July 28, 2014 | 1787 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Cover Girl - CLEAN - Make-up Remover For Eyes & Lips

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by smira

I don't get all the negative reviews, this is the most efficient makeup remover I have ever used

I wet my face, wet my eyes and start breaking down the makeup, swipe this stuff across my eyes sometimes once, never more than 2x and all of my eye makeup is gone!! I dont have to rub or anything. Mascara, eyeshadow, and gel liner all off in 1-2 swipes. HIGHLY EFFICIENT

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by erinbearen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Like many people I am surprised by the bad reviews. This is the one drugstore product I kept using after I moved on to MAC and other higher end lines. Seriously I have used it for 15 years! It's packaging is horrible though. I NEVER take the lid all the way off. I just unscrew it a little bit and use my finger or a cotton ball to get what has dribbled on to the ridges. It takes my makeup off so easily! This comes on every overnight trip with me. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by breeze1234

I've been using this for years and was surprised by the bad reviews. I ONLY wear WP mascara and this takes it all off. Doesn't burn my eyes, but I'm smart enough to keep them closed. :-) I've tried other removers, but they all lie and SAY they take off WP mascara but don't. I keep coming back to this. I don't find the smell strong or offensive. I don't wear lip stains so I can't speak to how well this works on anything except mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will not repurchase. There are a few reasons for this. This product usually retails for $11 in Australia, but because there was a $3 off all CG products sale, I got it for $8. This made it slightly cheaper than the Maybelline eye/lip makeup remover which I usually buy at $8.99. Anyway on to the review, This removed my colourfast lipstick with one swipe and I was highly impressed. I really wasn't going to use it on my eyes, but I was pretty impressed with the effectiveness on my lipstick, so I thought I would give it a go. That is where this product falls down! It definitely removes eye makeup quickly and effectively, but it leaves a film (smear) in your eyes and that is despite the fact that I rinsed very thoroughly because I was also rinsing off my foaming facial makeup remover. I also had my eyes closed when I applied it, so it had nothing to do with the application method. It was so bad, that I went to bed with a gritty sensation in my eyes that I have never experienced with any other eye makeup remover. When I woke up this morning, my eyes felt sore and irritated. I could not have rinsed this product more thoroughly, so I have to assume that it is just not a great product to be putting near your eyes. I will finish the bottle by using it for my lipstick only, but I have certainly learnt my lesson to not put it anywhere near my eyes!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Directioner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: removes makeup quickly :)
CONS: smells bad, gets all over bottle, gets in my eyes no matter what :(
COMMENTS: It removes makeup easily if you shake it, but I always forget to shake it even though you have to shake all makeup removers. It smells horrible, I don't like the smell and when you open it it drips from the lid and gets ALL OVER the bottle too. I don't open my eyes when I remove it but somehow it gets in my eyes anyway and makes my vision blurry and even though my eyes are really sensitive it doesn't sting or burn at all, so that's good I guess. But I honestly HATE this makeup remover!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Directioner1O1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product isn't as bad as everyone says, it has it's pros and cons though:
Pros; It's good if you don't wear a lot of makeup because it's best for removing mascara. If you shake it, then put it on a cotton ball, wait a few seconds and then use it, it works better. :)
Cons; It gets all over the bottle and cap when you open it (terrible packaging), so you can't keep it in your purse, and you have to use a little more than most makeup removers because it doesn't work THAT well, but overall it's an okay makeup remover!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by prettygirl22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just tried this product for the first time tonight and my eyes are BURNING. I have red blotches all around my eyes and it looks like I had an allergic reaction to it. I only bought it because it was like $5.... I've learned a lesson.. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

I hope this redness is not there tm! I am bringing it back asap! it BURNS! (it also has a pungant chemical smell! the only thing its cleaning is my eyeballs! )

PS in the garbage with you!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by MrsCB86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really surprised about all the bad reviews. I've used this make up remover for YEARS. When the stores I would buy it at ran out, it was horrible trying to find another eye make up remover. I have very sensitive eyes I guess. Everything burned and still didn't remove my eye make up that well. Plus I hate the oily removers which are most of whats out there. This is creamy and really does remove my eye liner and even water proof mascara. All I do is put it on a cotton ball and rub it over my eyes. This is the only make up remover I'll use for my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

This didn't even remove the heavy stain left on my lips from their lip perfection lipstick line. The bottle clearly states "makeup remover for eyes and LIPS". Total fail. I am returning this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by KrystalEmmaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow, it's suprising how many people do not like this product at all. Most likely 95% of these people are either dipping their dry Q tips into it OR pouring it on the cotton ball. Which you shouldn't. I put the Q tip under the sink, slightly sqeeze out some of the water from it and dip a pea size amount into the product, very lightly rub the Q tip and let it absorb all of the product, wipe off all liner/eyeshadow, gently wipe all around the eye with a wet handtowel, and just wash off the mascara with warm water and soap. Or in a case of waterproof mascara I just use a cotton ball and repeat the steps of the Q tip :D This product doesn't hurt my eyes and it cleans off make up with ease, but the packaging is the only thing that bugs me because it sometimes gets all over the cap when you open it.