Korres Lip Butter - Guava

3.8

on 1/19/2015 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My Sephora only carries three of these lip butters - guava, jasmine, and the rose one. I didn't like the scents of the other two, so I got the guava scent. I know other reviewers mention a white cast on their lips, but I don't really see that when I put it on. Even so, I purchased this lip butter to use at night, and not as something to wear alone during the day. I've been using the Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm as my night product for some time now, and I felt like that just sat on my lips and acted more like a gloss than a balm. The Korres Lip Butter actually sinks into my lips and makes them feel really hydrated in the morning. It also smells wonderful to me, so I definitely love this stuff.

The only real complaint I have is something others have noticed as well; the jar is quite deep, so it would be hard to get the product out with long nails.

on 11/23/2014 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is exactly what quality lip balm should be like. It has a slick, silky, smooth texture, stays on for a long time and smells amazing (not synthetic smelling). I put this on every night before bed and wake up to silky lips. It's definitely worth the price.

on 7/11/2014 12:04:00 AM

I liked the texture of the lip butter, but upon further investigation, I have come to a decision that I will not be repurchasing this product. This "natural" product has a host of unrecognizable ingredients which I have included below. Since the first eight ingredients are virtually illegible and I cannot find a simpleton explanation of what the heck they are, I am not interested in repurchasing.

Ingredients: Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polyethylene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Flavor (Aroma), Tocopherol, Dicalcium Phosphate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide .

on 4/19/2014 7:45:00 PM

I had initially wanted to just buy wild rose and grabbed guava on a whim. I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed when I looked in the pot and saw that it was a pale, pale, white yellow color - "what and how am I gonna use this?" It looks pretty disappointing in the pot but once applied it definitely livens up your look!

I mainly use guava to moisturize my lips once the current lippie that I'm wearing dries out which is perfect since it doesn't alter the color too much (just lightens it a bit and leaves a semi glossy finish ) . The lip butter does have a white cast to it but it also depends on the amount you apply. I would suggest lightly dipping your finger or lip brush into the pot and pat across the lips.

Would definitely repurchase!

on 4/19/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ι LOVE this product! I have really dry lips but this really works for me -it makes my lips soft and shiny- and it smells amazing. The only thing is that it is white so if you apply too much it makes your lips look too pale but after a few minutes it is absorbed really well and you can just see the shine. I have tons of lip balms and lip butter but this one is number one for me! I have also tried the pink one (pommegranade) and I love it too but guava is even richer so I prefer it for home (and have the colored version for when I am out)

on 3/29/2014 7:08:00 PM

It's alright.
It has to be blended in well.

It doesn't have SPF so I use it at night.
It doesn't really nourish my lips long term wise, it's more like a temporary fix.
It's not really any better than drugstore lip balms. Maybe the ingredients are better but the results are similar.

on 3/6/2014 9:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is nice and moisturising. At first I didn't love the smell but grew to like it. The one thing I don't like about this is the fact that it is white in colour and leaves your lips looking so pale that you look very I'll

I just finished my tub of this lip butter and although I did enjoy how moisturizing it was, I would not repurchase because it tends to put a white cast on your lips. My lips are already really pale so when I use this lip butter, I look a bit ghastly lol. What does work is if you put on a too pigmented lipstick and you want to tone down the colour a bit, this lip butter does do wonders and adds moisturization as well. Love the formula but really dislike the white cast. I have the jasmine and wild rose ones that I like better and I can't wait to try quince. Sorry guava!

on 7/21/2013 8:22:00 AM

I like the consistency of Korres lip butters and this is not an exeption. I own also a jasmine lip butter and i simply adore it. This i don't like so much. It makes my lips look weird, a bit white or light yellow -ish. It works well under a lipstick and i've tried to use it like that. Not going to buy a second one. I'd like to try out those others however.

on 4/17/2013 8:07:00 PM

I have 4 different korres lip butters and this is my least favorite...I hate how it makes my lips white! I've even tried to put my rosebud under it and it still looks horrible (and defeats the purpose) I think that Korres definitely has some better colors out there (Jasmine, Quince, Pomegranate) I also wish they didn't make the packaging so round and deep...I had to use a lipstick brush when I had gel nails (they were a bit longer than usual) and getting the product out was a pain in the butt! I'm not a fan of this color....I wish it were more sheer.

Popular Lip Treatments