a bit strong for me. I mostly repurchased it because of the (very) good price but I have discovered Batiste and now I can no longer go back.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by jgebauer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A pretty decent price for this product. I ran out of my psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo and couldn't find it at my local Walgreens, so I picked up this instead. After trying to get myself to like it, I just couldn't. It doesn't compare to the psssst! DS.
It's an OKAY product, I give that. But I feel like I have to spray a lot on for it to work at all (I have medium hair). Sometimes it feels pretty heavy even when I only sprayed a little bit! As the other reviews have said, the smell can be a bit overwhelming at times.
Overall, this product isn't the best. I'll just use the rest of it and go on another search at my local stores for my beloved DS

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by texasflamingo

I bought this without checking reviews. I hate it when I do that. I concur with so many others that the smell is very strong, nauseating and lingers all day. It's just gross. The can is in the trash. Bleh.