April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Shampoo - Yes To Carrots - Pampering Carrot Juice Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by courtneylaurenn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well first off, I honestly think this product has made my hair healthier. It's kind of weird at first, if you're not used to "organic" shampoo. It's not fully organic, but it claims to be missing a lot of the normal things that damage your hair. I'm not sure if it helped with my length, but I feel like it's helped revamp my waves. The shampoo is really runny compared to other shampoos I've used in the past. The smell, however, is not my favorite. It's not really strong or anything, it's just not something I really enjoy, like I've had with other shampoos. I don't think the conditioner detangles as well as normal conditioner, either. Overall, I would say this shampoo/conditioner is pretty good. It's a little expensive though, about $10 for the shampoo and $10 for the conditioner. I might buy this again, but I think I'll explore other options.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i am very positive about this shampoo. i used the one from cucumber line too. this one smells amazing, irritates my very sensitive scalp less, and makes my hair smooth and shiny. i love it much better than yes to cucumber shampoo. Though, it burns ur eyes just like that one! so caution there, not for children.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by pinkie1205

This is my go to HG shampoo. I have very fine/thin hair. When I use any other shampoo it weighs my hair down. When I use Y2C, my hair looks amazing and it gets curly. It is so light and I just love how it makes my hair feel.

I think the price is reasonable. I just picked up a bottle at Target for $9. For the size and the amount of time it lasts, it's about the same price as cheaper shampoos. You really don't need a lot.

This shampoo doesn't lather like regular shampoos and that's because it doesn't have the sulfates. Sulfates are what make shampoo lather.

I really love this stuff and now that I have a new bottle, I can't wait to use it tomorrow!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Mufiend

My scalp has been itching like crazy with this shampoo. It also leaves bits of residue in my hair, making it look like I didn't rinse it out well, so I spent an extra long time rinsing today and it's just as bad. I'm moving on to try to find another paraben free shampoo. Just unfortunate that I have so much of it left as it's a large bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by HeatWaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product says it is sls free. Unfortunatly Sodium Coco Sulfate is THE EXACT SAME ingredient as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. I feel ripped off because I bought this product because it was SLS free. On the other side of things, this duo butchered my waves.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by lollipop8520

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I suffer from seborrheic dermatitis and this shampoo didn't my scalp itchy, in fact, it made it less itchy. You dont need a lot of it because the consistecy is in between thin and think. I think the bottle should last for a couple of months, which is great! Also, because it is sulfate free, I tend to use a clarifying shampoo every couple of days to avoid buildup, but that differs from person to person.

Overall, I'm really glad I found this shampoo. The smell is nice and pleasant, but does not linger. Paired with the conditioner, it makes my hair really soft =D
I would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by redrave1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product worked great for my fine textured, medium hair. Didn't leave behind any noticeable residue or strip my hair and make it stringy. Fragrance wasn't any more overpowering than a lot of other brands, but it's definitely there. Not 100% natural/organic (and doesn't claim to be), so if this is the number one issue for you when buying a product or if you are sensitive to chemicals, check the ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not organic but it doesn't contain any of the 'baddies' that strip away the natural oils in your hair. It got rid of the dust and my dandruff that piled up on my hairline. I love the smell and the way it feels when I'm washing my hair and it feels sooo clean when I come out of the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

This shampoo is one of the few that has accomplished the feat of cleaning my impossibly oily hair thoroughly, while also moisturizing my hair without weighing it down. My hair feels fluffy and light for more than a day (I wash every second day) after washing. Other shampoos I've used in the past have left my ends dry and flyaway, but with Yes to Carrots, they feel smooth.
I don't particularly love the powdery-sweet scent, but I can deal with it. I've only used it for about a month, but the results have been really good, and I hope it does not change for the worse. My hair actually feels balanced for a change.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Starina27

I love the smell, but it didn't clean my hair very well. I have oily hair and would sometimes have to wash it twice just to get it clean.

I also think it was causing my hair to fall out. I thought it may have just been a reaction to the carrots, so I tried the tomato shampoo/conditioner as well and the same thing happened (I'd find huge amounts of hair in my drain!!!). Again, loved the smell of the tomato one as well, but the performance was not up to par.

Even my hair stylist noticed a change (for the worse) in my hair texture and my hair wasn't holding curl as well while I was using it.