January 31, 2015 | 1417 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream (Night)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2015 11:59:00 PM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use this years ago but then they jacked up the price. Decided to get it again and yep it is still as great today as back in the day. Pricey for a drugstore skin cream but it does work wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 10:49:00 PM More reviews by janaoo4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

HOLY LIVING SHlT! THE SKEPTIC IN ME ALMOST DIED! Will continue to use, will continue to buy.

Brief history of my skin before. I have combination skin with an extremely oily T-zone that miraculously is also extremely dry and flaky. I had black heads everywhere that despite using AHA's, and my trusty comadone extractor, they just kept on coming back in force. I've been cleaning my skin products out of anything harsh, with dyes, perfumes, parabens, alcohols ect. ect. ect. ... I'm not a hippy, but something had to be done. My skin was driving me crazy. All that, and I was also starting to get fine lines under my eyes IN MY 20's! WTF? I rub my eyes all the time I guess :/ I eat healthy food, drink lots of water, I run, I work out, I have a good skin routine. I had reached a plateau in skin quality it had seemed.

So I looked into getting a product for bad acne, blackheads, oily skin, and flaking. Low and behold, I find Retinol. Retinol helps with all of these problems, including fine lines. Lucky me. You can get Retinol in prescription products, but they're expensive and you have to go see a doc, and other brands use jar packing which allow the active ingredients to break down (waste of money).

So I found out that this product has Retinol in it, in fairly high concentrations, for like... $24. Cheaper than my Olay Regenerist that I had been using for my dry skin, and concidering that other anti aging products with Retinol can push you between $60-140, I'll say it's a good deal.

All I have to say is... holy crap ladies. Holy crap. My skin is awesome. It's been a weak. I'm not wearing foundation half the time, I don't need it. I've found that my black heads have significantly decreased, and those in my worst zones are extremely superficial and were so easy to get out. I would suggest that you read up on Retinol to see what it does. Because it's awesome, old person skin or not. I'm so happy! I've had ONE zit! ONE!

Though I will advise, Retinol can be hard on people's skin. You have to SLOWLY introduce it to your skin. For the first few days I was mixing it in with my normal gentle moisturizers, and patting skin friendly oil over top so I wouldn't dry out. I still mix it in for the day into my moisturizers and sunscreen, but at night, I put it right over top of my serums.

It absorbs fast and isn't greasy. But that can be bad if you have dry skin. It WILL dry you out, and if you let that happen, you will get red, itchy, flaking skin. Prevent this with either a good moisturizer, or skin oil. Surprisingly cold pressed EVOO works fine for this. Slowly introduce it to your skin by mixing small amounts into your normal sensitive skin moisturizer, gently increasing the mix as your skin can tolerate.

Final product I've seen. Clear happy skin, almost no blackheads, no more break outs, the fine lines under my eyes are almost gone.

I would definitely recommend this product to people who have any of the concerns I mentioned above. It works. I haven't seen fast results like this like... ever. Read my other reviews, I'm not usually anywhere this kind with products, even if I like them. This is truly a first.

Overall 5/5
Price 5/5 (considering it's an anti-aging product with active retinol)
Packaging 5/5 (light proof, air tight tube to protect active ingredients)
Will buy again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2015 10:12:00 AM More reviews by annhf24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am on my third tube of this. I use a different brand of moisturizer in the morning (the day lotion like this made me break out.) I tend to break out pretty easily, but having a night routine of double washing and using my clarisonic, then finish up with this, my skin is actually looking very clear. I really don't know about the "anti-wrinkle" properties, I am just getting to the age where wrinkles are starting to show up, but like others I have read that this is one of the best drugstore retinol moisturizers and it is working well for me so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Doodleses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Acne-scarred sisters and brothers, rejoice! A pea-sized amount every night after a shower does the trick!

I don't know when--definitely a few months back, but I discovered retinoids/retinols as a possible cure to help lighten acne scars and smooth out uneven skin texture and skintone. Skinacea, maybe? Dark spots and scars have been a problem for me for two years now--the flare-ups are gone but the damage had been done. So off I went to Paula's Choice to look up products with the best ratings under the Retinol category -- and this night cream came up as one of the best for the price.

For the things I've done to lighten the scars: lemon juice, Sudocrem (which I still use for the occasional pesky zit), PMD, glycolic acid masques... this cream did more in a week alone than sticking to a regime with the above. If I could quantify it, I'd say my scars lightened up by 70%? They were still there--faded, but not glaringly obvious. I also use this cream in conjunction with the advanced toner moisturizer (also in the Paula's Choice Best Retinols list) in the morning since your skin becomes sensitive as its peeling due to the retinol.

It will sting on first application, and your skin might peel and redden over the next few days. Once you start using it nightly for a while, the cream just melts onto your face when you work it in! I'm almost at the end of my second tube and it doesn't burn anymore (I also started using an AHA serum exfoliant from Alpha Hydroxat night before the night cream) and I'm seeing less results. Probably because my skin has adapted to the ingredients, and are now less effective.

Yes, a pea-size is all you need. It spreads thinly, but I think after using a bit more cream at night made it work less? The results weren't as drastic, I mean.

I'll definitely be looking into products with higher concentrations of retinol now, now that my skin can't get better without it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by star4emily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

After seeing all the great reviews on many different sites I decided to give this a try, worst decision ever for me. After applying for one night only I broke out in a eczema type rash all over my face and my neck along my jawline. I do believe it was my skin that just didnt like this and I have learned my lesson and will spot test new products from now on. Just be cautious if you have sensetive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEST for your buck! The metal tube supposedly keeps the retinol stable. I've had bad reactions to retinol products in the past but this one is just right. Not to harsh but still effective. Great night cream and very moisturizing. Will use long term.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

My skin is a giant pain in the butt: super dry in spots, super oily in spots, hyperpigmentation, congestion, sensitive...it pretty much blows. My main goal with this was to prevent wrinkles, but it will be years before I know how well it worked for that (I'm 26). However, I have been using this for 5 months now and do notice a difference in my skin. It's not a miracle (my skin still kind of blows) but overall, it's better. This cream is moisturizing without being oily. It absorbs well and spreads easily. I use it on my whole face (including around my eyes) and have had no issues with dryness or redness. I put this on every night and have had no irritation. After 5 months of nightly use, I'm still on my first tube. I would highly recommend this. I think it will be good for the long term, but honestly I have skipped a couple of nights, and I can tell the next day. Fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Jewels04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent product for the price, surely must be the best anti aging and anti acne night cream that you can buy for under $20 NZ at a supermarket. I have been using it most recently for 3 weeks I cleanse my face with cetaphil and use a pea sized amount each night. My skin is definitely softer and looks clearer. It has reduced some little bumps and blackheads also. I will be continuing to use it. I used this product 6-7 years ago after reading a book by Paula Begoun. I can't really think why I ever stopped using this other than when I was pregnant I felt I should only use completely natural products. I only use this one retinol product I do not use the day version. I always wear SPF during the day anyway but it is most important to when using this cream as the retinol will make your skin more sensitive to the sun. I will definitely be repurchasing. So glad it is still available, tube will last a while, starting to really need this stuff now. It was $18NZ on special at Countdown.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just purchased my second tube of this cream. I have used it for about 6 months and I love this product. Sometimes retinol products can sting or irritate my skin -- this one doesn't. Sometimes retinol products leave my skin flakey -- this one doesn't. I apply it at night time, after cleansing, and I usually mix it with PC Vitamin C serum. The result is bright, smooth skin in the morning. I don't see any major wrinkle reduction, but I feel like this smoothes my skin and works perfectly with my skin. My only complaint is that I can't find it in stores anywhere. I purchase it on amazon and it's less than $12.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by mauraezg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product. I'm almost done with my first tube and I started to notice results within 2 weeks of using it. It's the perfect night cream for my skin (pretty oily) because it's creamy and moisturizing, but my skin absorbs it and it doesnt weigh heavily on my face while I sleep. I noticed a general improvement in my skin tone after a few days: a lot of unevenness and redness was gone, and my parenthesis were a little less deep. Awesome!