November 26, 2014 | 1591 users online

Eye Shadow - Avon - True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Blushing Raisins

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not happy with this eyeshadow quad. The colors don't show up at all. I am not looking for a bold statement but some color would be nice. After applying 5 coats and seeing no color at all on my lids I gave up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the consistency of this eyeshadow; it's smooth and "creamy" to apply, lasts a long time, and removes easily. It also doesn't irritate my eyes (I wear contacts). The colors appear gorgeous in the pan.
However, the pigmentation is very poor. I applied it today, and built it up three times, and it still looked like I had very little (if any) eyeshadow on. I used the three darkest colors. I've had this same problem with my other Avon quads; I tried the mauve and smoky eyes ones. It's too bad because I loved the good qualities of these shadows.
Edit: BUT I've discovered that I really like the lightest color for an undereye concealer!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by RetroPanda

I guess i liked this product but it doesnt do much. When you use all of the colors in the correct places, you can't tell your wearing makeup. I'm not exactly sure if that is the point, but i thought the colors would have been more pigmented than they are.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by seajay23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

No. Better than the earth quad, but still took me 20mins to get any color to show up at all, and so dry looking. gross.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

Absolutely. Stunning. I love, love, love this quad. All the colors are beautiful and blend super well. And DO NOT CREASE. Whatsoever. With or without primer. It's insane how good the formula is. Very pigmented and with subtle, beautiful shimmer. If you wanna do a smokey eye that is subtle, yet smokey and day appropriate, this is the quad for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by kharlah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These colors REALLY make the green in your eyes pop. I have hazel eyes that have both green and brown in them and I have been using the L'oreal For Hazel Eyes Eye Shadow which never really did a thing to accentuate the color of my eyes, even though it is supposed to be designed to do just that. Instead, I was looking through a recent Avon book, saw this color quad, and decided to give it a try. I've been using it for a little more than a week now and have had one person ask me what color my eyes were, and another tell me that my eyes sparkle. So if you have green or hazel eyes and would like to accentuate their color, definitely try this eyeshadow quad!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by darcynana7

I really like this quad and the other color quads for what they are. If you are expecting these quads to be comparable to a MAC quad or anything else, I assure you that it will NOT meet your standards. BUT, I REALLY love these quads for work purposes or for days you feel like wearing color in a natural way. These are perfect! Also, they are buildable so if you want more depth and intensity, just build on the colors. So, to reiterate. These quads are great for what they are! They are smooth and nice. If you want high pigmentation, I suggest another product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by LeanneMM

I bought this when Avon was doing their 3/$9.99 promotion, and I really like it on my green eyes and fair skin! Yes, the colors are not quite as vibrant in the pan as they seem in the Avon brochure, but these quads are really buildable, and you can make them darker very easily by going back over the colors and adding more.

What I also like about this raisins quad is that the colors are subtle enough to wear to work, but you can make them darker to wear out at night. The box also includes a diagram for how to apply them, which is a nice perk for a makeup newbie like me.

They don't last as long as Avon claims on their own, but I use my Too Faced primer underneath, and that makes them last about twelve hours!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by cabl85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this quad! It is true that the colors in the magazines seem to be brighter, but I still love the way the colors turned out with my skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

These e/s looked GORGEOUS in the Avon catalogue--they seemed to be rich, pigmented, slightly shimmery e/s. In real life, they were nothing like the pictures or what they look like in the pans! The colors it comes w/are a matte creamy vanilla, a matte lilac, a shimmery mauve/taupe, and a shimmery plum.

PROS: Decent price. Decent lasting power. Decent texture.
CONS: Not as pigmented as I had hoped. Two of the e/s are way too glittery (rather than shimmery). The compact is difficult to open, and too large for the product (which I wouldn't mind if I loved the product!)

Overall, not something I would purchase again. :(