NYX Slim Lip Pencil - Orange 824

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/20/2014 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

A very good liner considering the price point. Great to use under MAC Morange.

on 2/26/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Nice colour but is like granite on my lips. Ouch.

on 11/4/2011 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I can't say that I agree with other reviewers who say that this lip liner is a true orange. On me, especially when built up, it's got quite a red tinge to it. As a matter of fact, as I look at it in the mirror right at this moment, it appears to be almost more red than orange.
As for the quality of this lip liner, I think it's definitely workable. It's not the best out there but it's not so hard that it skips or breaks off uncontrollably. It is, however, quite hard and very dry. It has to be layered multiple times before the color even begins to show up on my lips. This takes quite a bit of a time and effort, as it can look rather streaky and uneven if you don't go over it a couple times.
Over all, if I could, I'd give this liner a 5 for the color and a 3 for it's general quality. As I received this in a swap, I can't judge whether or not it's a great liner for the cost but I sincerely doubt it. There are better quality drugstore liners out there, but a color like this one might be hard to find.
If I may be totally honest, I'd say that NYX's Orange liner reminds me quite a bit of NARS Heat Wave lipstick. Shocking, I know! I don't feel like it'd be responsible of me to say that they're dupes since I haven't and are unable to compare them side by side, but on my lips they appear very close. As a matter of fact, NYX's Orange may have killed my Heat Wave lemming entirely had it been more creamy, opaque, and easier to apply.
As a liner, it does it's job as a great base for my warm red or red-orange lipsticks but it's not the best for the price.

on 8/9/2011 8:33:00 AM

A bright true orange with no real hints of pink or red. It works well under my orange lipsticks and as other reviewers have noted, it really could be used by itself topped with gloss. Two thumbs up. Now if only all NYX liners were available as self sharpening.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this orange. I will be wearing this a lot this summer. I have many coral and orange lipsticks and glosses and it looks great paired with all of them! Hot trend for the summer and this is an inexpensive way to get orange lips. Could almost be worn alone!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This liner performs perfectly! I usually pair it with Kat Von D's A Go Go!!
Its one you'll need to sharpen so make sure your sharpeners in great condition, you don't wanna be sad if you tear this one up. Goes on smooth, does not smell, and not greasy. Very pigmented!

on 10/6/2010 9:53:00 PM

I love this pencil! Great color, a vibrant orange with a hint of red. Perfect for summer!

It can be used alone or paired with a gloss or a lipstick, creating unique shades. I've already worn it paired with a pink and it gave that warmer shade I like so much.

Recommended!

on 10/16/2007 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am in love with this pencil.
This is the perfect colour for juicy red/ coral summer lips.
I just smudge it in and top with a clear or shimmery gloss.
My best buy of the year and I have bought much!!!!!

Popular Lip Liners