October 30, 2014 | 1769 users online

Moisturizers - Peter Thomas Roth - Illuminating High Definition Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This was an impulse purchase. When I'm using powder mineral foundation, I need a decent silicone primer and thought this would be lovely with the added glow it gives. It does help serve as a good "glowy" primer underneath MMU. (I personally don't use any silicone primers under liquid foundation with my oily skin so I can't comment on it's perfomance on priming liquid foundation.) On it's own when your skin is *really* behaving, it will give you a very natural, "angelic" look. My complaint is the packaging/brush. Wish it was just a squeeze bottle. I prefer applying it with my fingertips vs the brush as you can end up putting on too much product with the brush application.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It reminds me of the MAC product I was using. I don't like the brush design, but, here's how I handle it:

I turn it to the "on" position quickly, and squeeze out very little, then quickly turn it to the "off" position. That way I don't waste any of this precious lotion. The lotion runs easily, very easily.

PTR Illuminating is like a sheer glow just a mist of glow that I love so much. I use MAC Glowing Finishing Powder,and this totally compliments it. Atleast it's better packaging than the hard plastic pump that's on the PTR oil free. It feels like velvet on my face. It is so soft, and I really like it. I'm so glad I found it at Sephora's, and I'll buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by jbela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was recommended this product at Sephora as a primer, and I love it! I love it so much that I find myself saving it to use on special occasions only. I find it gives my skin a glow and radiance that lasts - and it makes my face beautiful on pictures as well. I agree the packaging could be better because the brush comes off sometimes when I don't want it to, but I honestly work around it and it's not a big deal. I have it on today and love how "flawless" it makes my skin look, so I have decided I'll stop saving it for later, and I'll definitely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Peter Thomas Roth has to be probably my favorite skincare line as of yet. This illuminating High Def Moisturizer reminds me of MAC Strobe cream, except not as thick and obviously pearly. It is not thin either, just right. It sinks in beautifully. It does give my skin an almost flawless super-healthy glow, and evens skin tone. I wear it alone without makeup and my skin looks great. Very natural, but evened and glow-y. It has a nice "paint brush" on the end of the squeeze tube which can be clicked to on/off. It is Oil-free, fragrance-free. I have extremely dry skin, however this definitely gives me enough moisture for the day. I use PTR Cellular anti-aging creme at night and Un-Wrinkle eye cream... The sticker on the tube says it can only be found at Sephora which is where I got it, FYI, however, I do recall seeing it being sold on PTR's website as well. *UPDATE* I am SO impressed with the way this stuff makes my skin look! I was in a hurry today and wore no makeup except this, and my face looked simply RADIANT- if I do say so myself ;) Anyways, yeah- even under harsh, fluorescent lighting, I was glancing in my mirror at my desk at work in disbelief at how great my skin looked!!! It really does even out skin tone, and any ruddiness I have was, for the most part, gone*

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was beyond excited to try this product. I had tried it on my hand and literally took away all the redness. I was so impressed and bought it on the spot. I do not like the applicator that much. I usually squeeze out a little onto my fingers and apply that way. This does take away the redness, but it goes on rather sticky. If I use it, I have to give a little extra time for it to soak in. When I talked to a girl at Sephora about it she said this does not make the very best moisturizer, instead it is more of a primer. I go back and forth if this makes a difference in how I look. I plan on taking a picture when I have used it and when I have not and see what looks better. I do have to say that I hate the price. It is very expensive so I only use it when I am having date night with my husband or a special occasion.
UPDATE: I ended up returning this to Sephora. I was really disappointed in this. I ended up not being able to wear it. It kept making my skin extremely sensitive. It was not really a tingly feeling, but more of an itchy feeling. I was not impressed that this did not sink into my skin - I could feel it on my skin like a thick layer of cheap makeup. Not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this. It gives a very subtle sheen effect, similar to Fresh twilight freshface glow but less oily and obvious. This product is branded as a moisturizer, but I don't think it's moisturizing enough to use on its own (it's oil-free,) so I layer it over my Neutrogena oil free moisturizer for sensitive skin. I've had a lot of compliments about my "glowing" skin since I started using this. A little goes a long way. I love the packaging, & although I can see why others would find it unsanitary, I only ever put this on clean skin so I don't care too much. It's in a tube with a foundation-type brush at the end. The flow of product can be turned on & off by clicking the base of the brush around. I squeeze out a little dab of product onto my cheeks, forehead and chin, then I click it to the "off" position and use the brush to blend it all over my face. I actually appreciate not having to use my fingers to blend it since it is a bit shimmery. The color looks like a pearly pinky white, but I think this could be used on a wide range of complexions. The package promises a "red carpet glow" & I think it delivers! Very expensive at $42, but I love it and will absolutely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Aye yi yi, Peter Thomas Roth, what have you done. OK, this is one of my favorite skincare brands ever, and I had high hopes for this product, but it breaks me out in *cystic* acne. I'm sure it's this product - the timing is too coincidental. I currently have a volcano on my cheek that's so large it will no doubt leave a pit after it finishes hanging around for weeks or months. This product comes in a strange brush dispenser, as if it's really sanitary to brush on your lotion. I usually apply it to a clean finger then rub it in. It's also a wee bit gritty, which I can't figure out. I'd only give this a try if you have can live with the brush dispenser and are not remotely acne-prone.