April 18, 2014 | 1808 users online

Treatments - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Pore-Refining Anti-Aging Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This has become my HG face treatment!
It's hard to find, I had to order it online because I wasn't able to find it anywhere in Canada. It's also pretty expensive (I paid $45 or so).
But, it's worth it.
I have oily/combination skin with some old acne marks, and thanks to this serum, all marks have faded to almost nothing. The texture of my skin has improved greatly, it's smooth and glowing. This serum also balances my skin, I don't get oily anymore.
I can't speak about the anti-ageing properties because I don't yet have wrinkles or anything, but I'm hopeful it helps prevent them.

It smells very lightly like alcohol when I apply it, but this smell goes away very quickly. It's a clear liquid with a bit of a viscous texture, that spreads easily and dries very fast. I only use about 3-4 drops for my entire face, and that's more than enough.
I like to apply my Avene Skin Recovery Cream on top after it's dry, just to moisturize and calm down any irritation that may occur.

I use it nightly, with the exception of a night or 2 per week when I do a short contact therapy with 2.5% BP.

I hardly ever break out anymore, and I'm finally happy with my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by lsabel87

i have enlarged pores and oily skin. after two days using this serum day and night i noticed that my forehead (where the skin wasn't too bad to start with) looked completely flawless and the skin was tighter. then after a week all my pores were refined and my skin tone was way more even. after using it for two weeks i've gone down to only applying it am as i like to give my skin a chance to rest during the night.

one lippie off as it contains alcohol and is slightly dehydrating.. can't see how how an anti-aging serum with alcohol as second ingredient will work in the long run? also, my skin is still as oily but i have a feeling that is just something some of us just have to accept... but anyway, can't give it a lower rating as my skin looks better than ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Mametchi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

To start: I have had acne since I was 12. I'm 24 now, my acne is finally going away because I've been taking vitamin A supplements. (Who knew). Luckily, I only have a few enlarged pores on the delicate areas from all the years of stubborn acne- but they are on my cheeks and nose (to me, obvious). Recently I noticed the one on my cheek looking more noticeable. I was in tears. All the years of acne and now this. I was even considering an expensive derm treatment where they burn your skin or something. I trust this brand quality after using their amazing sunscreen and tried it after reading reviews. OMG !!!!!amazing. Instantly my pores shrunk up. I'm using this everyday. Thank god for this. Try it totally worth 40 bucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by BoandChica2

I don't understand the wonderful reviews. Maybe it's just me and my skin. I have oily/combo skin and it can be sensitive. That being said, when I put this on my skin the first time, it was like putting rubbing alcohol on my face. I didn't check out the ingredients until then (my bad) and saw that the 2nd ingredient is alcohol denat. Not good. The alcohol smell was overwhelming. But, I decided to press on and used day and night for a week. Then I just had to stop. While I will say my skin was soft afterward, my face started looking very dry and lackluster. No brightness nor luminosity. Definitely not want I want for 48yr old skin. Obviously it's doing something for other women, but not for me. It's going back to Ulta tomorrow. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by District320

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This serum has changed my life. I started using it on a Friday 2x daily in April and by the following Monday, I could see and feel a big difference. I'm a commitment phobe when it comes to treatments, but I will never be without this serum, ever!! I'm already on my 3rd bottle. I was looking at my pics from earlier this year and my daughter counted more than 38 dark spots on my face!! Now, I barely have 2!! Like I mention in the beginning, this serum has changed this zit pickers life!! I hope my review helps anyone out there. Thanks for reading and sharing your stories. Xxoo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Lynsi01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this along with the cleanser. The first two weeks I used it AM and PM, and now I just use in the AM. First few times it did burn a bit when I applied, and I did experience some purging. Less than a month later, my skin is practically crystal clear. My pores are WAY smaller, and I'm less oily. I'm amazed. I will gladly repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by barrieb3

Very satisfied with this product! My skin looked ruddy, uneven, scarred...and in just a few days of using this product, my skin looks much more even and old scars have begun to fade. It gives my skin a very youthful glow...I have begun to use less foundation as a result of using this product. Highly recommend!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Well another great EFFECTIVE product from LaRoche!
This serum will "Pick up your face after waking up" as I say LoL
It will tighten and brighten and all that you would expect from a quality serum. I don't use it often 1x a week because I have drier skin so I must be careful because this can dry it out if you don't moisturize properly but Vichy's Mineral Balm has got me covered there.
Im sure when I get to be my mother's age late 40's I will reach for this miracle in a jar quite often, it's effective and cheap compared to what other cosmetic companies charge for their nonsense in a jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Monavic29

I have only been using this product for about 2 weeks so I cant give a proper review but I will come back to update a few months down the line. I absolutely love this product. I have large pores on my nose and cheeks and it seems like nothing would help to make smaller but this product does. It makes them appear so much smaller and clean, my skin texture is smoother and brighter, and it didnt dry out my skin (although my skin takes well to aha/bha/retinol.) Im excited to see what the long term results are, but so far im really liking it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by 1990ardus

OMG MY SKIN IS GLOWING!!!