December 21, 2014 | 989 users online

Treatments (Face) - Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare - Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my first experience with a daily peel system. Works every well. I have acne prone skin and I did experience a "purge" skin issue for the first week of use. After that week, I loved the results. I opted to purchase a 30 day supply which each pad was individually sealed rather than in a jar. I plan on repurchasing a larger supply when I am done with my PTR glycolic gel. (I hate to waste)

I used it at night.
1. Cleanse with Philosophy purity
2. Rosewater toner (health food store)
3. Eye cream, ceramide from MB
4. Peel
5. serum
6. Argan oil

It is a very simple 2 step peel. Swipe on step 1. Wait 2 minutes. (I usually will brush my teeth...I have a timed oral b electric tooth brush. ) Then I will swipe on step 2. Let it full dry before I proceed with my serum.

Its a splurge, but it's anti-aging, anti-acne, anti-wrinkle product. Plus it's super easy. As soon as I"m done with my PTR glycolic gel this peel will be may new favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by emcook70

Like many reviewers, I'm in LOVE with this product. Since others have done a superb job describing the benefits, I will just share a value-added hint. After treating my face, I also use the pads on the tops of my hands. I'm in my early 40s and I've noticed that some UV damage is starting to show on my hands. No question that I'm seeing some improvement in skin tone. Makes me feel slightly less guilty about this monthly splurge!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This review is for the same peel but in wipes. Instructions suggest to apply it am and pm everyday, but since it is so expensive $110 for 30 uses, I decided to only use it every other night. I am bothering to write a review after 2nd use because I already see results! My skin has uneven tone, acne, large pores and rough surface. Right now it didn't fix all of that but helped with making it soft and actually reduced amount and size of my break outs. I will update after I finish the product, but so far it's working!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Vanhusk

The only reason I couldn't give this product 5/5 is the price. It is a miracle product, erasing fine lines, evening skin tone and for me the best part was balancing oil. I went from combination skin to normal! Apart from sometimes stinging a little upon application, this product also worked without irritating my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupnails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 38 years old, and have suffered with skin breakouts since I was 14years old. I have been using this product for a few years now, and I have to say that this stuff is amazing. It's smooths and clears your pores. makes your skin glow! It is worth every penny. Before I bought the product, I went to Sephora...and asked for some samples....I was hooked after that. You see the results from one use!! Try it, and see for yourself :-D

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is your best bet before paying a lot for a professional spa facial peel.
Same result for a lot less. Wear sunscreen the whole week following treatment.
Happy with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by eponine25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow - I don't think I've ever used a product that made such a rapid difference to my skin. I have sensitive skin but it actually responds really well to acids generally. Still, nothing I've ever used has been like THIS. I have combination skin with large pores around my nose, occasional acne and hyperpigmentation. Plus lately my skin had just been looking dry and kind of meh. I started using this on the recommendation of a Sephora sales rep and, I kid you not, one week later I'm no longer bothering with foundation. I really really hope this keeps working as well as it has been. If it does, I will repurchase forever, cost be damned.

UPDATED: Sadly, after a few weeks of use, this started making me break out in tiny, irritated acne bumps on my forehead -- and I NEVER break out there. I eliminated all other possible causes - it had to be the pads. I'm going back to buying a DIY lactic acid peel from Amazon and using it once a week. Hopefully my forehead will clear up!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by laqueen77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this two step process for about two months now. I feel like my face is smoother and my pores are smaller. I was hoping the brown spot on one of my cheeks would have faded a bit more by now but definitely feel like my face is better with this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I concur with most of the positive reviews. I only wish I didn't have to wait 2 m in between steps but I've worked it in to my routine (even when in a hurry, which is most of the time).

I was reticent to use this product because (1) I had/have dry skin that was flaking in some areas and (2) I use Tretinoin ,05% at night (Retin-A). Wasn't sure if it was all a little too much of a good thing. But it is just fine.

My skin can take the extra strength but I found that the regular formula is sufficient, particularly if you are using other serums/creams/etc. like Retinoids in the PM. I heard that some people alternate nightly but I use these in the AM and my Retinoid in the PM. It's been great! I suppose what put me over the fence (I was hedging a long time before trying), was the a Retinoid helps the turnover but you still need something to exfoliate the skin to lighten, brighten, etc. The retinoid isn't an exfoliant, in other words. So the two paired together have really done wonders for my skin.

I will be repurchasing and using as a staple in my routine. I have no issues with the packaging, no issues with drying out. The individually packaged pads are naturally better for travel, as you can't really "depot" the other pads. But these are all minor issues and don't deter away from what is otherwise a very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Lexieloveee