October 21, 2014 | 1992 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Baby Foot

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by atsirk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is hands-down one of my all-time favorite "beauty" tricks. I wear flip flops and other sandals almost year around in Southern California and my feet get dry. I am really good about using a pumice stone on them in the shower every day, but that only does so much good. I randomly saw Baby Foot advertised on a website and was skeptical but they were having a sale for first-time users of the website, so I got it. I was still skeptical for a few days and then one day before bed, I happened to see the skin on my pinky toe peeling. I pulled at it and BOOM. Over the next few days my the dead, dry skin on my feet came off in sheets. It was both horrifying and incredible all at once. My heels, which are always the areas that suffer the most from dryness and the starting of cracking, were literally smooth as a baby's foot. I could not believe it. This is also gross, but I get ingrown toenails on my big toes, and the skin peeled off in that area and allowed me to easily and without pain take care of those. WELL WORTH THE PRICE.

The only downside is that it can take up to two weeks for all of the peeling to end, which limits the kinds of shoes you wear. (Trust me, when your feet at at the height of peeling, you need to wear close-toed shoes. Or just stay home and vacuum if you're barefoot!)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by CocoaSkinChi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Gonna keep this short:

Filed my feet like you would during a traditional pedicure.
The next day I Took a 45 minute shower so my feet were somewhat soaked since the drain in my shower was slow.
put on the Baby Foot plastic sock for 1hr.

Took it off.
Washed my feet.
Didn't use any moisturizer for 5 days and finally saw some pealing. It was a test of patience, but I was relieved once I saw pealing. I didn't met with it and let it all fall off. Every day following that, for about another week, there was more and more pealing. On the final day of pealing, I finally couldn't take it and scrubbed my feet aggressively in the shower. SO MUCH DEAD SKIN came off.

Results:
The thicker calluses on my foot did not come completely off. Bummer.
However every and i do mean EVERY other area of dead skin on my foot did come off. I didn't even know some of it was dead skin. 0_0
My foot feels much softer, including the callused areas. The first time I filed the calluses after baby foot, I could tell that whatever dead skin was left wasn't as dead as what fell off. The friction felt different during filing, it wasn't as sandpaper-ish. Hope this makes sense!

I'm going to order another round of baby foot and will try it as soon as the package delivers.

IMPORTANT: I would not use this product AT ALL if I am planning to wear sandles within the next 30 days. It even peels the top of your foot! Be prepared to wear socks 24/7 for at least 21-30 days.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

I do get calloused feet from working out everyday and wearing flip-flops, but usually pumice them and wear a heavy lotion at night with socks on. When I saw this product it looked too good to be true, and is. I actually bought this from eBay for about $2.00 (genuine product, eBay just has ridiculous prices). The package was nice and sealed, but the problem is there are no directions in English, so I had to Google it. I soaked my feet for about 15 minutes and then wore the boots for about 1 hour. The smell and stinging scared me, so I didn't want to go longer. My feet felt soooooo dry and tight after the product was washed off, but was informed by others that used it not to put on lotion because it deters it from working. After 3-7 days there was no peeling at all. I was going on a trip and went swimming. Then my feet started to peel and flake like crazy (in at about 1.5 weeks). It was disgusting. No matter how much I tried to pumice them or peel them or wash them, the skin would not completely come off. It was the dumbest thing I ever purchased because you wait for it to peel off in bits here and there, then in the meantime you're getting more dead skin buildup in general. I ended up having to buy a razor to scrape off the thick skin that remained. All in all, this whole process was about 1 month long. Can you imagine having flaky, rough skin for that long?? I would never repurchase this product and never recommend. Best to just pumice and moisturize as normal. Also, no "baby foot" feeling after it was done. What a useless product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by shoeho

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was dubious. I've always had issues with cracked heels and heavy callouses. After a month-long trip that included a lot of hiking, my feet were really a mess. Callouses were almost leather like.

I did this a week ago and the improvement is immense. Followed the directions to the letter. The peel started about day four. The heavy callouses I did help along with a plainer, but they were much easier to remove than they would have been if I hadn't used this product. They might have sloughed off after a time on their own, but were getting to the point where they actually hurt.

After a few more days (still peeling) I am going to start using a exfoliating foot balm. Since my feet were in such bad shape, I may repeat the process in a few more weeks to clear up any residual callouses. If this worked so well on my really messed up feet, it would be fab on anything less grungy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh my god. Eff ya, Baby Foot! I used the Japanese version, but it still came with English-language directions (I bought that version because it was the cheapest.) I have not been excited about a beauty product ever.

This product was way more effective than a recent pedicure in clearing away dead skin, or other foot moisturizing/exfoliating products. My feet did get dry in the days leading up to the full-on peeling, but they started shedding around days 4-5. I did a couple of foot soaks in the first few days, and didn't use any creams, per the instructions.

Honestly, I'm shocked this worked as well as it did.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The most grotesquely awesome beauty product ever. I can't even explain how satisfying peeling away your nasty callouses feels-just do it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, does this product work!! My feet were not bad to begin with, but I had stubborn heel calluses with cracks, that I'd been neglecting, and a few other thickened areas round my toes. Just as the package described, by feet peeled like mad about 4 days later, then peeled again. My cracked calluses were removed. Even the cuticles peeled off, leaving me with immaculate toenails! I do have some useful tips that I learned from using it:

~ Remove your polish first! It melted mine off!
~ Definitely soak your feet first, or take a long shower.
~ Be patient because your feet won't peel for about 4-5 days. At about day 4, soak your feet until they are pruned or just take a long shower, and it will loosen up all the dead skin. Then rub with a coarse towel to get all the peeling skin off. You'll probably want to do this again in a couple of days. You may also want to use a foot file on the peeling heels and calluses at this point because those practically come off in little chunks! I know- gross! But the results are divine!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by blkintegrity

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SO I BOUGHT THIS ITEM AND PUT MY FOOT IN THE BOOTIES FOR 1 HOUR AND 15 MINUTES. RINSED MY FEET OFF WITH SOAP AND WATER. NOTHING EVER PEELED OR HAPPEN. THIS IS A SCAM AND A WASTE OF MONEY! RIDICULOUS!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Its time I tell a tale of Babyfoot. I have really gross calluses, I usually use PediEgg but I was hearing so much hype about Babyfoot I had to try it out. I ordered from a reputable seller on Ebay. I did a lot of research before purchasing so I was completely ready. I soaked my feet for 20 minutes and left the booties on for 2 hours. NOTHING HAPPENED. My feet were just really gross and super dry. No peeling at all, it was very odd.

So I waited about 2.5 weeks and decided I would use the second package. This time I soaked my feet before using the bootie for 30 minutes and left it on for 2.5 hours. I was not messing around. 2 weeks pass, nothing. 3 weeks later I start to see some peeling. 3 weeks later, WTF. I was so over at this point. my feet had been through so many emotions it wasn't fair.

In any event, when my feet finally did start to peel I was very very underwhelmed. They peeled in little pieces for about 1 week. I had somewhat soft feet for about 2 weeks after all was said and done, but now my feet are back to the way they were before Babyfoot ever came into my life.

I'm really surprised I didn't have better luck with Babyfoot. I guess it just was not meant to be. It just was not worth it for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I decided to try this right as sandal weather was setting in which was my only issue with this treatment. It worked really well, even though I was impatient and only soaked my feet for 5 minutes beforehand, next time i will soak for a full 15 minutes.

I wish I could have done a second and maybe even 3rd treatment in the months following the first, but my feet peeled for over a week and it is now too warm to have my feet covered up all day. I've been using a pedegg for years and thought that worked pretty good, but this treatment will get rid of a lot more rough and/or thick skin. My only complaint would be how terribly dry it made my feet for the 4 days between the treatment and when the peeling started. It was actually really uncomfortable and again I ignored the directions and used a bit of moisturizer because it was literally driving me crazy.

I will definitely be using this again but I will time it better.