July 28, 2014 | 961 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Rubis - Slant-Tip Stainless Steel Tweezers

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by asyoulikeit

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing tweezers! I actually think they are worth the price ($30.59 on eBay) assuming they remain in excellent operating condition for a very long time. There is a rubber tip to protect the points but the very first thing I did was slice through the rubber when I inserted the tweezers too forcefully! For travel I'll also slip them into a protective case I have from other tweezers as it seems the rubber tip could easily slip off in the bottom of a makeup bag. The points on these can be deadly but are perfection for details like removing ingrown hairs. There was a short learning curve as with anything so new and precise. SO glad I read the reviews here on MUA and made this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by lizsta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Grew up by these bad boys since my mom uses them. Literally feel like any other tweezers do not work properly, but I have slowly come to the realization that that's just because these work stupendously and nothing else can compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by quandarical

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These tweezers have ruined other tweezers for me. Compared to Rubis, Tweezermans (tweezermen?) are like two chopsticks held together with masking tape. I call them the "Cadillacs" so as not to plagiarize Bobbi Brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by JanM

I collect tweezers like some people collect stamps. I buy good brands, Tweezerman, Shavata, but neither of these quite cut the mustard, I have fine hair, great for getting away with not having to shave your legs every day, but rubbish for eyelashes and eyebrows - non of the tweezers I have bought are grippy enough.

Enter trusty MUA and I make my purchase, not wholly due to MUA, I bought a pair of Rubis nail scissors and was hugely impressed with the quality of them, they enabled me to successfully cut the nails of my right hand (I am righthanded).

These tweezers are fine enough at the tip, they meet tightly in the middle, but it is the grip, it is as if they have sandpaper at the edges, they pick up the finest of my fine hairs - I have white hairs in places a legacy of going white overnight due to stress, I kid you not, and I can sweep across this area of my upper eyelid and catch all the hairs which are miniscule enough not to be seen unless the sunlight catches them.

I got them for around 10 on ebay, I have seen them retail in UK for around the 20, I think that they are worth every penny, far far better than Tweezerman or Shavata.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by bloodnite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Works great and plucks the tiniest hairs without any problem. I like the rubber tip protective cap that comes with it. For $25 I am going to take good care of it rather than abuse it like my other drugstore cheapie tweezers. Great quality and would buy them again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by brookebaird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Rubis and Tweezerman are both amazing tweezers. They both grip the tiniest hairs and remove them effectively and quickly. I prefer the slant tip as I am able to grab hairs more effectively.
I could not live without them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I LOVE these Tweezers. I have a problem with many tweezers breaking my hair off rather than removing at the root. Not with these!

Also, I can grab the hair to pull it out when its still very short. For other tweezers I need to wait a couple of days more.

In Australia these are ridiculously expensive, but having said that when I thought I'd lost my pair I did repurchase. So now I have two and hopefully will not need to repurchase again, but if I do, I definitely will! ;-P

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Retailjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The sharpest and most precise tweezers that I have EVER used in my life. These tweezers, although rather pricey anywhere in the world (but thankfully slightly less expensive in Hong Kong), are very well-crafted with fantastic balance until you accidentally drop them on the floor without the little protective rubber cap on the tip. After that, the tweezers are pretty much useless (I speak from experience -- I've destroyed three pairs of these tweezers as a result of dropping them). Word of advice: RECAP AFTER EVERY USE. If you do, they'll last a lifetime and perform better than the old Tweezerman standby.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I got these it came to about $50CAD lolz but i got the white one with a swarovski crystal on top so it was more expensive.

same deal, awesome precision!! Wow, I don't even BOTHER with my tweezerman anymore.

be super careful with the tip though. I recommend recapping the cap it comes with for the blade everytime you're not using it :)

totally worth my $50CAD

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

The best things in life are always expensive! I had previously used Tweezerman and was a bit disappointed (maybe they needed sharpening it has been suggested? Do you really sharpen tweezers? How?!)
Rubis are the best tweezers I have ever used - no chance of missing anything - in fact you can get a bit paranoid! You start to go for hairs that you can hardly even see!
They should maybe come with a health warning however. Because the tips are so sharp it is very easy to do yourself an injury with them - be caeful!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No