September 23, 2014 | 1922 users online

Nails - Nail Bliss Pro Soak Off UV Gel Nail Kit

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by breeknee

I really liked this product overall.

It adds extensions to your nails ever so slightly which is different than the other bliss pro kits that are just a plastic white strip you glue to your nail to look like a French and adds no length.

This includes a builder or sculpting gel that is just like a gel polish but in a pot and you apply it a bit thicker than gel polish because it is meant to create a smooth nail surface with no noticeable ridge between where the nail ends and tip begins, since the tip sits on top of your nail and obviously not flush.

I liked that the tip adheres to only half way up the nail bed and not all the way to the cuticle like some artificial kits. Even though the builder and topcoat are crystal clear gel the start of the tip was undetectable.

I cured for two minutes per layer, one minute for base. Made sure I got the gel nowhere near my cuticles and didn't use too much topcoat as it is thin and will pool in the cuticle. Any part of the gel touching your skin will cause the gel to lift from your nail. If it does happen, use a buffing block and gently file it back down until it isn't pooled near the skin. If it cures on the skin soak in water to soften skin and it will come off.

As far as not having enough cleaner in the kit I am assuming the other reviewer meant the cleaning solution and all it is is just basic rubbing alcohol. You use it to clean your brush, too. The sticky top layer she describes is normal and called an induction layer. You wipe your nails with alcohol to remove it.

The onnnly problem I have with this kit is I cannot find the tips again and I'm out! The other bliss pro ones sold online aren't the extensions! Sally's doesnt sell them either.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have done my nails for years, off and on. I'm not a nailtech. I bite my natural nails, and don't if I wear tips. I got tired of acrylic mix powders, and it seemed messy, so I stopped. I need to have pretty nails, cause I'm a make up artist student. So I looked into different nail types, and found gels to be just what I needed.

The Nail Bliss Pro Gel kit, is what is sold at the nearby Sally's Beauty Supply,and it's what I bought. It's called pro cause it contains enough of a product to do several manicures. The box boasts "Over 50 manicures" but I seriously doubt that. It comes with tips. They are clear to white, which looks kind of odd with my shorter nails, but yet, it looks okay. The kit doesn't have an enough cleaner with it. I will need to buy more.

It was easy to apply, but I cured my gel nails 4 minutes, instead of the 2 minutes. I cured them with each step for 4 minutes. Be sure to have a 36 watt UV lamp, not a 9 watt lamp. Don't buy the cheapest lamp. The store employees were no help to me about this.

The gel goes on nearly flawless, and smooths out very professional looking. My nails look great. Only one (my right index finger), needed to be redone today, after 4 days. I use my right index finger often. The trick is to gel nails, is thin layers. Not like the instructions say.

Cons: Poor instructions for filling. White tips. (You should really paint over gels after they are cured, I've not done that yet.) The ingredients might be of cheaper quality. The glue is so/so. The brush is so cheap it's already useless. Poor instructions. The top gel is sticky,and gets your hands sticky, even though it's a brush on system.

Pros: Easily obtainable, looks great if you watch a few Youtube videos. So far so good. They shine like I painted them with a top coat. Affordable.

I will buy it again, but I want to take a step up and buy Geleration. Nail Bliss isn't the worse product, nor is it the best.