October 21, 2014 | 1985 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Burgundy

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got it in a duo with Seashell from Costco, along with lip liners, cream blush/lip color, and a sharpener. The packaging sucks, it's in a cardboard palette that wont stay shut, I had to wrap a hair elastic around it. Burgundy is a shimmery plum. It doesn't have great color payoff despite being so dark in the pan. It went on looking more brown, not purple. It reminds me of "Devotion" from Bare Escentuals with more brown in it. For such a dark color it really went on light even with UDPP underneath. It's pretty but not unique or a knock out. Sometimes Stila eyeshadows are really lackluster and poorly pigmented, I've been disappointed with all the Stila eyeshadows I've gotten at Costco. This and seashell are pretty soft and chalky. I keep saying I wont get them again, but I can't pass up 7 bucks for 2 lipliners, blush, and 2 eyeshadows. I have at least one other purple shadow like this, if not more, so it's not an exciting purchase for me.

Edit: I came back to give one more star. After using this for awhile, it's not the worst ever, although I still find it too soft and chalky. In the pan this has some sparkles but on it just looks like a drab brownish purple, but it is a decent crease color. With TFSI underneath it works much better. I end up wasting a lot of shadow because each brush stroke dislodges more shadow than I can use. I wouldn't buy Stila shadows on their own, but given I got this for about two dollars, it's fine.