Origins Eye Brightening Color Stick

on 2/5/2006 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

In theory, this pencil is a good idea. The color blue supposedly enhances the whites of your eyes, making them appear brighter, larger and more wide awake. On my medium NC30 skin, I have to apply this sparingly and blend well with my fingertips otherwise the baby blue color will stick out like a sore thumb. I’ve purchased cheap drugstore white eyeliners and I don’t think this is better even though it is more expensive. The pencil glides on and blends well but overall the product is lackluster.

on 5/15/2005 2:41:00 PM

this didn't work at all for me. i don't mind the fat pencil, and in general i like origins other products, but this didn't help me look more awake or do anything to bring out my eyes. i'll stick to my white liner. hopefully someday i'll find a better use for this product.

on 2/12/2004 1:23:00 PM

I forgot I had this stuff until I stumbled upon its reviews here. Anyway, I rifled through my immense makeup graveyard and I'm so glad I did--used sparingly, it really does give eyes a bit of 'pop.' I just line my lower rim, smudge a bit on the top of my lash line, the inner and outer corners of my eyes, and right beneath my eyebrows (sort of as highlighter) and blend. I can't really tell you why it seems to work, but it does. As far as complaints regarding its difficulty sharpening, I don't understand. If you have the Origins duel sharpener thing, it sharpens really nicely. And I can't remember how much I paid for the eye brightening stick, but I imagine it would last forever. Overall, a worthwhile and unique product, just don't get it in your lashes (especially post mascara application) as it's sort of a pain to remove (I usually just walk around all day with frosted eyelash roots, but that's just because I'm lazy).

on 1/29/2004 11:29:00 AM

I like to use this as a high lighter for those long days when I'm dragging, but there's somewhere else to go. It really makes me look perky & refreshed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wonderful product. The light blue color really wakes up your eyes. I like using this after a late night. I really think it brings out the white in my eyes too!

I love this!! It really helps define someof my eye shadow colors, and makes them stay on much longer. It looks especially great with origins sage colored eye shadow.

on 5/18/2002 3:00:00 PM

This pale blue pencil is wonderful, because it's the first eye brightening product which does keep promise and really makes my eyes pop! I use it to hide my nasty, dark under-eye circles although it's supposed to be used on the upper lash line. Since I wasn't pleased with the result there I tried it for the under-eye area and voilà it did a great job! I definitely will buy it again! No question!

on 3/31/2002 8:36:00 AM

What an interesting product. The color itself looks like a robin's egg blue in the stick, but once you blend it , it just brightens rather than adding color. I have deep-set eyes with dark coloration; I use this on the brow bone over eyeshadow and POP! Will definitely buy this again if I ever use the whole thing up!