August 29, 2014 | 1708 users online

Highlighters - Clinique - Fresh Bloom AllOver Colour - Peony

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by lovelytyagi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Thanks to all for the reviews.
I will definitely purchase this one now...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE: I've used this all summer, and this is one of the rare products I really really love! It's a gorgeous highlighter, an amazing blush and perfect to liven my face up even after several sleepless nights :)

This is the best highlighter I've ever had! I'm very picky when it comes to shimmery products - I don't want people to be able to tell that I'm wearing highlighter, even when they are very up-close. I have tried a few other highlighters before: The Loumanizer from The Balm, Soleil Tan de Chanel liquid highlighter, FaceFrontCosmetics Cream Illuminator in Rising Sun, Givenchy Prismissime Mat and Glow, The Body Shop's Tinted Glow highlighter, YSL Touche Eclat, and probably a few more that I currently can't remember. My skin mostly varies between NC15-25 throughout the year, currently I'm about an NC20. Very yellow, sensitive skin.

From these products I found out:

- I like powder highlighters. Cream or liquid highlighters are better to use over liquid foundation or if you don't wear foundation at all. They are more difficult to wear with powder foundation - either you can risk it balling up when you apply the highlighter over, or it not showing up when the highlighter is under the powder
- I like slightly tan highlighters, which give the effect of both a little bit of sun and glow
- I like the shimmer to be very small
- I would rather have a products that is hard to overdo than ever risking looking like a disco ball (the case with the Loumanizer... the shimmer in it is... pretty obvious to me)

I love the Clinique Bloom AllOver in Peony because:

- powder
- when the two lightest colour (a champagne and a peachy terracotta) are blended together and applied on my face, I get a very healthy-looking, natural peachy-tan glow that doesn't look the slightest bit dirty on me. I like to apply the highlighter on the top of my forehead, top of my cheek bones and my nose-tip. The colour looks like my natural tan. If you want more of a champagne/lighter colour, you can check out this highlighter in "Almond Blossom"
- very fine, pearlarized shimmer! If you pack it on, you will be able to see it, but if applied moderately, people won't notice :)
- hard to overdo
- doesn't break me out or clog my pores
- looks quite beautiful in the package
- the price (if you just search a little, you can find this for very cheap): I got mine for about $9
- doesn't make me oily during the day, doesn't irritate or clog pores
- lasts all day
- looks super-natural if applied lightly, but can be built up

What I dislike about the highlighter:

- if you have light skin and apply too much of this, you will look like you were out in the sun for a little too long
- when there are 3 separate colours, it is quite hard to judge that it would look like on the face when they are blended together. However, Clinique also makes these highlighters in a pre-blended form, called Peony 11, not Peony 01. Unfortunately for me, the plum colour makes the pre-blended highlighter more of a blush for me, considering my very yellow complexion - for other people this might be more of a bronzer
- you might get a little blotch of plum if you dip your brush in it without noticing (which has not really happened to me though). This can be fixed by using the inside of the lid to blend the colours together, if you have the type of blush without a mirror (mirror can therefore be seen as pro or con)

For me, this is the best highlighter ever - it does exactly what I want it to do: colour-wise, effect-wise n wear-wise - I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I bought it and wore it on a recent trip to Kaua'i where I saw people I hadn't seen in years and I got compliment after compliment on how radiant and great I looked. I had to chalk some of those compliments up to this nifty product, which I wear every day now as my blush. I really wanted to get the Peony colour, and I was looking for the two-toned cake. However the SA told me the new Peony was exactly the same product, but not in two tones, because of the tendency for it to break - so they blended it. Good for Clinique for responding to product issues! A great product - get it if you can!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by valentinamqzl

Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by karen360

This is my favorite blush of all time. I've tried lots of other blushes but nothing compares to this one.
A very good high lighter and blusher in one, the color is very natural and gorgeous.
I got a sample of it when I purchased some skin care products and the sample lasted me more than a year.
Definitely going to purchase a full size one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Bibijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. Fresh bloom is exactly the result you get, a subtle gleam and a touch of colour, works perfectly as highlighter and for contouring and shaping the face.
I am not skilled with make up but this is effortless, you simply can't go wrong!
I use it all over the face to add a dewy glow.
I managed to get hold of the now discontinued shade 01 Peony, which is subtle and beautiful. The sales people at Clinique have told me that the new replacement shade New Peony blend 11 is exactly the same in terms of end result (although it looks darker in the compact). I'd love to hear from anyone who's tried both shades as to how they compare, but in any case, I highly recommend this wonderful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by edamameb

This is an incredibly pretty product and sadly underrated. It's a gorgeous highlighter for your entire face and it's hard to "overdo". I really do hate that the product crumbles so easily though, and that makes it hard to travel with. Clinique's website regularly gives out a travel sized version with purchases (subscribe to their website and find out when) and honestly there is no point paying for it when the sample is very generous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by stls

That was surprising! I got the sample size for free and I didn't expect much but it proved to be pretty good.
First of all I have fair skin and I use it as a blush.
The color is a subtle natural fleshy pink with glowy sheen- there's no way to look like a clown with it. Nothing OTT here in terms of particles (actually, makes my MAC Petticoat look like a gritty mess in comparison), just makes your cheeks look sculpted, radiant and fresh with the finest luminosity! What impressed me most is that my face looks incredibly smooth even when it's not really- it must be the light defused in such an ideal way...
Also the texture is very fine, velvety and easy to apply evenly.
Why is a lipstick missing then? Well, my only complain is that sometimes it did oxidize and turn somewhat muddy on me. Sigh...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I love this blush so much! It's my HG. I have cool toned porcelain skin, and blushes usually make my skin look red, not pretty or glowy. It was only $25 and it lasted forever. I had only used half of it in 2 years with daily use but I dropped it and it broke. I'll definitely buy it again though.
It is slightly shimmery in the pan, but it doesn't look shimmery on. It adds a beautiful pink flush while also highlighting. I have gotten so many complements while wearing this. It's almost completely mistake proof. SO easy to apply, so natural looking..it's just perfect. The mirror is great, the design is so pretty. I think this would look gorgeous on almost every skin tone and I definitely recommend it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by ca06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have very sensitive skin, fair to medium tone and always had a hard time finding blush that complimented my skin tone and didn't make me break out. This did both. I used it as blush or bronzer and even to contour/highlight. My only complaint is the packaging. It's very sensitive to movement and the palette cracks easily, making it a huge mess and difficult to isolate the colors you want to use -- meaning it probably isn't going to fair well being lugged around in your purse or make up bag all day. I will definitely buy this again and make sure to keep it in a nice stationary location.