April 20, 2014 | 1489 users online

Eye Primer - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by addikted

This is so-so, not great and not terrible. As an eyeshadow primer or base it's gotta be one of the better ones for sure, but it's not all that.

It makes my eyes look older and crepey. But makes eyeshadow stick for sure. Works great with some and balls up with others.

I prefer MAC Paintpot in Painterley as a base and have done a review comparing the two.

Price is too high for the stuff. If it didn't ball up or go crepey it'd be great. Packaging while easy to get into can be a bit of a bacteria trap if you are not hygiene conscious with fingers and brushes. A little disposable 'tester' spatula or similar is good. Easy not to waste product and easy to see how much is left.

A tiny bit of this spreads like silky goodness, it feels like silicon I guess. Maybe that's the hit and miss of it all, how it sits with other products.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

No colour options. It goes on kind of chalky and pale looking.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by itsarock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I usually swear by the double wear line that Estee Lauder has available. The foundation, the foundation powder, the eye liner and lipsticks are all amazing but the cream eyeshadow's end especially the eyeshadow base are just lackluster products. I made sure to use a natural fiber brush to apply the base, but it became clumpy and hard to work with. Then I tried applying with my fingers, thinking the heat of my finger tips would make the base more workable.. not true. I understand that the idea is to create a long wear eyeshadow base but you can't even move this product around once it has made contact with your skin, it creates fine feathering type creases with matte eyeshadows. I would not recommend this product to others to use and I feel that for the sale price it's a huge waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product! I have never used a base before but after the MA used this on me along with another cream shadow, I was hooked. Staying power was great, not creasing and it went on nicely...did not feel drying. I am still new to this so I will have an update after a few more uses but so far definite repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by SixthSerenade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am disappointed in this product. It does not keep your eye shadow on for 15 hours as advetrised. I find that after about 5 hours, I start to see creases and eye shadow starts to look uneven. I am also using Estee Lauder eye shadow. I did not feel this product lived up to the promises made and would hesitate to recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by AMIGIRL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I spoke too soon. This primer is not what I had anticipated. After only 3 hours, I noticed creasing. After several hours (8+) the shadow was fading and the creases intensified in depth. I plan to return it. Considering it doesn't do the job (neither did the shadow go on evenly) it is therefore too expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by silverbrook

I classically have used UDPP and TFSI as my eyeshadow bases, however a friend of mine gave this to me for my birthday recently and I really like it! I like that it is in a pot, and it is really easy to scoop out with a Q tip. I then apply it simply with my fingers. The consistency is very soft feeling... I find TFSI is thinner and more oily, and haven't used UDPP recently enough to remember. It seems to work just as well at keeping eye makeup in place, and since I do enjoy the application and I think it is actually a bit cheaper (though correct me if I am wrong) I may continue to get this instead!

EDIT: I'm noticing the I have a lot more creasing with this after I have been wearing makeup all day. So sadly I have to take this down to 3 stars. It is a shame, because the texture when you put it on feels really nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This eye base is very light in color, so I am not sure how it would work for all skin tones. It is of a very concentrated cream consistency. Therefore, a little bit goes a long way. And, you have to really blend this product well on the lids or else it will make your eye shadow go on clumpy and then you'll have a hard time blending it out.

This eye primer does allow for any eye shadow that I apply over it to last all day, which is a good thing. But, I don't plan to buy anymore of this stuff in the future. I don't find anything overly impressive about this product at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by beules

I like this eyeshadow base and it does do exactly what it says. It tnds to dry out after a cople of months, so make ure you always put the lid on firmly between uses. Eyeshadow does stay on for the day and like most ofthe double wear range, it has staying power. recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite eyeshado primer hands down. It is just the right one for me. I can wear my makeup for work which is usually more than 12 hours and it looks fresh and perfect. Really good product.