November 23, 2014 | 1086 users online

Concealers - Covermark - Classic Covermark Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by missDeeblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am 40+ and have come to the time in my life where not only do I require good under eye coverage, but a concealer that does not crease into fine lines. In some cases thats a contradiction because the thicker cream is, the more likely to crease BUT this does not. It could be because the cream is quite firm, and dry matt It can go a little shiny in warmer/humid climates though

It holds and covers extremely well over dark circles, blemishes, pigmentation, scar tissue, but the *key* to this product is a fixative. I use a translucent HD powder (E.L.F) Without a fixative, it will crease, and it might travel.

To finish off, after fixative, I illuminate using Guerlain meteorites (the white balls taken from Perles Du Dragon) which offers a great light bounce against shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Nancyw314

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought this product was discontinued. I used it for years and loved it. It covered my dark circles and brightened and stayed on all day, nor was it thick, although you have to have a light hand an make sure to moisturize. The pot lasts forever. When I couldn't get it any longer, I started using Dior's long lasting in #430. Although that didn't cover as well, the color was right and I could build. I bought a bunch of tubes when they discontinued that. I have finished those tubes and I am on the hunt for a good concealer, however, the ones I tried I didn't like. It was so good to hear they still make Covermark. Going to buy some now!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Rainbowapple

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the Covermark in Pale Beige. Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Beeswax, Talc, Magnesium, Carbonate, Iron Oxides, Propylparaben, Fragrance 1-800-524-1120

In spite of my hesitation at the standard 'nasties' contained in this product, that many potential consumers may have difficulties with (like Mineral Oil and parabens), nothing covers quite like this. This needs a lot of blending, but is highly effective on scars. I've also used it in a job interview - and I got the job - and it was very effective. Nothing covers like this!. I probably would re-buy, if I ever ran out, but I doubt that I'll run out anytime soon. I have numerous surgical scars, from head to foot, and this classic covers it all!.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 5:40:00 PM More reviews by crybaby

Having a birthmark on the side of your face is the pits. I've been covering it since I was fourteen, and this stuff is the best product I've used so far. I think the fact that the creator of the product also had a birthmark makes the difference. I use the True Beige shade, and it's perfect for covering up the reddish color against my light olive toned skin. I first used the Peach Beige, but it was a little TOO peach (but I did make due). It's truly long lasting... I apply it every morning and it will stay put until I wash it off. I can go to work, sweat, go out all night, and it doesn't budge! I don't even use the finishing powder they suggest, but I do use my own regular makeup/powder. Oh, and the pot lasts forever. Well, at least six months!
I don't recommend the Classic Concealer for normal everyday blemishes, it's made for major things like birthmarks, burns, scars, tattoos, etc. It's a bit heavy for anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this based on the recommendation of the prior reviewer. She was kind enough to notice my not so hot review of another concealer (Aucoin/SSE) and took the time to send me an email about this one. I ordered it at Covermark online (the customer service and help with color selection was totally great)! This is the BEST concealer I have ever used......doesn't cake, goes on smooth and easy, but really CONCEALS (at last a concealer that does what it says). It lasts all day without looking heavy, either. I have a few persistent almost impossible to cover dark spots, some rosacea and some broken capillaries, but I look 100% flawless after applying this. It goes on great with fingers or with a concealer brush. My new fav concealer!!!!!!!!!! Definitely recommend and will rebuy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Phoenix

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for "Classic Covermark" Concealer which comes in a pot

This is my HG concealer. If you had a big tattoo of Frosty the Snowman on your forehead you could swipe this magical goo on there and it would disappear and leave your skin looking fresh and natural. A pot will last at least a few months, usually lasts me at least 6-10 months. I am NC20, KA SSE SX05 and I wear the Neutral Beige shade, the rose-based shades are very pink, so I recommend testing these out to find the right shade. I think all of the rose and peach based shades are unrealistic on human skin so YMMV and I hope you can find a shade that works well for you. Around the eyes it needs a primer or eye cream under so that you don't crease, but that is pretty much standard for concealing the eye area. It doesn't highlight dry flaky areas or sink into fine lines, it behaves very well and has amazing coverage, think Dermablend, but more wearable.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No