April 17, 2014 | 1896 users online

Polishes - OPI - Nail Enamel - Malaysian Mist

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I adore bright nail polishes, but sometimes it's just nice to wear something more subdued. I love Malaysian Mist for a no-fuss, clean look. It's a peachy nude, very inoffensive and incredibly appropriate for work, funerals etc. Very sheer however, you need about 3-4 coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by itschloe020

I love this color! I'm a huge fan of peachy/orange nail polishes, so I thought I'd give Malaysian Mist a try. I now have a friend who wants this color too!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by morninglorya

Love OPI, unlike other reviewers, I found the application quite smooth. Like many OPI polishes, it goes on streaky but dries evenly.

The color, unfortunately, is not my favorite. It's a bit too orange/peachy for my taste. However, I don't regret buying it since it's a good color for work if you want a bit more impact than the myriad light pinks available.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by hairsprayfusion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For me, this is the perfect shade if you're looking for a nude. It's not too pink and not too white like some nude shades. It is however a little streaky, so you need at least 2 coats. This works for me because I put on 2 coats to build up the colour anyway, but if you're looking for something really sheer and only want to do a single coat then this probably isn't the one for you. I think this shade will work with most skin tones, I'm pale and it doesn't make me appear ghostly white like some nude shades do, and I think it will work well with warmer tones too. If you have very dark skin I'd avoid layering it up too much though or it will make your nail colour look unnatural.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a very pink nude. Not sheer enough for a frenchie but great with only 1 coat. It's a very petite and girly colour and would great on ALL skin tones. It isn't streaky like most sheer pink polishes so it's great with the one coat.

The drying time is a little pathetic, dries slower than usual.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by rocknrepublic

I got my nails done at that salon and chose this color because I wanted a pale/nude shade. The color is perfect but the quality of this polish sucks! It was streaking from the first application. The manicurist did a base coat, 2 layers of this, and then a top coat. Nevertheless, It doesn't last! As soon as I got out the salon after letting it dry for so long it still chipped! I was so disappointed. I just paid for my manicure and within the hour even though I was extra careful, the polish chipped :( I love the color but there are many pale/nude shades that are better and long-lasting. I hear Essie's "Jazz" is a great polish, I may try that in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by ichig021

I bought OPI's Malaysian Mist completely on a whim today. I'm so glad I did! Like everyone else here has said, it's your nails but better!! It is a sheer peachy nude that's absolutely perfect for just about any occasion. A lot of people here have mentioned that it goes on streaky and that it's thick and goopy. Personally, my bottle has been applying just fine. No streaks and not at all thick! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first OPI nail polish and one of my absolute favorites. I've been searching for a milky peach nude and this is it. Most others that I've tried have dried too pinky or orangey but this is perfect! It takes 4-5 coats to achieve complete opacity. One coat dries to a perfect sheer lazy french manicure. What I've found with this is that you must get alot of polish on the brush in order to avoid streaking. I don't sweep one side of the brush on the top with this one, I dip it in a just shake off the excess. Gorgeous polish - I wear this on both fingers and toes if I feel like wearing a super pretty color that won't clash with any outfit I wear. Very office appropriate - I'll repurchase for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Drita12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color looks great in the bottle and on me... nice peach/pink/nude but, goes on very streaky. I would not buy this product again due to the difficult application and streaks, it is such ashame because the color is so pretty. Even if I have it applied at a salon it looks a little better but, still doesn't have a nice consistent and smooth finish like other Opi nudes I have tried. No streaking problem with another nude color called Samoan Sand. Note: If they changed the formula so that it did not go on so streaky, I would buy it again and give it a much better rating.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by purplkaret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is very pretty: a peachy nude color and great against my tan skin. However, the formula is not like most OPI nail polishes. It's super streaky, and even after 3 coats it is not opaque. Pretty frustrating because the color is quite nice. Because of the streakiness I can't really keep it translucent. Very difficult polish to wear. I'll just top it with Seche Vite and it kind of helps the streakiness.