The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Shower Gel

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've used this since the early 2000's. The only shower gel I buy; the scent is chocolaty and sweet and it lathers nicely. The scent fades quite quickly-and see also my body lotion review-but for a fragrant shower/bath(I absolutely consider bubble bath and body wash interchangeable), that leaves the skin feeling soft and and faintly sweet-smelling, this is great. The packaging is regular Body Shop that we all recognize from the past billion years, and I think the price index is pretty reasonable--there are CONSTANTLY sales going on at TBS and I rarely pay full price for any specific product, and when I do, it's not outrageous.

on 12/22/2012 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been to the Body Shop a total of one time in my life. I came, I saw, I left with some Body Butter that I wasn't all that thrilled with. As a result, I wasn't too interested in going back and haven't.

While browsing in HomeGoods of all places, I saw a slew of Body Shop products at half price. I figured trying a body wash after all these years couldn't hurt, so I picked up the Cocoa Butter Shower Gel. I'm still not sure about the Body Shop's other products but I really love this product. It actually is hydrating and super creamy. You don't need a ton to create a good, rich lather and the smell is great. While I love the effects of cocoa butter, I'm not too crazy about the smell. Somehow, the Body Shop got all the good qualities of cocoa butter without the overwhelming smell of Coppertone.

I like this shower gel so much I went back and got two more bottles that were on clearance no less! I likely won't be traveling back to the Body Shop again, but if their products keep popping up at discount stores, I have no problem trying them out.

on 4/12/2011 8:00:00 AM

I can't beleive they're so little reviews for this product. It's a great shower gel. Non drying and gentle. I use it in the summer with the Cocoa Butter Lotion. Not expensive, the small size is worth a try.

on 7/6/2007 11:29:00 PM

The other reviewer is right - this soap is super hydrating. I bought it when I moved out to California and my skin was freaking out. It calmed my skin down and made it almost soft. But I agree - I don't like the smell. Not gross or anything but just not pleasant.

on 3/13/2007 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is by far the most hydrating shower gel I have ever used. I don't even really need body lotion on my dry winter skin after using this shower gel, and it leaves my skin soft, not greasy. The only caveat: The smell. I don't like the smell very much, but it doesn't last after the shower. Cocoa Butter Shower Gel does NOT smell like cocoa butter, so you cocoa butter lovers out there may be disappointed. I will still definitely repurchase for its moisturizing effects.

Popular Gels/Soaps