October 25, 2014 | 903 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Nail Tip Liner

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by BeckyDunmall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this tip whitener. The colour is very white which is great, and I find the small brush very easy to use although it does take a bit of practise to begin with. The polish lasts well on the nails and with a top coat it says pretty much chip free.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by TheHybred

This is probably the absolute worst nail polish I have ever wasted my money on. The polish is streaky and extremely difficult to apply with the brush. I am a lot better at french tipping my nails with a standard brush than this stiff slanted one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by odanit

I actually think this is a decent product. The tricky part is application: you must use a small amount, run the brush VERY SLOWLY across one edge of the nail tip to the other while letting the polish flow and keeping contact with the nail surface. As soon as you lift the brush and try to run it across your nail again, you get unevenness.

It looks best with one coat only as the formulation is not forgiving. You need to practice practice practice to get this right in one shot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This worked pretty well for me. It doesn't dry very fast, and I had to even out the texture a bit with some thinner, but I found the brush easier to use than a regular one. It's essentially a slanted eyeliner brush: short and stiff so you don't glop too much polish on. I did need two coats though. If they improve the texture and wear, I would definitely buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2008 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Domitilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it's not opaque, it needs to sit for hours before getting completely dry, and gets gloopy and very thick after a few weeks in the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2008 3:36:00 PM More reviews by vitaminas

This polish is very bad, the brush is strange and i cannot use it.It sucks.It really does.And it also gets very thick after a while...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by mel2

Only tried this a couple of times so could change me marks when I get more used to it, but I find this too light to apply unlike everyone else, just runs when I try and do a straight line!
Also find it hard to apply as its shaped to try and help do the nail tip, I reckon I'd find it easier if it was like a normal brush.
Really like the colour though as it's a really white colour and does last a while, but then I'll see if I get used to the brush more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

It's thick so you don't get streaks. I use this all over my nails because stark white nails are HOT for summer. Toes and fingernails, it's just a clean look. It also gets more attention, since I think the french nails have been over done.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by curlystraw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like it when whites are milkier and more see through, this polish is pretty much like putting whiteout on your nails. If you want a really powerful white though, this is good. Since this is thicker than usual polishes, you have to finish your tip in one swipe- more than that and it will be uneven with a lump wherever you overlap. And since it's so thick, I have to remove a lot of it off the brush first and then the stuff on the brush dries out too quick sometimes. So if you take a long time to make your tips perfect because you mess up easily or are a beginner, don't use this for your tips. Plus this chips really really easily, even with top coat, I can't even wash my hair without ruining my nails.
I never use this for my tips anymore, but I find that this is great for little white flower designs I do for nail art. The boldness of this white is definitely a pro for this. The fact that it's thicker than most polishes is also good in this case too, because my flowers look like they have a bit of a 3D effect happening.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by d3ndroid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A stark white polish meant for doing the tips for French manicures. I've been playing around with Frenches lately, and it's amazing what a difference using a specialty polish for tips makes. Rimmel's Nail Tip Whitener is a completely opaque "white-out white" with a thicker, chalkier consistency than regular polish. This allows for greater control and precision. I've never managed to make my tips look as tidy as I can with this.
Cons: since it goes on rather thickly it chips easily. I'm pretty easy on my nails so if it chips after 2 days for me, it will probably chip even faster for other people. continued >>