January 28, 2015 | 1300 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2015 3:44:00 PM More reviews by lindsaylew11

great concealer. It provides medium coverage. It covers dark circles well, but doesn't work well as a concealer for blemishes, etc. If you need a FULL coverage concealer, keep looking!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2015 1:28:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't like Maybelline very much but this was on sale and something drove me to buy it. I'm glad I did because I actually like this a lot. I have this in fair, which is actually too light and a bit pink on me so next time I think I'll go with light.

I know some people find the eraser unhygienic but I find it so convenient and I take comfort knowing that I use it purely for under the eyes and not to cover pimples and other blemishes. I find it interesting that some describe this as thick as I find it to be quite thin in texture and easy to layer and build up. I haven't used a concealer with this kind of texture before but I really like it. It isn't cakey, doesn't make my under eyes look flaky and dry, nor does it settle into fine lines. It is also easy to blend out with your fingers.

It covers under eye circles pretty well and although I don't use the brightener shade, I still find that it has a brightening quality. Out of all the concealers I have tried under the eyes, this creases the least.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2015 11:52:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this. I've owned three colors and for my NW20 the light works best. It's pretty thick and blends well. I don't care for the sponge part, a tube would work fine, but I was truly shocked by this concealer. It works just as well, if not better, than most high end ones I've used. I'm on my third one and am probably going to stick with it for awhile.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2015 12:16:00 AM More reviews by thenewjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite low end concealer and compares highly against many much more expensive alternatives. It is so creamy without being to thick and covers my dark circles so well without being too caked up. It is also great to cover spots and redness. The dispenser is a little bit gross, because it gets really dirty. Also the cap is something that gets lost easily and then the sponge can get dirty and ruin the concealer. But I really do like the sponge applicator because it glides the product on and feels really nice. The way you can see how much product you have used is really good and also the way the product is pulled up and then the rest is pushed down by the mechanism (if that makes sense) means no amount of concealer is wasted, its all used. No scraping the tube here or wondering how much there is to go!!! The only downside is that it doesn't last very long (for me anyway) and that's strange because there is a lot of product in the tube. But in a way its actually satisfying to see it go quickly (because its that good). Definitely a no brain buy, so cheap so good.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2015 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Lumpytacos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this concealer in medium, and its undertones are far too pink for my yellow based skin. The coverage is great as well as the packaging, but unless I find a better colour, this just doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 8:14:00 PM More reviews by kjademua

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this for my under eye circles! Of course it's not as good as MAC's, but I love the brightening one! It does seem to last pretty long. It's a bit thin but does a pretty good job for a drugstore concealer! I never tried the other colors because the brightening one is also good to highlight. I often use my MAC Pro longwear concealer first (NC15) first and then this one over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2015 7:04:00 PM More reviews by lolarica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This really lives up to the hype! Beautiful texture (lightweight, SUPER blendable), long-lasting, non-irritating. The shade Light would better match my skintone (I am NC/NW20-ish), but I got this in the shade Fair because I really wanted a more pinky-toned, brightening effect. I have a pretty pigmented/purple undereye area, although thankfully my "circles" are only consigned to my inner eye. This is NOT a full coverage concealer and definitely doesn't cancel out my circles completely, but I almost like it better that way since it looks more natural. I usually apply it under my eyes and down my upper/inner cheeks a wider "V" shape, because it works well to counteract any redness there also. And needless to say, foundation blends beautifully on top of it, but even on "no makeup makeup" days it looks 100% natural on its own.

Re: the sponge applicator, I actually really like it, but I know it's not the most hygienic way of applying the product. I feel okay about using it because I ONLY use this product on my undereyes/tops of cheeks, where I don't get acne. (And I guess this isn't something intended for use on acned areas anyway, but if you're going that route, I'd put some on the back of my hand first. I know some people have removed the sponge entirely, but I think that would make a mess! :) I also don't feel like I'm losing any product to the sponge, because the click-up tube visibly delivers the product and shows how much there is left, which is SO much preferable than scraping the insides of a concealer tube with a wand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 5:10:00 PM More reviews by PipHarris99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I have the most awful under eye circles that I doubt even the most expensive quality brands would cover. I tried this particular concealer after I read some good reviews of it and of course it was quite cheap. I was overall very happy with it, it covered the circles very well, considering they are incredibly bad. I would most likely buy this product again. The concealer is also very good not only with dark under eye circles, but also with small pimples and redness, covering them very effectively.

The only faults I would have with this concealer would be that it is not very long wearing, starting to come off within hours, so touch ups are almost always needed, unless used in conjunction with a powder (I'm yet to find out!) Another fault would be that it is quite greasy, giving you a bit of shine and an oily feeling, especially on the forehead. I understand this though as it wasn't actually meant for the T-zone (only under the eyes), but I find this is a bit of a downside as it works very well all over the face. Again, a powder would probably fix this!

Anyways, a bloody good product and would most likely buy again, as it is a good price for quite a good concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 9:11:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy grail for me definetely

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 6:40:00 PM More reviews by claudrcruz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down Holy Grail concealer. I wear this just underneath my eyes and around my nose sometimes and it works perfectly. It's like a miracle-worker for my dark circles/spots. Definitely lasts all day on my oily skin.