Tocca Florence Perfume

3.8

on 9/1/2015 7:13:00 AM

I bought a small rollerball of Florence after reading all the good reviews on it. I have to say, I did make a mistake and should have tried this first.

On paper this sounds like my ideal fragrance with bergamot, pear, and white woods. Although the fragrance is very feminine and floral, it really is not for me. I do prefer something more delicate and airy, not this cloying floral fragrance which is heavy on the gardenia. In fact initially all I can smell is gardenia, and it overshadows all of the other notes. After a few minutes, I can detect the fruitiness of the apple and pear, and a hint of tuberose, but Florence is still overwhelmingly gardenia.

I did not spend much on this fragrance, so I am not too disappointed. But I will not make this mistake again and I will always sample first.

on 6/15/2015 10:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Maybe my favorite perfume. Smells like a fancy shampoo, very clean and pretty. Works well in a variety of settings.

on 11/1/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Tocca perfumes first caught my attention because of the lovely packaging. I tested 4 different scent and fell in love with Florence. I got the 15 ml small bottle. The bottle is lovely and very convenient for carrying everyday with me in my bag even though it's not spray bottle. I use my finger tip dab a little on my neck and wrists. The scent is very energizing, seems to perk me up whenever I feel tired or sleepy. I also got compliment while wearing this, but the scent doesn't last long.

on 9/20/2014 12:40:00 AM

Florence by Tocca is definitely a winner in my book, It's a warm floral scent that is sweet and mild, not overpowering like some. I smell gardenia, violet and Jasmine and this perfume has a great lingering effect, it does have a familiar scent to me, Tocca perfumes I think have tendency to smell like other perfumes this scent reminds me alot of an Usher perfume I had a long time ago, but this one smells less cheap.

on 8/28/2014 12:33:00 PM

Honestly, I didn't want to like this. Starts off apple/pear fruit, maybe a little citrus, then a whole lot of gardenia and tuberose, little bit of jasmine, and then ends with some white musk. Also, unlike most of the other Tocca fragrances, this one lasts on me from 7:30 a.m. until I shower at night.

Full bottles, although they're gorgeous, are expensive ($68 for 1.7 oz dab bottle), but I bought several of the $10 travel duos from Sephora ($10 for .33 oz plus a 2oz handcream), which softens the price a little, plus I can put the smaller size in my purse without it leaking.

This does remind me of a fresher, fruitier Michael Kors, but in a much, much prettier bottle.

on 6/15/2014 6:25:00 AM

I was hoping that something named Florence would have at least a suggestion of iris. But no. This is a green gardenia with some rose in the drydown. Very fresh soft and lilting. Just fine if you like that or want it. It would be lovely on a summer evening. For me? I was looking for something more regal and Medici.

on 6/11/2014 11:34:00 AM

First off, let me say that I respect the Tocca line of fragrances. They are all very individual from one another and seem not to be overly duplicative of fragrances from other lines.

I have and love both Stella and their newest one, Simone. I have tested a few others with less enthusiasm. I tested Florence yesterday and left her on as long as I could manage it.

But it was a struggle because she simply suffocates. What's strange is that a test on a paper strip was strong but interesting enough for me to apply it to my skin.

It never lost that overwhelming punch in the face, a true frontal assault. What should have dried down or at least morphed into something a bit more subtle just seemed even to increase in intensity.

I strongly advise test-driving this one to make sure that you don't get a pounding headache or get nauseated or both.

on 4/7/2014 3:33:00 PM

LOVE! It is like Frederic Malle carnal flower for poor people lol... Smells girly and fresh and they have bodywash too, def reccomend.

on 12/13/2013 10:30:00 AM

Florence EDP, along with the body cream, has become my signature scent. It's very feminine, but also elegant. There's nothing sexy or mysterious about it, and sometimes you just want to smell great rather than make a bold statement. I garden, so love the fragrance of flowers. Folks who prefer food, spicy or citrus notes won't care for this.

The Florence body cream is amazing used as a base for the EDP. The scents are different, but quite complementary. I've heard the body cream described as being "old lady-ish" because of the rose notes, but to me it's retro and classic in a cool timeless way. In a world filled with the aforementioned spice and citrus, and food notes, old standards like Florence stand out in the crowd.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a lovely and unique fragrance. Unfortunately, it makes me sneeze every time I wear it! I'm not sure what's in this that irritates my nose, but sadly this one is not for me.

Popular Fragrances