December 19, 2014 | 1593 users online

Skincare - Face - Skinceuticals - Phyto+ (previously Primacy Phyto+ serum)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was an absolute waste of money for me. It didn't do anything for my skin, and certainly did not help with any hyperpigmentation or redness. I wouldn't have disliked it this much if it had some hydrating effect, but it didn't do that either. What I couldn't stand was the stickiness afterwards-- my skin just felt really tacky and my hair kept sticking to my skin. I also don't understand why Skinceuticals puts fragrance in this serum, wish it was unscented. Will never buy anything from this brand again. I had much better luck with pigmentation from using rosehip oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by nb55

I am over the Skinceuticals dropper packaging, it just seems like a terrible way to continually contaminate the products. However, while I have found other Vitamin C serums to replace the Skinceuticals Phloretin and other products to replace the Skinceuticals BHA serum, I still have bought this. It is the thymol (same bacteria killer found in Seventh Generation disinfecting wipes) derived from the herb thyme found in this product that kept my skin perfectly clear. I haven't used it for a few months but I am eagerly awaiting a new delivery.

The only thing that irks/annoys me about this product is that Skinceuticals has a nearly identical product (same green color, dropper) with almost the exact same ingredient list for less $. I know this is supposed to be more for discoloration but, still- what is the deal?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by beautytestlab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used Skinceuticals Phyto+ for 3 months religiously, 3 drops each day and night. I have combination skin which tends to be rather sensitive and dry in the winter time. This product comes in a dropper bottle and is bright green in color. It has a pleasant grassy herbal scent. Although it's quite pricy at $78/bottle, it lasted me almost 3 - 4 months.

I have quite a lot of hyperpigmentation/freckles from sun exposure and I'm in my late 20's. I found that Phyto+ worked well to reduce the redness in my skin, even out my skin tone and give it an overall glow. My freckles faded slightly, but I think I'll need to continue using it probably with an AHA exfoliant or retinol.

Overall, happy with this brightener and I would repurchase.

You can see the before/after picture on my blog at:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by gribble

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently, I was extremely naughty/stupid and picked at my face/used a few overly strong products and left myself with the worst patch of post-acne pigmentation I've had for quite a while. I mean like mutilating almost my entire right cheek, I felt like a miserable teenager again.
Started using this on a particularly bad patch of red/brown, unbroken acne scars and although it has only been a few days I am incredibly impressed with the way my skin has cleared up. These scars take easily 1.5 months - 3 months to fade and the rate they are fading over the last few days after using this product is really impressive. It feels nice on the face, very soothing. It is a cooling green serum, a tad sticky on the dry down but nothing too extreme. I will certainly update over the next few weeks but I think I've found a real winner.

UPDATE: It has been just over a week now using this twice a day, and frankly the results are flabbergasting. A huge patch of pigment scarring that would normally take weeks to fade is now barely visible - and the texture of my skin is so much more refined I cannot believe it. Honestly, this has made me feel like a human being fit for public appearance again. I cannot praise this enough, HOLY GRAIL.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by sublimation17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've bought this product after reading the MUA reviews and I'm happy with it so far. Of course this is not a panacea for hyperpigmentation but it really works on me. Dark areas on my face became much lighter after three weeks of faithful use. Some hyperpigmentation spots turned into small isles and freckles (much lighter once). I like this product but I gave it 4 lippies because I don't like its green color and because it takes quiet a while to be absorbed by skin (of course I expected it to be a panacea or HG)))).
Phyto + simplified my skincare daily routine: I stopped using my day moisturizer because with Phyto+ I don't need it any more. I spread 5 drops of the product over cleansed and toned face and follow with SPF 50 sunscreen. Sometimes I use night cream in the evening.
I've noticed one positive side effect as well: sometimes I get small breakouts during my period and this treatment seems to prevent it. Phyto+ has definitely improved general condition of my skin and its tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by fancypants123

I have used this product for several years now. I started using this for discoloration during my 1st pregnancy. I could feed a small country with what I spend on skin care products, so I tried to streamline a few months ago. I don't feel this really does a great job with its labeled use (hyperpigmentation) and it is very costly, so when my bottle ran out, I didn't repurchase. Big mistake! For some weird reason I broke out. My aesthetician and I were puzzled, until I told her I had stopped using the phyto +. She agreed it isn't the best product for hyperpigmentation, but said she has seen great results in acne treatment. I started using it again about a month ago, and my skin is back on track! I took off a couple of lippies because it doesn't treat hyperpigmentation well for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Bonnerka

I will try any product which promises to eliminate freckles - mine are in really weird parts of my face and make it look blemished rather than cute. I have been using SPF all year round for years now, but I have some stubborn freckles acquired ages ago. I would say that this serum evened my skintone and whitened the acne scars and discoloration, but the freckles stayed put. I think overall my skin looked and felt in better condition, but it didn't remove the pigmentation. I love the bottle and the pippette, very clean and professional.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by skkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't work. At all. Cost a fortune.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product since 2007. I first used it to help with a horrible scar that came from cystic acne. I applied it while the acne was still there, and it sped up healing time and prevented discoloration. I was amazed. Since then I have been hooked.

I use it to lighten dark spots, and to treat acne (usually that I have picked at) that looks like it might leave a mark. It works everytime, and for that reason I will remain a faithful consumer of this product. My first bottle lasted about 2 years and didn't lose effectiveness. I have even used it to lighten a burn scar I got on my shoulder.

I like the packaging because it allows you to control what you dispense. I found that to get more punch, you apply a little bit of the liquid, let it sit, then reapply another light layer of liquid. I do this in the evening, but I have worn successfully under makeup before.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by vanitygal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although this product is pricey, it had excellent Fabulous brightening results for the skin. I first took notice of this product after seeing a LUMINOUS veil on my mums skin and she is in her 50's, and she was first using this product.

Then i started using this product, and then my friends saw me and noticed the difference in brightening and luminosity immediately, they thought it was my new make up brand or something, but it was becos i started using this product. It gave me a remarkable luminence and overall brightening effect the hydroquinone did not give. Cos hydroq" does lighten dark spots, BUT it does not provide skin with luminence and brightening thats its almost like you have ur own lighting crew following you.

Another advantage it has over Hyrdoq" is that it provides hydrating and moisturising effects on skin that Hydroq" does not give. I also had very sensitive skin at the time of first use, however, this product was gentle enough to not effect it.

The only downfall is its pricey, but if something works, then every dollar is worth it. better to buy one expensive product than a ton of products that dont work. You can mix this product with SkinC hydrating B5 gel.