September 20, 2014 | 1588 users online

Eyes - Swiss O' Par brow and lash tint kit

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by larkin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just tried out the "new improved" eyelash tint with silver nitrate.It works in a different way to the one I used to get,in that this is pretty instant.However, The silver nitrate liquid (part #) of the process was terrible,it ran straight in my eyes and I had BLOOD stained tears coming out!! Horrifying!! I rinsed them loads but they still sting now.I just hope I haven't done my self real damage.It should NEVER be in a product that is right on your eyes if it's going to do this.
I'm binning it and never using this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by morgann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was a complete and utter nightmare. I usually use the 1000 hour brand and wish I hadn't opted to try this one when I purchased it today. I thought I was going to like the fact that you didn't have to muck around and mix the liquid and gel together like the 1000 hour but the problem was that it stings so badly that I could barely stand it near my eyes. Also the eyelash leaves (or under eye pads) don't fit properly so that's useless and it is impossible to do this without staining your skin.

With the 1000 hour if you stain your skin it is easily removed; with this I'm stuck with panda eyes for the rest of the week it looks. The product stung my eyes so bad there was actually BLOOD in my tears!!!!!!! It contains silver nitrate which is extremely dangerous and should be kept away from eyes so why on earth would they put it in a product meant for eyelashes?! The packaging states that there is not hydrogen peroxide in it to make it seem safer than other brands but its definitely not.

And then after all this, it didn't even dye my lashes very dark at all.

Please don't buy this brand, stick to 1000 hour or better, go to a salon and get it done.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by FrankieVercammen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Swiss-o-par now comes in a new packaging, available here in Switzerland. I don't know if it is already available elsewhere and I could not find a photo online. There are two identically sized mascara-like tubes, no. 1 and no. 2, and 20 under eye protection pads. The idea is that you get 10 applications out of it. No. 1 - a liquid - comes with a sponge tip (like a lip gloss) and no. 2 - a gel - with a comb.
First you apply the liquid, let it soak for a minute, and then apply the gel, which colors instantly and which you have to rinse immediately. It works. It's the same system as the old packaging. But I have to agree with other reviewers that the comb is too rough, it's better to use a clean mascara brush. I found that I had to be careful with no. 1 because the liquid stings my eyelids. So I first pad the sponge tip on a piece of tissue paper as to only have a little bit of product on the applicator, so it doesn't run. I apply several coats of no. 1 in a careful manner. The gel does contain a dangerous chemical, which you must NOT get into your eyes. By using a proper bushy mascara brush the risk of gel falling off the lashes and into your eyes is less than with the plastic comb that is wider toothed.
The under eye pads are useless to me because they don't stick properly and they don't fit my face / eye shape. Anyways, as I only dye my upper lashes, I don't need them.
I am happy with the results and let's see how long they last. Will give an update.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by amandamg61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WARNING! Do not buy this product! I have been tinting my lashes for years so I am not a novice. I decided to try this brand as it is advertised as not containing hydrogen peroxide which, to me, implied it would be a gentle product. Wrong. It contains silver nitrate instead-a very nasty chemical indeed. I got a tiny bit of the gel in one eye and immediately flushed it with water. It really really hurt but I assumed the pain and inflammation would subside.They got worse and worse until my eye was dark red, weeping and almost swollen shut. I ended up in an emergency eye clinic and now have to have antibiotic drops for the next 7 days. Luckily the chemical did not land on my cornea and I should not have any permanent damage but this product could easily cost someone her sight. After 4 days my eye is still extremely painful and red but is, luckily, improving slowly. Please don't risk this product. It just isn't worth it. Having pretty eyelashes doesn't compare to the gift of sight.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was a victim of over plucking to achieve the ultra thin eyebrow look all through the 90's into the 21st century. I'm slowly, but surely growing them back, emphasis on the slowly. This kit has been a blessing in aiding me in the regrowth process. For some reason my eyebrows are growing back with a light blond tinge, but I'm a brunette. I use the brown kit every 4 - 6 weeks and appreciate the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by DawnPeach

This is one of my staple products! I can not be without it! I absolutely love this stuff! I purchased my first kit from Ebay a few years back and I have been dependent on it ever since. I bought the black kit for my brown-coloured eyebrows and eyelashes and I cannot tell you how many complements I get on my eyelashes, most of which I owe to using this stuff. It is very easy to apply and very fast. It is supposed to take about 2 minutes altogether I believe, but I will put it on my eyelashes for over 5 minutes usually. On my eyebrows I basically wash it off seconds after I put it on to avoid them from going too dark which just looks weird. Those who feel that it fades too fast: I've noticed that it tends to fade faster on fuzzy blond hairs as opposed to thicker eyebrow hairs, and also, the longer you leave it on seems to affect how dark and how long it lasts. The eyelash combs they supply you with are crap, so I would recommend using a disposable mascara brush. I also never use the leaflets as they are quite useless. Instead I slather vaseline all around my eye so if I smudge it on my skin it's easier to remove. I used to purchase 1 kit for $12 cdn but they seem to have gone up to about $20 cdn. That's ok though, as I certainly do not want to be going to a salon and paying out the a$$ for something I can do and control myself, and as often as I like! All in all I highly recommend this product. It offers a very beautiful natural look, and what's better, no more mascara!! You can just wake up and not have to worry about putting on irritating mascara that looks clumpy and unnatural. I think it is amazing and I encourage anyone to try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Toyotacarina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my teenage years i thought it would be a great idea to pluck all my eyebrows away and draw them on. WHY did i do this??! I still have no idea..i used to have lovely eyebrows :[
Anyhu they are in the process of growing back now, albeit incredibly slowly and often in crazy directions.
The brows that have sprouted are very blonde, practically invisible really..not a good look.
I was so sick of painting on fake eyebrows every morning that i decided to dye them and see what happens.
I bought this kit in Boots for about 12euro, which is graand considering you get multiple uses out of it.
I bought the black one to match my hair. You can also do your eyelashes with this kit but thats a bit too daunting for me.

It was Very Very easy to do. Even for novices like me. The whole process only takes about 5mins which is fab.
I was actually really happy with the outcome. All of the brow hairs were evenly died and there was no staining on my skin.
Unfortunatley a week later all traces of black dye have vanished and im stuck with my invisable eyebrows again.
The box states "non fading over many weeks". Not the case. Slightly annoying that i will have to do this every 7 days or so but at least the process is short and sweet i suppose.
Im sure there is much better products on the market than this one. Thumbs down.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to get my lashes tinted at the salon, but at $45 a pop, it was a once in a while splurge to treat myself. I'm blond & have fine, light lashes (despite Talika Lipcils; it doesn't seem to be working anymore :-(
I bought Swiss O'par based on the reviews here & essentialdayspa.com. I found it on ebay. Anyway, it is very quick, I'll give it that. That may be the problem though. You apply the color which is clear and then apply the developer which is a gel. The color is instant once the two meet. The directions say to rise it off right away. The whole prosess takes less than a minute. Well, at the salon, the dye is left on for about 10-15 minutes. I've actually had pretty good results with salon tints, given my less than lush lashes :-)
The Swiss O'Par did very little. It does initially dye your lashes, but the lower ones lost their tint almost right away once I washed off the dye, and the upper ones were left very minimally tinted after washing them off. I tinted them two more times later that day hoping for a cumulative effect, but no such luck. If you have thicker lashes or more of them, this might work for you, I don't know. For me, it was a waste of money. I'm trying 1000hour lash tint next. It's also gotten good reviews on essentialdayspa. There is another tint made in Australia (I think) called Refectocil. It claims to be a vegetable dye, but I found an FDA site that says it contains coal tar, which is a banned ingredient in the US. I guess I'll pass on that one...
Don't try to tint your lashes at home unless you've had them done professionally first. Follow the directions! And if you get some in your eye, rinse thoroughly with water. And if you think you can continue tinting that eye & rinse later, forget it! It stings like crazy! lol Also, it you get it on your hands, wash it off right away. Once the 2 chemicals come together on your hands, they'll be stain for a few days. It stays longer on your hands even w/ repeated washing & yard work than it does on your lashes. Go figure!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have kinda sparse eyebrows and fill them in a bit with a blonde/brown eyebrow pencil. I wanted t try dyeing them though, because I wanted them a bit darker (they hardly show up in photographs).

The application is very easy and only took 5 minutes.
Mine turned out a little dark though. I think it's the normal result though, and I just never realized how light my hair is (it's dark blonde/light brown) so it looks a bit too dark for me It doesn't look horrible though, but I'm not sure whether I'll use it on my eyebrows again unless I choose to dye my hair darker.
I'll try it on my eyelashes next.

Overall this is a good product. It doesn't irritate the eyes, very easy to apply, very fast. Pretty much foolproof, but make sure your hair isn't too light.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by janemarple

A bout of acne and overzealous application of BP left my eyebrows somewhat on the lighter side. It was really starting to annoy me so I decided to do something about it. I ordered this off of ebay in brown (I have dark blond hair) because I wanted to ensure I used something that was safe to use around the eye area. I am very happy with the results. Looks really natural. The way it works is as follows:
1. apply the liquid provided (which is clear) to the eyebrows/lashes so they are very moistened, leave for ~ 1 min
2. using the comb (for brows), apply the gel (which is clear when coming out of the tube) -- this is where the surprise came for me. When the gel contacts the liquid, it turns brown/black. It needs to be rinsed immediately.
I may try doing my lashes soon too. It comes with a mascara wand for that purpose.
Lasts for six weeks, according to the box. We'll see!

Update: did my lashes. It's so painless and fast with such good results. I'm hooked.