Colgate Optic White

3.2

on 7/25/2015 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Colgate total is my favorite toothpaste.
It keeps my teeth clean and it does a good job keeping stains at bay.
I tried this hoping to see some more whitening but sadly I did not notice any.
The flavor can be a bit harsh. My daughter says it burns her mouth and refuses to use it.
It did clean my teeth well and leaves them shiny and my breath fresh.
Overall it was just ok and a basic toothpaste to me.
I will stick to total.

on 7/15/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love whitening toothpastes but they didn't do much for me. The taste and feel of this toothpaste is ok, I didn't have a problem with foaming like some others. But I've been using it for a few weeks, with long brushings, and I have not noticed any whitening. I actually think Crest 3D white works a lot better than this toothpaste. I've noticed some very minor sensitivity and my tongue does burn a little by the end of my 3 minute brushing, but nothing major.

I'm not going to repurchase though, because this is really abrasive which can actually wear away enamel and make your teeth yellow! I might use it once a week or something as a "clarifying" toothpaste to scrub away any stains before they build up, but I don't think this is good as an everyday toothpaste.

on 7/11/2015 9:10:00 PM

I love this toothpaste it's got a great fresh feel to it when you are done and to the no foam sayers out there I end up looking like a rabid maniac while brushing. I have noticed a tremendous difference in my teeth they are whiter and feel better. 3 weeks and whiter teeth and that confidence boost that comes with them if I had to recommend I would do it in a heartbeat and for the price along with its mint fresh taste that to me helps it feel like it's actually doing something it's a deal too good to pass up.

on 1/16/2015 8:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I wasn't expecting much from this to be honest. Hydrogen peroxide typically takes longer to effectively whiten than in the the time it would take you to brush your teeth. But I definitely noticed some decent results that's worth spending a couple of extra dollars on, this particular one lasts a long time. The funky taste and warming sensation is the H2O2, it also has "polishing strips" that lend a gritty texture that might put some people off, but most importantly it worked (for me) so I think I'll buy it again

on 12/27/2014 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I swear by this toothpaste! I'm always asked how I keep my teeth so [naturally] white. This is it.

I brush 2x daily and sometimes I'll brush a third time if I've had a mid afternoon coffee.

I love how fresh my mouth feels, but without the sting that Crest 3D gave me. And it's not a nauseating minty taste like some sweeter toothpastes. It's minty without feeling like you ate a bunch of white tic-tacs.

Even my 8 year old son prefers this toothpaste. And I didn't know he would even care. But he always does a fist pump when I come back from the drugstore with this tune of tooth paste.

on 12/14/2014 3:54:00 AM

I have been using the colgate total toothpaste for about 4 years now I felt like I needed a change. After seeing ads for this toothpaste, I thought "Hey, this one looks good. Let's try it." So I ran out to my local target, bought it, and tried it that night. It was bad. The taste was horrible and it doesn't foam very much. By the next day I noticed small mouth ulcers starting to appear on my gums. It was painful. I wasn't sure if it was from the toothpaste or if I was brushed too hard but I still continued to use it for a week to see if it really whitens my teeth (which it did.. a little bit). The mouth ulcers just kept getting worse so I went back to my old toothpaste and waited for them to heal. After about a month, I gave it a second chance (now using a toothbrush with softer bristles) but it still gave me the same results. Overall, it was bad experience and I do not recommend it.

on 7/23/2014 12:31:00 PM

Terrible!
It tastes horrible, and I haven't really noticed a difference in my teeth after using it for a month and a half. It doesn't foam at all, and my teeth always feel gritty after I use it.
One more weird thing, after I use it my mouth feels dry, which I've never experienced with any other toothpaste, and it leaves a horrible after taste.
Don't waste your money.

on 7/16/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I wanted to try this toothpaste out because of the commercials and print ads that I have seen and it looked impressive.

Well? After using it regularly for about a month, it worked just like a normal toothpaste. It gave a good cleaning, and it didn't leave any type of grainy aftertaste. However, I didn't see any "brighten and whiten" type of change in my teeth.

My final point is that the taste of the toothpaste is nice but kind of a very strong mint. It isn't any different than Crest or Colgate.

Would I purchase this again? No. :(

Holy cow, does this stuff ever whiten! This toothpaste has saved my smile. I'm a smoker and drinker of coffee. Needless to say, I'm always trying out whitening products. Not a single one, including Rembrandt, has done for my teeth what this one has done. It literally removed most of the stains from my teeth within a week.

I got the sparkling mint flavor, and it's a white paste. It warms up in my mouth, which I don't really mind, because it feels like it's actually doing something. Usually, I brush it on and leave it for a couple of minutes, before finishing my brushing. It kind of burns my tongue, but I haven't had any tooth sensitivity from it yet.

It leaves my teeth feeling very clean and healthy, and my breath fresh.
Best of all, this is not very expensive, just about the same price as an average tube of toothpaste!

HG status for me.

This toothpaste works a lot better than 3D White in my opinion. I hace purchased both multiple times but this one always yields the best results. The crest whitestrips are nice but the toothpaste not so much. I sticking to optic white enamel strength.

Popular Other Products