August 21, 2014 | 1970 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Heelsblog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has been really good as a basic cleanser, I have pretty sensitive skin so this is really hydrating and gentle on my skin. I've been using this a few times once in the day and night. It's been really good so far and I highly recommend it, it's not too badly priced. I like to use it with their facial brush.
Check out my other reviews on my blog =]
heelssss.blogspot.com

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

This is such a good and basic cleanser! It's especially good if you struggle with sensitve or/and dry skin.

Since I have really sensitive skin, I'm always afraid of new products breaking me out, and unfortunately they do most of the time. However with this one; no reaction at all!
I have been using this cleanser, alternating it with my REN clearcalm cleanser (for blemish-prone skin), and I find that to be a good mix, since this cleanser doesn't do much for treating acne. It does cleanses your skin, but without that horrible dry feeling afterwards. For me that's a huge plus.

Overall a great cleanser if you want something gentle, but if you suffer from acne I recommend you to alternate it with an acne-treating cleanser, or some sort of treatment afterwards. The reason why I can't give it 5/5, is because it claims to remove make-up and it curtainly does not do that! I always remove my makeup with Bioderma, before I cleanse my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by amyrose1592

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't understand the negative comments about this product, it has totally changed my skin! After discovering my skin is acne prone and sensitive (mostly sensitive but I am prone to acne around my jaw line) I decided to try this as it has aloe vera. Would never turn back, I use this with my clarisonic so it is maybe the way I am using it. I have been combining it with the toner and moisturiser from the same set and using tea tree for my spots - I am not over exaggerating when I say I feel comfortable now leaving the house with minimum make up when before I wanted to hide my skin, and I know it is the combination of these products. Absolute bargain and life saver!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not great at removing longwear makeup on its own tbh, but if you just use regular makeup it probably will be ok

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the reviews on The Body Shop's website. Almost all of them were glowing, with users saying it cleared up their acne and completely changed their skin. I was very hopeful, especially since the cleanser I was using was drying me out. Initially this did nothing for me. It didn't get my skin clean enough, and left a film on my face. I woke up with little whiteheads after using it at night. I stopped using it for awhile.

I started to use it again recently (against my better judgment) and I think it is clogging my pores. It could be my moisturizer's fault as well (or a combination of the two) but I wasn't clogging until I started washing my face at night with this cleanser. I think it's too thick and creamy for my acne-prone, combination skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty bad cleanser. It did basically nothing for my skin, you might as well be cleansing your skin with water. It doesn't cleanse at all. It is also not cheap! Don't waste your money

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Soffy

My skin: I have rosacea on my nose, which makes the skin there very red and sensitive. My nose also tends to get dehydrated and flaky. The rest of my face is normal, with some impurities on the cheeks.

I got this as a birthday gift form TBS. And it did absolutely nothing. The skin on my nose is pretty much always red/pink, and this did nothing to change that, I literally saw no difference between before and after cleansing my skin with it. It didn't make things worse and it didn't dry out my skin, but I expect more form skincare. In my opinion, this would be better suited for someone with normal skin looking for something that won't aggravate the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by jmac1107

I found it really hard to get a good cleaning from this face wash, I had to use a lot of product and thats coming from someone with dry skin! Mind you it didn't dry me out which was a plus although it may have broken me out.
I did find it worked a lot better with a washcloth so I will finish it but definitely will not repurchase

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

This is probably the least effective cleanser I have ever used. I tried it twice, once with cotton wool then with a hot cloth. I always do a double cleanse on a night followed by a toner, so I know not to rely on just one cleanser for make-up removal. This didn't seem to lift much dirt off my skin at all. Rubbish.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this to remove my make up and then a separate facial wash to clean the skin. It's soft and pleasant smelling and doesn't cause any skin irritation. It could do with better packaging as it becomes difficult to squeeze out the bottle. I solve this minor problem by storing it upside down.

The trick to this is to really massage it into the skin - really, really massage it! then wash off with warm water and a cotton wash cloth. Using cotton pads is simply hopeless.