Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

4.2

Taken from U.S. National Library of Medicine (dailymed.nlm.nih.gov) Active ingredients: Octinoxate 5% Titanium Dioxide 1.6% Inactive ingredients: aqua (water), cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, alcohol denat, nylon 6/12, glycerin, cyclohexsiloxane, zinc oxide, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium sulfate, PEG PPG 19/19 dimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4- isostearate, propylene carbonate,lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate cross polymer, salicylic acid, aluminum hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, lens esculenta fruit extract, stearic acid, triethoxycaprylylsilane, potassium hydroxide, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl glucoside, tetrasodium edta, isopropyl palmitate, methylparaben, lecithin, ethylparaben, phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, dimethoxyl chromanol, ethylhexylglycerin, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, BHT, tocopherol, may contain CI 77891 (titanium dioxide).

on 8/20/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Right, I bought this foundation yearrrsss ago to replace my Revlon Colorstay. I wanted something full coverage, matte and GOOD for my skin. No7 has ticked allll the boxes! Such beautiful coverage (i apply this foundation with real techniques face brush, buffing it into my skin) and i set it with Vichy Powder. It lasts ALL day and is beautiful. My skin is really acne prone and this is the only foundation that hasnt broken me out and has actually helped my skin improve! Im on my 4th tube and I will definitely buy more.

Of course, theres a downside. I only wish this foundation was more matte. It HAS to be set or will transfer and become oily within an hour.

on 8/8/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let's face it, I am a foundation junkie and this is not my first foundation. So being around the block hundreds of times, this product surprised me. The rep at Target recommended this and without checking Makeup Alley, I went for it. It is full coverage for sure. It stays on for a long time. It is matte. It does not oxidize. The shades are very limited at least in my area but thankfully, Deeply Beige was a great match. So all and all, from one makeup junkie to another, try it!

on 8/2/2015 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Color range is limited, but I took a chance on Mocha, since it was on clearance at Target for $10.49 . Had to work with this foundation. The yellow under tones were very strong, but once I blended more with a damp sponge it got better. Finish was great and photograph well. I really wanted to try this because of my combination skin and it did fine. I'm not heavy handed with my foundation, and only have to color correct my under eye area. So my foundation is used primarily in my T-zone and under my eyes. I was shine free for a couple hours. And used blotting sheets, no touch ups.

on 7/20/2015 8:53:00 AM

HORRIBLE. I am an ardent user of MAC & Estee Lauder Double wear. I do wear Dior sculpt or Arden. I have a habit of buying things - no matter It suits me or not. An impulsive buyer you can say. So, I went to boots the other day & bought this Beautifully Matte foundation after reading so high reviews on makeupalley.com. Though I got quite negative reviews on youtube.

1st of the all I couldnt find the exact shade. I chose something close to my skin tone.

When I applied the product at Boots, I started sweating. I thought its because I was exhausted of cooking throughout the day & walking in mall.

When I applied it at home, same thing happened to me. My face became reddish & started swearing abnornally. I went out, sat in the car & it seemed I didnt put any makeup at all. My face looked terribly undertone & my neck became fairer than my face & my face was still sweating heavily. I was choked!

I couldnt bare more. Next evening I returned the product to boots, paid some extra & bought Stay perfect Primer & a bottle of cleansing oil. Not sure if the primer would eventually suit me or not, but again its primer -- I would apply only if I feel like...

I have used many international brand till date but never used such horrible thing... Forget mattifying, I was about to die!

NO NEVER!

on 6/14/2015 7:33:00 AM

I have never written a review on anything before but I felt compelled to write about this foundation! I have very oily/dry acne prone skin, sometimes I want matte sometimes I need that extra bit of moisture! But this foundation is a dream!!My colour calico is very natural for me, I have pink undertones and definitely need a yellow tone foundation, this is perfect! It's after a few hours I do get a bit shiney bit that's just me. It's lightweight but with full coverage and doesn't break me out! Sometimes you do need a little powder t set depending on how much coverage you need but I start with a primer and dot to apply and away I go! My favourite foundations are Clinique anti blemish solutions and Estée Lauder Doublewear and this is just the perfect in between! Absolute bargain too!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I researched this foundation and saw so many good reviews which is why I went to buy it. This foundation applies flawlessly. My skin is very oily and the biggest problem I had was shine. This product has spf which may be why because when I used an oil sheet my skin wasn't even very oily just very shiny. This foundation rubs off very easily. If this didn't make me look like I was in the middle of a meltdown this would be my go-to. Possibly this would work well for people whose skin isn't so oily

on 4/28/2015 8:51:00 AM

Got this foundation on a whim because I was starting to run out of my Chanel Lumiere Velvet, I have very sensitive skin that is very easily broken out, and this foundation works wonders! my skin has vastly improved over only 3 days of using it! The coverage is very buildable and covers my acne scars, freckles and blackheads like no other foundation I've tried! I'm so happy I got this foundation and since buying it I haven't touched my Chanel! think it may even be my HG foundation. The packaging is also very light, small & easy to carry about the pump is also very handy at making sure you get full use of all the product and shows exactly how much you have left. Highly recommend.

on 4/27/2015 9:53:00 AM

Overall, I love this foundation! It applies really well with a beauty blender or stippling brush. I find that it covers my acne scars and blemishes really well and it's very buildable so when I'm in a rush and don't have time for concealer I just apply an extra layer on my blemishes and it covers them really nicely! The packaging is great as it's a pump and also shows you how much you have left, unlike a lot of DS foundations. The price was about 17 euro which is a bit pricey for a drugstore product but it is worth it! I use calico as I have very pale skin and it is a tiny bit too dark for my skin, but once I bring it down to my neck it looks fine. It does look a bit oily in my t-zone area after about 4/5 hours and it goes a bit chalky around my dry areas so I use a lot of moisturizer and primer before I apply the foundation and set it with only a little bit of powder, otherwise it gets a little cakey looking I would definitely buy this again, it's great coverage, doesn't break me out and applies really well

I first bought this product last year and was matched as cool vanilla. At first I thought this matched my skin fine but after a while I thought it started to look orange (I guessed it was because the tan from my holiday had faded) but when I got it retested my shade came up the same. The next time I went to buy foundation I took a sample of the next shade down (calico) and tried it at home and that one clearly blended much better so I'm confused why my skin showed up as cool vanilla when it definitely wasn't! Anyway I think this product gave a good coverage which lasted all day but it did tend to look a bit chalky/cakey especially over my nose and around my hairline and did tend to look dry. I didn't notice any scent and I couldn't feel the product on my skin. It's possible to build up this foundation but I wouldn't recommend it except to conceal redness because it can look very obvious. Not the most natural looking foundation but I'd definitely buy again.

on 3/27/2015 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The BEST foundation for oily skin without a doubt. It has good coverage and lasts a good while. If it's hot I may have to powder throughout the day but that's nothing compared to if I was wearing another foundation.