November 24, 2014 | 1984 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Lips Lip Gloss in Krystal

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Makeupfreakes

It's a lovely lipgloss very shiny ! It's very sticky though so BEWARE of the wind ! As a plumper it does an okay job not too much difference wich is unexpected for the price you have to pay I amnt sure if I would buy it again as I've only recently purchased its so I guess I'll give it more of a test run ! it's okay but I'm sure there's cheaper alternatives x

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by lmr007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My special occasion gloss or when I want a quick "pick me up" to plump up my lips with a fabulous lip color on a dreary day. Pricey, I know. I do feel like it provides good plumping action, in fact, better than some others I've used.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by SeptemberxChild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like a lot of the other reviewers, I'm not a BE fan. I find most of their products to be messy and overpriced. However, I LOVE this lip gloss. I've been on the hunt for the perfect clear and this one is it. Unlike Nars, it's not sticky but the staying power is decent and it provides nice, smooth coverage. It also boosts my natural lip color a hair, which makes it easy to wear with minimal makeup. You also get quite a bit for the price and I like the applicator. The brush is much more convenient.

UPDATE:

This stuff leaks like crazy and it's impossible to get off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

As a lip gloss fanatic, I can proudly say that I LOVE this product! I might like it even better than the MAC clear lipglass, and it could possibly be my HG of lip glosses. It's long-lasting, smells great, gives beautiful shine, and leaves your lips all tingly and looking super sexy. It feels minty without actually smelling like it (I like mint, but am kind of sick of it due to all of the Burt's Bees lip balm I've been using recently). And of course, it comes in a large variety of beautiful colors, but clear is my go-to. I also like the brush applicator instead of a sponge-tip - I find application to be more pleasant and precise that way. I wouldn't call the formula "non-sticky", but I personally like that. I prefer sticky glosses partially because they provide better staying power, but I realize that they're not going to be for everyone. While my lips do look a bit plumper while wearing this gloss (mainly because it reflects light), I didn't buy it for its lip plumping properties and wouldn't suggest relying on it for that purpose. It's not going to give you a new set of lips, but will help make the lips you have look and feel as sexy as possible!

However, this product does have its drawbacks. I really resent the price and the deceptive packaging. The layers of plastic around the tube create an optical illusion which makes it appear as though the tube contains more product than it actually does, which is sneaky, and means I go through this really quickly. The price tag is extremely hefty for a mere 0.15 oz of lip gloss, and the fact the it comes in a hard, plastic tube makes it more difficult to get out all of that measly 0.15 oz. I still LOVE this product, but save it for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

These like take forever to finish. They are large. They are temporarily plumping. I love the flavor and crystal taste. This is my favorite lip gloss i've ever tired in this world and universe. It is long lasting, and I love the tingling and moisturizing feeling. Bare escentuals makes the best stuff. The brush applicator is awesome. I love thick lipglosses like these, because they are long lasting............. I would reccommend this to every woman, but ladies, this gloss is pricey compared to the 15 dollars ones I buy in my local Macy's and Sephora.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very sticky, viscous gloss. I tend to prefer the more watery kind, although I do think the formula gives it better staying power. I find that the thickness of the formula takes some lipsticks off, though, which is frustrating if you're trying to layer them.

There is a minty, tingly sensation with this on your lips, but I haven't noticed any real plumping action. I've tried a few plumpers, and while this is the easiest on the lips (some of them sting pretty badly) I think I agree with the lady below me who says plumping can really only be achieved with cosmetic work.

All in all it's a fair gloss. Just don't buy into the plumping hype.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by strokegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a BE girl through and through, and yes, I agree the Buxom colors are great, BUT in no way does this lip gloss actually plump your lips. The "tingling" sensation fools people in to believing that their lips are "plumping"...they are not. The only way you can truly achieve that
'pouty" look, is to have cosmetic work done. I'm fed up with cosmetic companies promising things that they know blatently are lies. So ladies buy this product for it's great colors, great ingredients and wearability, BUT don't buy this thinking your lip are going to give you that plump, pouty look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Astera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The BEST lip gloss in the world. Ever. Most plumping lip glosses sting my lips but this one is soothing and smoothing with vitamin E! The smell is yummy and I love how it always looks great no matter what! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fallen hard for these glosses and Krystal is no exception. Absolutely love the versatility of this candy scented clear high gloss. It allows you to turn your favorite lipstick into a gorgeous high gloss instantly. I used this over Illamasqua's Growl and got a positively stunning look! Love the way this formula feels on my lips. I could wear it for hours on end. Love the plumping action and the tingle (no sting either). I simply wash the end of the brush (this is a brush and not a wand like most of their other glosses) with a little soap and hot water and gently pat dry to take off any excess each time I use this. That way it keeps things more sterile and fresh (and it keeps my gloss looking clear and not the shade of whatever I used it over last). I think everyone should have this one in their arsenal. You can turn any lipstick into a brilliant and stunning gloss in seconds. I especially love the way this lush, rich formula feels on my lips (no stickiness or goop either). Awesome gloss!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Vanessa_poc

I got a free tube of this from Ulta. I dislike the smell and taste of it. It's not bad or good it's just bland. And since this product leaves that cooling sensation, it does the same inside your mouth if it gets in there. It's weird. I don't mind that sensation on my lips, but in my mouth it's uncomfortable. The sensation lasts the whole time it's on my lips. My lips plumped a teeny bit, I think, but not very noticeably. It's a little bit sticky, especially when it's wearing off. It's a nice gloss, but I've had better. I only got it b/c it was free and it had a lot of good reviews. But I'm not into the lip plumpin' so much so I'll stick to my normal stuff.