October 22, 2014 | 2089 users online

Tools - Goody - Dandruff Control Copper Bristled Hair Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by tech_girl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this hairbrush for my Mom, who suffered with dandruff. She tried everything imaginable, every shampoo, every treatment, but her dandruff only got worse. It even spread from her hair to her eyebrows, which I didn't even know was possible. She was extremely embarrassed and self-conscious. Within days of using the hairbrush, her dandruff improved so much, it was like a miracle. The look on my dear Mom's face was beyond priceless. All those expensive, harsh shampoos did nothing - but a few strokes every day with this hairbrush did the trick. Who woulda thunk it?!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Kimberly326

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent paddle brush. I love how it massages my scalp & glides through my tangles without getting stuck. I don't have issues with dandruff however so I don't know if it helps with that. It does make my hair look smooth & shiny. The only con for me is the strong metallic copper smell it leaves in my hair. I tried soaking it in lemon juice & water but it didn't really help with the smell. I'm picky about my hair smelling fresh & this just smells off-putting to me. Now I only use it to detangle before I wash my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Im not sure if it got rid of my dandruff, really couldn't tell a difference. I mainly just liked it because its simply a nice brush, easy to run through my hair. Also i dont like the look of the dark bronze color it turns to after a while of use, it looks gross and ugly. And the brush gets a lot of build up on it and the box say when that happens to clean it w/ lemon water, but im not sure if that would help, didn't try it. So i wont repurchase just cuz i dont have dandruff anymore thanks to apple cider vinegar :D so i wont be needing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by agingfast

This brush is like no other I've experienced as far as feeling absolutely wonderful as it stimulates your scalp. It feels like an amazing massage. As for dandruff control, maybe some, but I think I'd probably have to spend a lot more time brushing than my life or my hair can take. Plus, the copper coating does wear away quickly. My family members also love how this brush feels, and I considered giving it a 5 just based on this, but I guess most folks are interested in the dandruff control claims and in that regard I experienced no definite difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Sailorina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. !!! HG itchy scalp product, but you *MUST* actually faithfully dutifully use it 2-3x per day. Whenever I do use it this often (nothing major, just like one minute in the morning, and at night, whenever I have a moment), I literally don't need to wash my hair for flake maintenance! I used to have to shampoo often simply for flake removal.... tea tree oil shampoos felt so good and gave me relief from itchy and embarassement for a day or two. But THIS is an awesome solution. You can do it on the go and brush your hair too! I used to hate brushing my hair because I just felt the bristles riling up my flakes and making my scalp angrier and more itchy. This brush actually feels great on my head and is so soothly. When I first bought it out of itchy desperation I was going to wait to use it for the first time until after a good cleansing shampoo, but something came up and I needed to go out, but my head was sooo itchy. I just tore it out of the package and brushed for like five minutes. A-mazing. Later that night my head was not itchy or flakey. Oh I love this brush and I will never be without one. I noticed some reviewers mentioned discoloration, well read the frickin label, Goody even says that may happen but that it will NOT reduce the effect! Also it mentions cleaning it in a vinegar (or was it lemon, I forget, just check the instructions people. I know I saved the little cardboard insert that came with mine) & water solution every so often. I LOVE THIS BRUSH!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Madera

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent excellent product. I swear by this. No one in this world had a terrible psoriatic-seborrheic continous outbreak like me all over their scalp!!!! I went to several dermatologists. I bought and struggled with organic based products, steroids, baby shampoos, non fragranced formulas. This coupled with the NEW ZINC fortified head and shoulders did it. Buy it and keep it. The only thing it is hard to wash this brush, because the water gets in that hole in the brush. Otherwise, I swear by copper bristles. I have a super thick stand out hair that is long, I swear by this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by icesk8princess

It's expensive for a brush, but I needed a new one anyways and I figured why not. I don't see any improvement in my flakes at all and I've been using the brush for two months. It's a good brush simply for brushing, but as for anything else, I have a feeling it's just a gimmick.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by reeast

I am so disappointed in this brush :( I've had it for about 3 months and I LOVED it at first. I really think it did help my dandruff for awhile. HOWEVER, now that I have used it awhile, I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the tips of the bristles are now SILVER!! Obviously they just coat the bristles in copper, they're not actually MADE of copper!! So I paid a lot of money for a brush that doesn't even work anymore! I mean, it works fine as a brush but I can definitely tell it doesn't help my dandruff anymore. What a rip off! I'm so sad...I wish someone would make a brush with pure copper bristles. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know. It could be a placebo effect. My scalp is a mess. I have psoriasis and its flaky dry and itchy. Well i tried to find this brush a few times. I was shocked at the steep price tag... it is goody for chrissakes. Anyway, it feels really good on my scalp, and it adds shine. I think it even helps a bit with the flakes, but how would one measure such a thing. All in all its a good quality brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I think this might actually be doing something for my scalp! It was a bear finding this brush, went to 4 CVS stores, then found it at Rite-Aid by pure chance. I have used it daily for a month and have noticed a dramatic drop-off in the itchies and flakies...this was during a period where I was experimenting with a lot of topical scalp remedies too, so part of it may be the brush and part of it the products...The brush is of good, solid construction, the bristles are stimulating to my scalp without being damaging, and they comb through my hair well. Good purchase, seems to work!

UPDATE (4/7/08): I have now used this for 5 months and don't really think it's helped my dandruff much. The bristles are still fully copper coated even though I use this brush daily. But I doubt that the copper does much for the fungus, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend this brush. My attitude is that it's worth a try. Besides, it's a decent brush and makes my hair very shiny.