November 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - High Resolution Intense Recovery Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Flahh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product when I was 35, a couple of years ago, as I thought I was getting more wrinkles. I usually buy Clarins or Estee Lauder products, and this moisturiser was more expensive than either of those lines.

Anyway, I found it basically sat on the skin and didn't really sink in. So applying make-up was a problem, and if I used it at night, it got into my fringe so I had to wash my hair in the morning. I also think that it irritated my skin slightly. When I use Clarins or Estee Lauder moisturisers, my skin looks younger and velvety in the morning. This cream did not do that. Maybe I was just too young for it. It's possible that this cream is much better for the mid-fifties onwards. It just seemed way too heavy-duty for me. In which case, the sales associate should have sold me something else.

Anyway, given that it's more expensive than other luxury brands and sits on my skin like an oil slick, there's no way I would buy it again. Clarins Multi-Active Night (and the day version) suits me a million times better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mbrousse

I also received this product in a GWP. I work for Macy's in the cosmetics department and have heard what works, and what doesn't. I have been looking for a face cream that will hydrate while having some anti-aging benefits. So far this cream seems to be doing the trick. I am prone to break outs and do not have this issue with High Resolution. The only think I am concerned about are the parabins. Recently there has been lots of talk about this cancer causing ingredient, and it has scared me into looking at the ingredient list on the back of the cream. Lancome does have parabins in almost all their products. Most cosmetic companies do. However, with recent studies, I think I will be looking for an organic alternative to High Resolution.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I am almost 56 and I find this product to be great for my dry complexion. In reading the other reviews by younger users I can see that it may be a little thick in consistency for them and therefore potentially cause breakouts. But, for someone my age with dry skin it is wonderful. I put it in the refrigerator (as I do with all moisturizing products I use on my face in the am) and when I apply it my face absorbs it quickly leaving my complexion looking hydrated and feeling great. Now, do I think it gets rid of wrinkles - NO. Botox does that to some extent. And, I will admit it is very very expensive and I do not buy but one a year. I alternate it with Hydra Zen and another moisturizer by MAC but it is my favorite and I do recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this in a GWP. I have been suffering from dry skin due to winter, even though I have oily skin, I still have to moisturize very good at night. I have been using this for a week, and oh boy!!! I woke up with smooth soft skin. I havent had a break out from it, so thats great. It reminds me of Loreal Dermoexpertise line, I know loreal owns lancome so I may look there after I finish this sample. EDIT: I noticed that it burns a little after application when my skin is extra dry. I will stop use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by as8566

I got this as a GWP. I don't use this all over my face. I have one expression line wrinkle between my brows. I have been using this on that one spot and honestly it has made a noticeable difference! Probably some of this is just because the moisterizers in it plump the line, but I believe it has actually helped reduce the wrinkle. How many products actually do that? I have not used it anywhere but on that one spot.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by chocco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the new Lancome High Resolution 3X Intense Moisturizing cream. I got this as a GWP. I never used it as it must be so awful, the SA warned me not to use it! She told me every jar she had sold had been returned because it breaks out everyone who uses it. I really appreciated her warning and tossed it when I got home. I'll stick with my Absolue, thank you.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2009 11:48:00 AM More reviews by marerahappy

I got this in a GWP as well. I kept this to use from time to time as a break from my Olay skin care. What a big mistake: my skin was clear with no pimples or any major problems whatsoever, and two days after applying this stuff my forehead had like 6 or 7 zits plus a big, disgusting cyst on my right cheek.
I really have to lash out department store moisturizers in favour of Olay products since most times I use my GWPs skincare stuff (Lancome, EL, Clinique) I end up with zits and pimples, too bad because I love their makeup :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Sylvanrealm

I received this as a GWP and just love it. I'm very young for using anti-wrinkle cream, but I have noticed some forming under my eyes over the last few years (too many all-nighters for college, I suppose. That, and I am constantly squinting because I don't wear my glasses outside of class). I've tried a few other anti-wrinkle creams, including a few from lancome, and this is the only one that seems to be helping. The fine lines around my eyes have certainly decreased over the last month of use. I'm so pleased with this!

I noticed at least one other reviewer saying that it broke her out. I imagine it would do the same for me as I have very sensitive skin. This review, then, is only based on the cream used around the eye area.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 11:07:00 AM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, thank goodness I got a free sample of this-all .5 oz. of it when I bought a Lancome soap from the website. First off, it stinks-smells like cheap, stale perfume. Second, and the worst of it-it gave me the biggest, nastiest, single cystic-inflamed pimple I have ever had in my entire life-right on my inner cheek below my nose. I mean this zit just will not go away-it has been on my face for over a week and a half. It is so deep it will probably leave a scar. All due to using this cream for less than a week. I am done w/Lancome. Once I finish up my Clarifiance cleanser, that is it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 5:18:00 AM More reviews by weeks919

It does moisturize. It also breaks me out. There is waaaaay to much perfume in this cream.