October 31, 2014 | 1023 users online

Styling Products - Kenra - Platinum Finishing Hairspray 26

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not going to give this a "5" because it doesn't really hold all that well. I am going to just make a guess here and say it probably used to be great before all the hair sprays were reformulated? I have very fine/silky feeling hair like baby hair I guess you'd say and since the HS reformulation, I have been seeking a new HS without much success. I do LIKE this HS but it isn't very firm but it keeps my hair looking nice even though it pretty much goes away as the day wears on. Maybe I'm old school thinking here but I like to feel that a hairspray is still there. I think that not all states have the same laws for the voc content in HS but OH is on 55% so this pretty much messes up HS!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by pinkboa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried many many hairsprays and this is by far my favorite. This holds my hair so much better than the one I thought was the best. I don't feel any buildup with this one at all and my hair is shiny after spraying. I barely have to style my hair because I can spray it and move it where I want it. This has cut my styling time down by alot. Love the smell but it doesn't stay with you and that is a good thing. It is a light spray and not a heavy sticky spray, but holds all day. Wonderful stuff! Love it so much I am on my second can.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I love this so much more than the Kenra 25. For starters, it smells way better. Second, it is firm hold, but not that horrid glue feeling...if you spray prematurely you can still fix it and not have a hot mess. This is the spray I use for where my bangs would be if I had them, but to keep my hair from falling in my face on my side part. I also used this to spruce up for a night out after my hair been done 8 hours earlier. It popped up my curls, held them strong all night long (they always droop and didn't this night). And here is the best part. I go to bed, get up...my hair still looked so good I didn't have to wash it to redo it!!! This never, ever happens to me. I put on a shower cap, cleaned up and shook out perfect hair. I am 38 and I have never had this happen before. That is when I knew as soon as I got back from traveling, I was going to Ulta to get a big can of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by lilylou40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Great hairspray. I use the working spray from Kenra as my everyday spray but when I need extra control and hold I use this one. It smells nice and works the best at taming and holding the style of my hair of any hairspray that I have ever used, and I think I've tried just about everything. As I said, I use this only when I really need extra hold, on windy and rainy days and on special occassions. This one does make the hair a little scrunchy but, in my opinion, it's worth it because it really holds and lasts. I love the Kenra line!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 6:08:00 AM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried this a few times.

I will not try it again that is how bad it was.

It claims it provides maximum control with longlasting lift and style support

and finishes with high shine

it works no better than any other hairspray.

did not hold down the damaged hair,

would make my hair very frizzy.

And it cost $21.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Without a doubt, hands-down, this is thee best, superb, fantastic finishing spray on the market! Never knew Kenra's capabilities until my Stylist began to introduce me to just a light spraying of this beauty!

Pros:
~~Can be utilized as a working spray, by grabbing a piece of hair and targeting it to the roots for some uplifting (rather, awesome uplifting!) This pumps that volume into your hair big-time!

~~Not ticky tacky, but control the spray to the minimum because that's all you really need!

~~Superior lasting power, even in Michigan's humidity from the Great Lakes! I mean superior...

~~With-stands telephone use and doesn't smash down your tresses.

~~You can even brush your hair and it still contains volume and never flattens down.

Cons: Extra shampooing may be necessary but I don't mind; I just shampoo twice when I overdo the spraying!

I will definitely explore other Kenra products. If they're anything like this product, they really are the BEST!