April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not great at removing longwear makeup on its own tbh, but if you just use regular makeup it probably will be ok

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the reviews on The Body Shop's website. Almost all of them were glowing, with users saying it cleared up their acne and completely changed their skin. I was very hopeful, especially since the cleanser I was using was drying me out. Initially this did nothing for me. It didn't get my skin clean enough, and left a film on my face. I woke up with little whiteheads after using it at night. I stopped using it for awhile.

I started to use it again recently (against my better judgment) and I think it is clogging my pores. It could be my moisturizer's fault as well (or a combination of the two) but I wasn't clogging until I started washing my face at night with this cleanser. I think it's too thick and creamy for my acne-prone, combination skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty bad cleanser. It did basically nothing for my skin, you might as well be cleansing your skin with water. It doesn't cleanse at all. It is also not cheap! Don't waste your money

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Soffy

My skin: I have rosacea on my nose, which makes the skin there very red and sensitive. My nose also tends to get dehydrated and flaky. The rest of my face is normal, with some impurities on the cheeks.

I got this as a birthday gift form TBS. And it did absolutely nothing. The skin on my nose is pretty much always red/pink, and this did nothing to change that, I literally saw no difference between before and after cleansing my skin with it. It didn't make things worse and it didn't dry out my skin, but I expect more form skincare. In my opinion, this would be better suited for someone with normal skin looking for something that won't aggravate the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by jmac1107

I found it really hard to get a good cleaning from this face wash, I had to use a lot of product and thats coming from someone with dry skin! Mind you it didn't dry me out which was a plus although it may have broken me out.
I did find it worked a lot better with a washcloth so I will finish it but definitely will not repurchase

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

This is probably the least effective cleanser I have ever used. I tried it twice, once with cotton wool then with a hot cloth. I always do a double cleanse on a night followed by a toner, so I know not to rely on just one cleanser for make-up removal. This didn't seem to lift much dirt off my skin at all. Rubbish.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this to remove my make up and then a separate facial wash to clean the skin. It's soft and pleasant smelling and doesn't cause any skin irritation. It could do with better packaging as it becomes difficult to squeeze out the bottle. I solve this minor problem by storing it upside down.

The trick to this is to really massage it into the skin - really, really massage it! then wash off with warm water and a cotton wash cloth. Using cotton pads is simply hopeless.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by xClairex547

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser it is gentle and doesn't dry out my skin unlike some other cleansers. The only makeup i wear is a BB cream or a TM and a little blush and a tinted lip balm and i think it gets it off a little bit but i don't expect a cleanser to remove makeup that's what my makeup remover wipes are for :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There are a lot of poor reviews for this product based on its failure to remove makeup. I personally haven't found a regular cream cleanser that works for that on its own, especially not a gentle one. I use a separate product for makeup removal and then cleanse afterwards.
I love using creamy cleansers in the morning, and this is nice for that. It doesn't leave my skin greasy and isn't drying or irritating. It doesn't really moisturize but just makes it feel nice and clean, which is all I really want it to do. It doesn't soften like my Dr. Hauschka Cleansing milk does, but at a small fraction of the price, I'm ok with that. There's also no discernible fragrance, which I like. It gets 4 instead of 5 points because I don't see that it actually calms redness as the name implies. (but non-irritating and no breakouts is good enough for me. :) ) Also the squeeze bottle requires a lot of pressure to dispense the product.
I just bought and started using this recently. I'll update if I notice anything different later.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Lorraine6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The cleanser is gentle and fragrance free but I find it does a poor job of cleansing my skin. To remove foundation, I have to use a large amount, tissue off, and then follow with a toner. Quite disappointing! Won't purchase again.