July 30, 2014 | 1490 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Baby Foot

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

I do get calloused feet from working out everyday and wearing flip-flops, but usually pumice them and wear a heavy lotion at night with socks on. When I saw this product it looked too good to be true, and is. I actually bought this from eBay for about $2.00 (genuine product, eBay just has ridiculous prices). The package was nice and sealed, but the problem is there are no directions in English, so I had to Google it. I soaked my feet for about 15 minutes and then wore the boots for about 1 hour. The smell and stinging scared me, so I didn't want to go longer. My feet felt soooooo dry and tight after the product was washed off, but was informed by others that used it not to put on lotion because it deters it from working. After 3-7 days there was no peeling at all. I was going on a trip and went swimming. Then my feet started to peel and flake like crazy (in at about 1.5 weeks). It was disgusting. No matter how much I tried to pumice them or peel them or wash them, the skin would not completely come off. It was the dumbest thing I ever purchased because you wait for it to peel off in bits here and there, then in the meantime you're getting more dead skin buildup in general. I ended up having to buy a razor to scrape off the thick skin that remained. All in all, this whole process was about 1 month long. Can you imagine having flaky, rough skin for that long?? I would never repurchase this product and never recommend. Best to just pumice and moisturize as normal. Also, no "baby foot" feeling after it was done. What a useless product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by shoeho

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was dubious. I've always had issues with cracked heels and heavy callouses. After a month-long trip that included a lot of hiking, my feet were really a mess. Callouses were almost leather like.

I did this a week ago and the improvement is immense. Followed the directions to the letter. The peel started about day four. The heavy callouses I did help along with a plainer, but they were much easier to remove than they would have been if I hadn't used this product. They might have sloughed off after a time on their own, but were getting to the point where they actually hurt.

After a few more days (still peeling) I am going to start using a exfoliating foot balm. Since my feet were in such bad shape, I may repeat the process in a few more weeks to clear up any residual callouses. If this worked so well on my really messed up feet, it would be fab on anything less grungy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh my god. Eff ya, Baby Foot! I used the Japanese version, but it still came with English-language directions (I bought that version because it was the cheapest.) I have not been excited about a beauty product ever.

This product was way more effective than a recent pedicure in clearing away dead skin, or other foot moisturizing/exfoliating products. My feet did get dry in the days leading up to the full-on peeling, but they started shedding around days 4-5. I did a couple of foot soaks in the first few days, and didn't use any creams, per the instructions.

Honestly, I'm shocked this worked as well as it did.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The most grotesquely awesome beauty product ever. I can't even explain how satisfying peeling away your nasty callouses feels-just do it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, does this product work!! My feet were not bad to begin with, but I had stubborn heel calluses with cracks, that I'd been neglecting, and a few other thickened areas round my toes. Just as the package described, by feet peeled like mad about 4 days later, then peeled again. My cracked calluses were removed. Even the cuticles peeled off, leaving me with immaculate toenails! I do have some useful tips that I learned from using it:

~ Remove your polish first! It melted mine off!
~ Definitely soak your feet first, or take a long shower.
~ Be patient because your feet won't peel for about 4-5 days. At about day 4, soak your feet until they are pruned or just take a long shower, and it will loosen up all the dead skin. Then rub with a coarse towel to get all the peeling skin off. You'll probably want to do this again in a couple of days. You may also want to use a foot file on the peeling heels and calluses at this point because those practically come off in little chunks! I know- gross! But the results are divine!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by blkintegrity

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SO I BOUGHT THIS ITEM AND PUT MY FOOT IN THE BOOTIES FOR 1 HOUR AND 15 MINUTES. RINSED MY FEET OFF WITH SOAP AND WATER. NOTHING EVER PEELED OR HAPPEN. THIS IS A SCAM AND A WASTE OF MONEY! RIDICULOUS!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Its time I tell a tale of Babyfoot. I have really gross calluses, I usually use PediEgg but I was hearing so much hype about Babyfoot I had to try it out. I ordered from a reputable seller on Ebay. I did a lot of research before purchasing so I was completely ready. I soaked my feet for 20 minutes and left the booties on for 2 hours. NOTHING HAPPENED. My feet were just really gross and super dry. No peeling at all, it was very odd.

So I waited about 2.5 weeks and decided I would use the second package. This time I soaked my feet before using the bootie for 30 minutes and left it on for 2.5 hours. I was not messing around. 2 weeks pass, nothing. 3 weeks later I start to see some peeling. 3 weeks later, WTF. I was so over at this point. my feet had been through so many emotions it wasn't fair.

In any event, when my feet finally did start to peel I was very very underwhelmed. They peeled in little pieces for about 1 week. I had somewhat soft feet for about 2 weeks after all was said and done, but now my feet are back to the way they were before Babyfoot ever came into my life.

I'm really surprised I didn't have better luck with Babyfoot. I guess it just was not meant to be. It just was not worth it for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I decided to try this right as sandal weather was setting in which was my only issue with this treatment. It worked really well, even though I was impatient and only soaked my feet for 5 minutes beforehand, next time i will soak for a full 15 minutes.

I wish I could have done a second and maybe even 3rd treatment in the months following the first, but my feet peeled for over a week and it is now too warm to have my feet covered up all day. I've been using a pedegg for years and thought that worked pretty good, but this treatment will get rid of a lot more rough and/or thick skin. My only complaint would be how terribly dry it made my feet for the 4 days between the treatment and when the peeling started. It was actually really uncomfortable and again I ignored the directions and used a bit of moisturizer because it was literally driving me crazy.

I will definitely be using this again but I will time it better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this in a 2 pack on eBay. It wasn't the actual Babyfoot brand, it was a cheaper version but it still worked so I guess it has the same active ingredients! My feet were really getting to me, I had hard skin on the balls of my feet and my heels were cracked. I could NOT for the life of me get the skin off. I would soak, file and moisturize my feet to death and the next day they'd be back dry and terrible.

So, got these booties, soaked my feet, chucked them on for an hour, rinsed it with warm water and dried. After a week, still nothing. My feet felt crazy dry which was horrible. I contemplated using the other packet, then decided I was going to. So I soaked my feet again this time making sure I did it for a LONG time to get best results, pulled my feet out and WOAH. As soon as I wiped my foot with a towel, chunks of dead skin started peeling off. I know it says to leave it be and not try and pull off the skin - but I just couldn't! It was gross, but in a good way because you can see it working! My feet were peeling for the next 3 weeks. I don't think it was meant to take that long but I kept pulling and rubbing off the skin.

Afterwards my feet were definitely softer. The balls of my feet were no longer hard and my heels had no cracks. It's been about a month now since they stopped peeling and it's much easier to keep them soft. A quick file and moisturize before bed each night keeps them nice and they no longer snag my bedsheets! Will definitely do the other pack when they start getting hard again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

*I had OK feet to begin with. Not seriously cracked heels, a few callouses from wearing flats excessively, and thickened skin but other than that pretty normal. The idea of a peel for the feet intrigued me so I jumped on the wagon. Before I did this peel my feet would snag the bedsheets though.. haha

*I did the peel 3/13/14. Prior to it arriving in the mail I literally had just used my PedEgg a day before. I did not face any sensitivity issues during the peel because my feet hardened up quickly regardless of the rigorous rubbing from the day before. My blades are dull anyways so I'm sure that has something to do with the effectiveness.

The Peel:
*I soaked my feet in a plain hot water foot bath to soften my feet and to help the peel work better for me. After looking at too many before-after pictures of the peeling process and reading tons of reviews, I found this step to be essential to get the best and effective results!
*After patting feet dry, I cut open the plastic boots and slipped my feet in and then put a pair of socks on top. I wore them for an hour. I noticed some reviewers did longer than that (2 hours!) but I was too afraid since it was my first time. I think maybe since this product can be purchased from different countries the content differs and possibly this is why some directions say 1 hour and some say 2. IDK
*My sister walked by and said it smelled like I was bleaching my hair. I don't care too much about if something is too strong but I know there are folks out there that can't handle it.
*Your feet will look pruney after you take the plastic booties off. Make sure you safely get to an area you can rinse them before taking them off because the product stays wet and it can be slippery.
*After rinsing, my feet looked no different at all. This is normal.

The fun begins: The actual PEELing:
*Days 1-3: I didn't see any change. Seriously NOTHING. Not a scratch. I took photos and everything to track my "progress". Tops of my feet were a little shiny.
*Day 4: Still saw nothing but if anything my feet looked and felt slightly dryer.The heel area looked cracked and this alarmed me because I was like "oh crap what if the peel isn't strong enough for my skin." This was normal thankfuly. :D
*Day 5: the magic began. Regardless of the million reviews I read I somehow lost hope just because I didn't get results as quick as the second day. But literally on que, the peeling starting slowly appearing. I wore flats to school this day and looked down in the middle of class to see the flaky ass tops of my feet. The instructions said don't put creams so I was like arrgghh and changed into sneakers that I had. You might not be this lucky if you happen to forget about doing the peel in the first place like I did. LOL
This night when I came home, I soaked my feet until the water wasn't hot. Right away when I rubbed it with my hands or even with the washcloth I saw peeled skin peeling more and NEW peels forming where I rubbed. This was really gross honestly, and I'm not even the type to get easily grossed out either!! Haha. Rubbing with washcloth or hands honestly just made things messier so the whole "let it peel naturally" is great advice that I wish I'd done (and will do in the future) because instead of long strips of skin peeling I had a flake fest on my feet that covered the inside of my socks. No biggie.
Day 6-the rest: Peeeeeeels like crazy. I used my apricot scrub on my feet gently to get rid of excess flakes. There comes a long agonizing point where you ask yourself is this still not done peeling? I actually got sick of it since the only time I could remove my socks was to hop in the shower.

The amount of dead skin that you'll see and feet flakes in general is really gross. Don't let your boyfriend or any people you love see your feet during this because it looks scary hahha. After the new PINK baby feet are visible under the skin, they become SENSITIVE not sore or painful but super sensitive to things like how cold the floor feels. You will notice the texture of your socks more and you definitely don't want to wear flats during this time. Wearing socks actually protects your feet from getting rough again to begin with.

My final impressions of this product: This peel does exactly what it says. The results willl last as long as you can maintain your feet.I mainly used this to hit the "reset" button on my feet because I have never cared too much about them. Now all of a sudden i find myself pampering my feet as a nightly routine. I love this product and would definitely do another one but for now I am very pleased with the results and can take it from here instead of dishing out another $25 just yet. I started a foot regimen that includes a moisturizing cream and exfoliating them regularly to prevent the dead skin build up. I have hardwood floors at home and will not be walking bearfoot anymore since a lot of dirt can stick to your feet and make them gross looking.

UPDATE! 7/12/14

I did the peel again!!
**What I did differently this time:
Simply put, I "tailored" each bootie using the tape provided.The booties can accommodate up to a size 11 in men's and I wear 7.5 in womens so there was a lot of extra space not being used up as well as space that the gel could go although my foot couldn't. So basically I scrunched up the extra plastic part of the bootie and taped it firmly on the top of my foot, one at my ankle, and another at the heel. I actually noticed a bigger improvement with my results on the heels since more solution was able to be soaked up. Maybe doing this was what the intended purpose of the tape included but I didn't think to do this until my second peel since the instructions didn't say to do it this way.

I also left it on for 1.5 hours instead of 1. I wanted to make it to 2 hours but my feet were numb and really cold so I washed it off. Peeling began at day 3!!

the BEST foot cream to pair with the peel is Flexitol!! Check it out