September 20, 2014 | 1760 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Clarifiance [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Valerie84

I will start this off by letting you know I have sensitive skin. I don't have a big issue with acne, however I do have hormonal breakouts. About one week a month, my chin looks like it got the chicken pox. I cannot use any cleaners that promise clear skin because I always break out, dry out, and my skin becomes red and irritated. My cosmetician belives that it is the salicylic acid and it is a very harsh chemical. So, I was very leary when buying Lancome Clarifying cleanser. But here I am a week later, no break outs, no dry skin, and my acne seems to be clearing up at a good pace. I am sure it is working as a preventative also, it never fails that I wake up with small white pimples in the crease of my nose. I have not woke up with one single tiny pimple. This is the first time in many years (since puberty) that I haven't had a single tiny pimple all week! Most products designed to clear up skin seem to smell like medecine. This product smells fresh and clean. My skin did not dry, it felt very clean..and well...it felt like skin. But just like any Lancome product, do not use much!!!! I used a small dallop enough to fill my two fingertips, and it was too much! I rinsed like 3 times to get it off my face. I recommend a small pea-sized drop. I am assuming this cleanser could last me over a year. So, don't be fooled by the price: you may not have to buy another cleanser for a year or 2. That will save lots of $$$. This product does not seem to remove eye makeup very well, but I had high hopes for that. My skin also tends to get oily a few hours into my day, this product controlled oil all day. No kidding. I think this product will be a permanent fixture in my bathroom for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by tobias47

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always had problems with foaming cleansers that seem overly harsh and leave my skin feeling stripped (not to mention soaps...). I have found this product to be very gentle and like the fact that ti doesn't lather up very much yet leaves my skin feeling cleansed. My only complaint (other than the price) is that the pump mechanism doesn't get the last 10-15% of the product out of the bottle and I have to turn it upside down and shake it out. I'm sure not going to leave a drop of $30 cleanser in the bottle...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My entire family uses this-it's a staple cleanser in our bathroom. Personally, I've used this since 1993, and have always found it to be a consistent standby. Sometimes can be a bit drying, depending upon my skin condition. A little goes a long way. It comes in great pump packaging, which means less waste. The fragrance is typically, cosmetically Lancome. Light, French, fresh, clean. No skin reactions. Rinses clean. I use it after my La Prairie makeup remover. Will continue to re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Sasswagon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this cleanser since my mom handed me her bottle when I was twelve years old and told me I should use it on my face morning and night. I've probably been using it *consistently* about ten years - since I got my first job and could pay for it myself. I use Retin-A Micro which causes some dryness/flaking, but my face doesn't feel very dry or tight after washing with this cleanser. I use two pumps and that's more than sufficient for the whole face. It will remove eyeshadow (and isn't at all irritating to the eye area, presuming you keep your eyes closed), but it doesn't take off waterproof mascara/liner completely. (I rarely if ever wear foundation so I cannot comment on that aspect - I suspect it would depend on the foundation.) I'm so used to the fragrance after using it for so many years that I barely notice it, but people who are super-sensitive to scented products might want to smell it in-store before purchasing.

I think the biggest drawback to this cleanser is price - it's currently $30 a bottle, which stuns everyone who asks me what I use. I have scored it at DF&CCO for somewhat cheaper - $22-24 or so, less when they have a holiday sale - but that seems to vary by location and season. That said, though, I love this stuff, have used up dozens of bottles, and currently have 4 stashed in my bathroom from finding the old packaging on clearance online for $15. (A bottle probably lasts me 3 months or so with twice-daily use.)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by a24z

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Used this on and off for about couple years. This is not the best cleansers that I've tried before. It's very light weight (it's a gel). It does not form a mousse like it shows in the description on their website. It is gentle, no beads, just plain gel.

This product is just a very basic cleaner. The only thing it does is clean. No killing bacteria, no clearing blemish, does not remove any make up (it's not a makeup remover), does not leave your skin supple, does not prevent anything at all. Because I have oily skin type, during the summer time, this cleanser does wash out the oil layer on my skin. Just a VERY BASIC cleanser.

If you are looking for a basic cleanser with no stinging or anything at all, this is for you. But there are a lot better cleanser with multi-functions out there for a lot less $.

One pro about this product is that it has a good packaging, a very nice pump.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ekim413

Thank goodness I only paid a clearance price for this at a CCO I happened to pass by. The product's gel consistency definitely does not agree with my dry sensitive skin. Every time I used this a rash erupted across the bottom half of my face where it is mostly dry. I gave this to my sister (with warning of course) but she is able to use this on her normal skin with no problem at all. FYI she is neither impressed nor displeased by this product, it is simply OK in her opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Rainbowapple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For reference, I've used this on and off, since 1993, back when it came in a squeeze tube. I now alternate between this and another Lancome cleanser, depending on what my needs are, day by day. This is a great cleanser. Lovely texture, light scent, not overly foamy. I tend to use it on days when I'm not wearing so much make-up, but just need a basic cleanse. To my mind, this is also a great value for money purchase, as a little goes a long way. Three pumps is plenty for me, per use. Will be re-purchasing-in another year, when this one runs dry. Good stuff ! .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by pecany

I love this cleanser, especially in the winter when my skin feels dry and tight this is a refreshing way to remove my makeup. I guess if you wear heavy makeup or long-wearing products like EL Double Wear or MAC then yes, you will need something stronger. I wear Bobbi's creamy compact foundation or foundation stick and I love it. It does a great job of removing all of my makeup and I feel so fresh after using it. I love the scent and have used it on and off for over 12 years. I don't think I will ever stop using. I do'nt always buy it because of the price (it depends on my wallet!) but I highly recommend it if you want a great cleanser and don't wear heavy makeup. For reference I have drier type skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is absolute crap, seriously... n I truly do like many lancome products. It is loaded with dyes & DOES NOT remove makeup well AT ALL. In a nutshell, it sux... Waste of $.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by hyacinthmacaw

I was a die-hard user of Clinique's rinse-off foaming cleanser and the oil free cleanser (the green one). I decided to try Lancome because I wanted a higher-end product that was a bit softer and gentler on my skin.

The pump is so convenient, you don't have to hold the bottle while you use it. It lathers nicely-- not too much and not too little. The scent is fragrant and pretty.

Most of all the product cleans my makeup and even mascara off with no scrubbing or rubbing. Just a gentle application is all you need. It leaves my slightly oily skin feeling fresh and not taut.

Overall I would recommend this product to anyone looking to "upgrade" from a drugstore cleanser to a higher end one.