L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Eye Defense

3.2

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Jojoba Oil, Cholesterol, Caffeine, Carbomer, Bisabolol, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Mica, Oat Protein, Dicetyl Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, FD&C Red 40

on 1/21/2015 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a few jars of this when I was in my early 20s. So I wasn't really looking for a heavy old lady cream. I had dark circles but it's partly genetic and I did find that using this (and maybe any) moisturizer helped. But I liked the texture and thought it did a decent job for like $13. I have tried $60-$80 eye creams and honestly I don't think they are that great, some I didn't even keep. I mainly use cocoa butter vaseline at night on my eyes/lashes and sometimes an light night cream (that's discontinued) during the day. So I haven't really had a 'need' to buy this again. But I certainly don't hate it like some people did, and it does last a while. I think you can't expect too much from an eye cream. Plus, along with more sleep and better diet I don't have the dark circles as badly as I used to, but moisturizing is still important.

I did keep the empty jars and refill them with cream or treatment for when I traveled. It's glass so its not the best but I had them on hand so I did use them for that for a long time. They weren't heavy and they never broke so it actually worked.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Terrible. I bought this because I finished my Clinique All Abut Eyes and I needed something on the day, this looked OK at the drug store.

It's very thin and watery, doesn't leave my eyes feeling hydrated at all. It also has a bit of a strange smell.

I was under the impression this was supposed to be anti-aging or used as a preventative treatment, but it doesn't even do the basic job of keeping my under-eye area soft and moisturised.

on 9/8/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My eyes burned each time I used this. I initially thought it might be another new product I was using, but, after using it alone, I found the Eye Defense to be the culprit. I liked the texture of this product, although I'm not a fan of bottles I have to stick my finger into. (Contamination is always a possibility.) I wanted to like it but won't finish the bottle. Out it goes...

on 4/24/2014 1:51:00 AM

Before I get into this review, let me just say that I think most eye cream claims are 100% bunk. Note I said "most": I'm sure actual lifting/firming/erasing/brightening eye creams exist, but they're probably crazy expensive and I just can't justify dropping mega-cash on eye cream. (Bike racer here, I have entry fees and bike parts to pay for!) Ahem. So, this eye cream is nice -- I use it as an extra under eye moisturizer ONLY. I don't care that it claims to have caffeine to reduce puffiness or dark circles; that's not why I bought it. It doesn't irritate my skin, moisturizes nicely, and is a good base for my under eye brightening product (Maybelline Instant Age Rewind). I also don't pat it on: I apply it lightly with my ring finger. I just don't have it in me to stand around patting eye cream in--again, that's the bike racer in me talking: I'd rather be riding. (Of note, I'm going to be 34 soon and my plan is to age gracefully. I know I'll get wrinkles and lines: I've accepted it.) Packaging is a small, heavy glass jar with a screw-off lid; I would prefer a plastic jar because glass is fragile. I would probably repurchase this product, but I do plan to try out some other drugstore eye creams first. I have a hunch they're all going to be pretty much the same. :)

MES

on 4/14/2014 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

If you just need a light moisturizer for under the eye this is great. If you need a heavier moisturizer or anti-ager than forget this. This did nothing for my under eye area and is very thin/light. It smells faintly of cilantro and something else but I am not sure.

on 3/30/2014 10:01:00 PM

I was very disappointed by this product. The cream is a nice consistency, and feels very soothing upon application. But it did nothing for my fine lines. I found my fine lines actually getting worse within the 6 months I've been using this. The search is on for a better eye cream.

on 2/19/2014 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Never used eye cream before untill I started noticing my concealer sinking into fine lines so I picked this one up as it was the cheapest I could find. It doesn't really do much, I've been using this for about a month and there is no difference.. doesn't really do anything it claims but does give some extra moisture. After I use this up I will invest in a better eye cream.

I really needed an eyecream and with a budget, this seemed to be the next best option. It does nothing it claims to do other than moisturize the eye area. It did nothing to depuff or brighten dark undercircles. What I absolutely hate about it is that it leaves a sticky film on the skin, making it impossible to wear under makeup, concealer etc. I can honestly tell you this is true since I tried using it for 4 months, day and night. I would recommend using the garnier roller ball thing instead

on 8/7/2013 2:46:00 PM

This was one of the cheaper eye creams/gels at the drugstore. I didn't really pay attention to all the "claims" it had as i was just using it as a basic moisturizer under makeup. I have a night time eye cream that I use as well but since it contained a high amount of olive oil, it wasn't suitable for under makeup (olive oil removes makeup lol). The texture of this is a mix between a gel and a cream. It felt nice and cool upon application. My only complaint (and also the reason why I wouldn't purchase this again) would be the tacky feeling it left when it dried. It never went away...and i could feel it on my skin. I will use this up but won't be repurchasing.

on 8/2/2013 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Just wasn't moisturizing enough, period. I should have known by its consistency alone, it's kinda watery and I'm used to thicker eye creams that allow you to control how much you use and make it easier to direct where you apply it. I've liked L'Oreal's Revitalift in the past, this cream doesn't work for me and was actually making my eye area look worse due to lack of moisture. No thanks.