September 18, 2014 | 1999 users online

Styling Products - Joico - Curl Definer Creme

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by 1017

I swear I am not giving this the low rating to be a jerk. But this just did NOTHING for my hair. I honestly can't say what is wrong for sure. I wonder if it is just too heavy for my fine waves (though the product did not feel heavy). It weighed my hair down. As I was applying the product to my hair, my hair was drying so fast, I almost didn't have time to get to the diffuser before it was too dry. This is never a good sign with a product for my hair. As I was blow drying, it just got worse. If you air dry or have a different hair type, maybe this would work. But it just felt wrong, bad, off from the very beginning. No matter how I tweaked things...it never got better. Plus, and I think I may have been over charged, but who knows, this small tube costs $22!

As my problem with many products I use, my hair feels great, but looks like crap (stringy, flat, curl pulled out).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by becky_stokke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Fabulous product. I have fine curly hair, and this gave it excellent definition without weighing it down. It doesn't make your hair crunchy-just distribute it well-which I see as a wonderful bonus. A little goes a long way. It is so much better than the KMS curl definer that I used to use. I highly recommend this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

I bought this at a half price the regular cost for $9.99 from Winners. This gave me the chance to try out this higher end product without being at too much of a loss. After a shower, I applied this to my towel dried, still damp, 3a hair. I used about 3 quarter size amounts all over, scrunching it through. The formula has a pleasant smell that goes away after applying and is not at all sticky. I let my hair air dry for a bit then diffused it for more volume. I loved the results. voluminous, natural looking curls. It didn't look like I had any sort of product in my hair at all! My hair maintained it's volume throughout the day and didn't become frizzy and my hands didn't feel sticky if I touched it. It literally feels like nothing is in my hair! I will definitely repurchase (at the discounted price) and continue to use this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by artemis513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Info from Joico:
* This cream gel provides a soft, flexible hold that maintains curl definition.
* Resins resist humidity, while kukui nut and avocado oils add condition and shine.
* Achieve defined curls that are pliable, lustrous and manageable without leaving hair crunchy.

Ingredients: Water, polyquaternium-37, hydrolyzed keratin, cocomidoium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed keratin, aleurites moluccana seed oil, persea gratissima (avocado) seed oil, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polymide-1, sorbitol, propylene glycol, PPG-1 trideceth-6, VP/DMAPA acrylates copolymer iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, diazolidinyl urea, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methypropional, citronellol, limonene, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, fragrance/parfum

My Review:
I love this creme-gel! I have been using it for about 2 weeks and it gives just enough definition for my 3c/4a hair (fine/medium texture) with no crunch, curls are so soft and hydrated. I apply this to soaking wet hair and let air dry and then go over it with a blowdryer and concentrator nozzle to stretch curls and fluff for volume. Final result is awesome.