October 31, 2014 | 996 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Temptations Shimmer Body Mousse in Whipped Delight

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 10:29:00 AM More reviews by countesscocofang

I like the whipped cream gimmick but something about this scent is a little off to me. I love warm vanilla scents but this has some faint musky smell that I find really off-putting. The glitter in this is barely noticeable, which is good, because I don't want to look like I'm going to some rave at 8 am. I prefer VS's new whipped body moisturizers to this, both in scents and in moisturizing abilities.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by DodgerDasher

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is such a fun product! I'm in love with the chocolatey whipped cream scent, rivals Vanilla Bean Noel for me. The scent is fairly long lasting too. It's very light and not particularly moisturizing, but it's still a good product to use. And there's something very gratifying about squirting this out of the can like it's real whipped cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

I admit it: I just bought this because of the packaging! LOL! But hey, it was fifty percent off! I would've never purchased this at regular price either. Anyway, I love the way this comes out of the can...just like whipped cream. It even smells like whipped cream to me too. But it's not really all that moisturizing. Good for those needing light moisture, but if you're looking for anything even remotely rich or heavy skip on this! Really, the good smell and gimmicky dispenser is where the fun ends. By the way, the glitter does seem heavy if you test it out in the store, but when I got home and put it on my legs it was barely even noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 5:11:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is cute, and yes, rather gimmicky. It's a mousse in a Redi-Whip-type can that foams out of of nozzle. It's faintly scented of cocoa to my nose and has barely perceptible, fine glitter, nothing to be concerned about if you're afraid of chunky glitter that gets all over the place. It spreads on as a thin liquid and is not particularly moisturizing. The fun in this is mostly in the packaging. I paid half price for it, so I'm happy, but I'm not sure I'd want to spend more than that for a novelty item.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I really like this product for a easy to apply light shimmer to my legs, arms & chest in the morning when I am in a rush getting ready. Not over glittery, not greasy, and no strong scent to worry about. I use over my body lotions. I think its pretty reasonably priced. Will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 1:32:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I sampled this at B&BW and it was enough to turn me off to the product. The packaging and dispensing method is really cute and gimmicky but that isn't enough to suck me into this $12 product. MAYBE if it had actually had a yummy vanilla scent or something but instead it has a fake chocolate scent that is not appealing to my nose at all. That was the biggest turn off. It was very thin and wet and not very moisturizing. Also I found the shimmer to be a bit too much. It was more glittery than shimmery. A gimmicky product that I think you can easily pass on unless you are drawn to these sort of things.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 4:54:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

This is mostly a light, golden, dewy sheen with a tiny bit of practically invisible shimmer. Comes in a can with a whipped cream nozzle that you press sideways just like a whipped cream can. Cost is $12. The lotion is very airy and not very dense, but smooths on easily, turning sort of wet like a thin lotion. Dries very quickly to a really lovely sheen. Its not all that moisturizing, but I wouldn't want to rub it all over my body anyway. I use it over my regular body cream, and only on my chest and down the front of my legs when I'm wearing skirts or shorts and lower necklines. If you put too much on its own, it does feel like theres a slight film to it but mixing it removes that feeling. The scent doesn't really smell like whipped cream to me. Its more of a light chocolate that isn't too sweet but lasts a fair amount of time (about an hour or so). Since I use mostly vanilla based perfumes it mixes well, but it might interfere with scents. Overall this is really fun and I would definitely buy again.