Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel

3.9

Step 1: Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Potassium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Soy Isoflavones, Disodium EDTA, Copper PCA, Zinc PCA, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Benzoate. Step 2: Water, Sodium Bicarbonate, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Resveratrol, Ubiquinone, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Soy Isoflavones, Phospholipids, Copper PCA, Sodium PCA, Zinc PCA, Simethicone, Octoxynol-9, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

I said I would repurchase this product, and I would, if I did not think I could find anything better and cheaper than this. This peel worked well enough on my skin, even if I used it every other day or every two days. However, I found the two-step process as rather inconvenient. Additionally, it is rather costly even for a good/effective alpha-hydroxyl skin peel product. I have come across other products that I think work just as well and are more cost effective. Perhaps, if I come across a good sale or discount and I have used up my other products, I will repurchase this. As for the actual product, as I have stated above, it does work well and is non-irritating to my normal-to-oily/combination skin. Usually, my skin is not particularly sensitive to products, and doesn't break out in rashes or blemishes from them. However, I think for such a product like this, irritation (or non-irritation) and effectiveness will vary person to person.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got a sample of this product and like it but I only used it for one day. I don't think I would use a product this strong on my face on a regular basis, I can see it upsetting the balance of my skin. That said, I tried it when I was starting to break out from another product and it helped that acne go away overnight as well as making my skin look nicer and smoother overall and making the lines around my eyes less noticiable. I don't see myself buying this though, because it's so expensive. I may buy the trial pack to keep for use before a special event or if my skin starts breaking out again. EDIT: Where I was starting to breakout eventually broke out anyway, this just made my skin look better temporarily.

**Please note this review is for the new Medi-Spa Alpha Beta Peel**

This peel put an end to my battle with hormonal acne that I'd been dealing with off and on for over 3 years. I received a single use sample from my local Sephora and decided to give it a try since I'd tried the original Alpha Beta Daily Peel and liked it. OH MY GOD. First of all even though I have very resilient skin I found that the original peel pads could be a bit irritating upon application, especially with prolonged daily use. The Medi-Spa peel pads are made out of a softer material, and they don't cause me any sensitivity.

The morning after I applied this, my breakouts were all gone or had been significantly reduced, and I swear my acne scar pigmentation had been reduced by almost 50%. Overnight. After just ONE use. Needless to say, I ran out and bought the full size that day. Now that my skin has cleared up so significantly I only use this once a week or so (and I cut the pads in half so instead of getting 16 applications I get 32). I no longer have to wear full coverage foundation and I'm fully confident going without makeup now.

I was worried I wouldn't have enough of the second step (the Firming Peptide Milk) to last me 32 uses but that wasn't an issue. I used up my last peel a few months ago, and while my skin is still looking great, the few breakouts that I have been dealing with have left a mark behind so I'll be grabbing myself another box soon once I can afford to treat myself. My only issue with this product is that it's SO expensive! At $132 Canadian it's the priciest single skincare item I've ever bought but the results are worth it for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Rubbed it on in circles for about 2 minutes. Probably should have continued until the cloth was almost dry. Waited for 2 minutes then did the same with the second cloth. It stinks and I unconsciously wrinkled my nose. I figured that if it makes a difference to my skin, the smell will be worth it. It stung a little bit and my face was a shade redder than normal but nothing to be concerned about. I only had one packet sample. Since it suggests not to use anything with alcohol, I dabbed a little jojoba oil for the night.

Maybe if I had tried it a few more times, I would definitely see a difference but the price is prohibitive. Wish I had known about cutting the cloth into smaller pieces. The next day, my face was not red or puffy from the treatment. I may buy a package when my wallet is feeling fat (ya, right).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy Grail / Cult like status! I LOVE this product. I am @ 40 yrs old and a less is more when it comes to skincare kind of person. I for the most part just was my face - sometimes with a Clarisonic type brush, add moisturizer and use SPF. I decided to up my game and asked the lady at Sephora what one product I should try. She gave me a sample and I knew the next day - it's a two step process. You wipe your face with one little pad, wait two minutes and then wipe with the other...for me, it did tingle during application. I was worried it would make me red and I had a big beach day the next day...no problems!
This is a powerful and strong product that delivers. It is super expensive. I won't use these every day because I think it would be too much for my face to handle. Will use these once or twice a week. Super happy I tried it. Bought it! Definitely sample before committing.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Using the first tme, I noticed an immediate difference in the clarity of my skin - my pores looked smaller and the overall look of my complexion looked fresher.

I'm using the pads every 3 days and when they run out, I think I will try another brand as they cost so much

*update* The downside of buying these in a tub, is I'm sure they become less effective once the product is exposed to air. My advice is buy in sealed packets.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got a handful of these as a gift and I was intrigued. I use the UnWrinkle Peel Pads from PTR pretty religiously and these are pretty similar to the PTR ones. What I like a lot about the Dr. Dennis Gross pads is the fact that I don't have to wash them off. And even though I don't wash them off my skin feels very soft after I use them. I don't use them often enough though to see a very drastic change in my skin but I do like the softness it gives my skin. I like to use them as a mid week pick me up if my skin is feeling really dull. The price of these is the only down side though. When I do decide to buy some when I run out, I won't be using them very often. If the price was a bit lower I would use them more often but the price makes me want to save them for when I really need them. Over all though, I do like the feel they give my skin even if I don't see any drastic results.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

These are great as a once in a while treat. I'll buy the 5 peel sample box from by the till at Sephora. They're crazy expensive. If I could afford it, I'd use them once or twice a week and buy the big box, but at $110 it's a little rich for me.
The smell is horrific, but they work. I use these if I'm having a particularly bad breakout. These peels seem to clear things up quickly.

I find this to be very weak and there isnít near enough of a difference to justify the price. I used an entire box but I still prefer a 10-14% glycolic cleanser. I was no more smoother or clearer after this also I found this really drying. If you like peel pads I recommend the Peter Thomas Roth Max correction pads, they are 20% acid, they make a huge difference and are easier to use since its only one step. I leave them on overnight and they are moisturising. I highly recommend you sample this before you make the plunge to buy a box. These have not proved to be value for money for me and there are many other products I have found to be far more effectively, namely PTR and Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel. If you are a seasoned AHA user, I would say skip these. If you are sensitive, new to AHA, give these a go.

I really love this product. I don't use it often because I find it can be a little harsh. I only use this product maybe once every two weeks or so? I can often go longer in between because it takes a little bit more time than I'm usually willing to dedicate to my skin care routine (what can I say, I'm a wash and go kind of girl. This product takes about 5 - 10 minutes to use. you need to rub the pad around until it's close to being dry, wait for two minutes and then repeat with Step 2). If you are prone to break outs, I would say pass this product by, as it would only irritate it. Overall, I find it really does "refinish" my skin. It leaves it very smooth and supple. Perhaps I don't use it often enough, but I don't find that my acne scars get any lighter, but it doesn't make them any redder. I think that this is a true indulgence type of product, as you can't use it often enough to see the full results, but when you do use it, it makes the skin feel good.