October 23, 2014 | 860 users online

Fragrances - Tocca - Florence Perfume

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by kassijade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Florence by Tocca is definitely a winner in my book, It's a warm floral scent that is sweet and mild, not overpowering like some. I smell gardenia, violet and Jasmine and this perfume has a great lingering effect, it does have a familiar scent to me, Tocca perfumes I think have tendency to smell like other perfumes this scent reminds me alot of an Usher perfume I had a long time ago, but this one smells less cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ejmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Honestly, I didn't want to like this. Starts off apple/pear fruit, maybe a little citrus, then a whole lot of gardenia and tuberose, little bit of jasmine, and then ends with some white musk. Also, unlike most of the other Tocca fragrances, this one lasts on me from 7:30 a.m. until I shower at night.

Full bottles, although they're gorgeous, are expensive ($68 for 1.7 oz dab bottle), but I bought several of the $10 travel duos from Sephora ($10 for .33 oz plus a 2oz handcream), which softens the price a little, plus I can put the smaller size in my purse without it leaking.

This does remind me of a fresher, fruitier Michael Kors, but in a much, much prettier bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by LyrA236

I was hoping that something named Florence would have at least a suggestion of iris. But no. This is a green gardenia with some rose in the drydown. Very fresh soft and lilting. Just fine if you like that or want it. It would be lovely on a summer evening. For me? I was looking for something more regal and Medici.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, let me say that I respect the Tocca line of fragrances. They are all very individual from one another and seem not to be overly duplicative of fragrances from other lines.

I have and love both Stella and their newest one, Simone. I have tested a few others with less enthusiasm. I tested Florence yesterday and left her on as long as I could manage it.

But it was a struggle because she simply suffocates. What's strange is that a test on a paper strip was strong but interesting enough for me to apply it to my skin.

It never lost that overwhelming punch in the face, a true frontal assault. What should have dried down or at least morphed into something a bit more subtle just seemed even to increase in intensity.

I strongly advise test-driving this one to make sure that you don't get a pounding headache or get nauseated or both.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Radha8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE! It is like Frederic Malle carnal flower for poor people lol... Smells girly and fresh and they have bodywash too, def reccomend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaD

Florence EDP, along with the body cream, has become my signature scent. It's very feminine, but also elegant. There's nothing sexy or mysterious about it, and sometimes you just want to smell great rather than make a bold statement. I garden, so love the fragrance of flowers. Folks who prefer food, spicy or citrus notes won't care for this.

The Florence body cream is amazing used as a base for the EDP. The scents are different, but quite complementary. I've heard the body cream described as being "old lady-ish" because of the rose notes, but to me it's retro and classic in a cool timeless way. In a world filled with the aforementioned spice and citrus, and food notes, old standards like Florence stand out in the crowd.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is a lovely and unique fragrance. Unfortunately, it makes me sneeze every time I wear it! I'm not sure what's in this that irritates my nose, but sadly this one is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by catlike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this perfume! I get so many compliments on it, from men and women alike. I see some reviewers don't get staying power, but I do. At first there are citrus notes, but those soften to a deep floral. Very feminine and romantic. When I purchased this, I looked at all the variations and picked the ones with notes I thought I would like. After waiting the mandatory half-hour or more, this one turned out to be the best on me, which was surprising, because it was the least of the 4 or so I that thought I would like.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by BananaTree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love how girly Florence makes me feel.
I like it just as much as I like Colette, but this one is definitely more floral and sweet. The downside is that it does tend to have minimal staying power :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I purchased the mini "Love Yourself" fragrance selection at Sephora and Florence is by far my favorite. The other fragrances in this set are: Colette, Bianca, Giulietta, Brigitte, Cleopatra, and Stella. If you don't have this set already, you have to get it because you can have fun sampling each deliciously scented fragrance in the cutest little box with the ingredients for each perfume listed. Florence is a heady, cheerful mixture of florals with the top note of gardenia, but the drydown note on me is more of a musky floral scent. It makes me think of old Hollywood glamour, like this would have been a scent that women in the 1930's would have worn with blood red vintage red matte lipstick. I normally never go for floral scents, but Florence is feminine and girly with an earthy edge to it. This is a perfect fragrance for spring and summer and would be great to spritz on for an instant lift to ease winter doldrums. I highly recommend trying the set, so adorable and perfect for gifts. I plan to purchase the larger bottle of Florence because I love it so much!