Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Sunset Glow

4.4

on 1/17/2015 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best blush i have used so far. The shade is magnificent and you can wear it both in winter and summer. The powder texture is marvelous and long lasting too. I would definitely recommend it. If you buy it on sales the price is great too.

Somebody below described this shade well.........coral/russet. It is neither too far on the side of a cool berry-red nor too far on the other side of just plain brown. I actually don't see too much shimmer, even though there apparently is a hint of shimmer in Clinique's blushing blush versus Clinique's soft-pressed blushes, which are supposed to have none at all. I'm enjoying this blush.

on 3/14/2014 10:59:00 PM

I got a sample size and so far it is impressive. It is long lasting and flattering, but sheer.

on 1/29/2014 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this blush for about five years or so. It was a favorite of mine for quite some time and just find there is too much makeup to try in such little time! At the moment, I have about 6 different blushes going, but will possibly return to this gem at some point in time. I have NW120-130 skin depending on how tan I am. (Red hair, green eyes, freckles, but with some sort of tan going usually.) I mention this because of the comments on how this is not flattering on pale skin. I suppose it depends on how fair you are, but I definitely find this flattering on me when used in small amounts. I have a heavy hand with mostly everything except for blush, which I have learned not to be as someone with fair skin, especially with coral shades such as this one.
There is a sheen/shimmer to this, but it is not glitter. I know people who are sensitive to shimmer often dislike anything not matte, but I enjoy a nice glow and therefore like this look. The product itself is about $21, and there is a large amount of product which lasts a long, long time. The packaging is a bit bulky, with a decent quality brush inside that I would use while travelling and a good sized mirror (also good for travelling). I think Clinique in general is a great quality brand, especially if you're a sensitive skin type. If this shade is too dark for you, definitely look into other shades Clinique has to offer! You can't go wrong with these blushes.

On me it's a coral/russet colour. I did say 'on me' - I'm mixed heritage and I was probably NC30/35 when I last wore it, so it stands to reason if you're paler or have different undertones it'll look a little different. It's not too shimmery and looks natural but polished. I've got it as a GWP as well as in a limited edition Clinique pallette so I'm rating it on the full price version. This shade doesn't seem as complex as some other Clinique blushes and I wouldn't purchase in the larger size as I am awash with slightly similar (again, on me!) variations on peachy/coral/russet, but I would recommend for other light olive/yellow-toned

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product does not work for my pale skin at all! There is next to no colour payoff, but tons of shimmer. Not pleased with this product and will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This blush is unflattering on pale skin, and it is too shimmery for my taste. The texture is nice and soft, but I find when you blend it all you're left with is shimmer rather than blush. That being said, I prefer matte blushes, but still would not recommend this to anyone who has pale skin like me.

on 11/12/2012 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is reminiscent of the old "rhubarb" color in the soft-pressed blush line. For those of you that miss that color - it is sort of reddish-pinkish-corallish - you know the color. I don't find this to be obnoxious in the shimmer department - just a hint. The texture is nice, wears well, and in a pinch the brush is ok.

on 8/22/2012 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Guess it depends on what you expect. I was expecting a sort of natural, maybe a bit bronzy blush that I could use to sculpt my cheekbones and provide a healthy, flushed glow at the same time, but this is more of a berry colour that does not work well for that purpose.

It is quite a matte blush, no sheen or shimmer from it. I am an NC25/30 and this colour really doesn't suit me. I can see how it would look nice on other skintypes, but the cool, almost purplish tone of it and the matteness make me look old and unhealthy.

I was actually looking for a compact version of MAC's Warm Soul (not gonna carry a whole brush and pan around with me) but compared to that this was a real disappointment. It was kind of like biting into a pastry expecting it to be filled with apple only to find it's a savoury one filled with ham and cheese... My own fault for not trying it on before buying.

This is absolutely my HG blush. I have tried numerous others but none come close this one. I originally got a sample size of this years ago as a GWP and of course as soon as I ran out I had to go get some more which has lasted me for forever (although I have hit pan and I'm already anxious that they will discontinue it!) As a makeup artist, this color is almost universally flattering on everyone although for darker skintones it won't show up as well as a brighter color would. I can go on and on about it but it really speaks for itself! ps. don't use the brush it comes with! duh!

Popular Blush Products