September 22, 2014 | 1884 users online

Mascara - Jemma Kidd Makeup School - Semi-permanent lash tint

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mammazama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wanted to like this mascara, but no go. Directions say to apply very carefully; does not work like a regular mascara - more designed to tint the lashes than enhance them. Once applied, very hard to fix and if you get it under your eyes - will take forever to clean off. Too messy for me to deal with.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by mitogen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my fourth or fifth tube of Semi-Permanent Lash Tint. This mascara darkens, lengthens and maintains the curl of my lashes without smudging. The best thing about it is its smooth, rich black, slightly glossy formula. It leaves my lashes looking dark and polished without that heavy, matte, spider-like look other mascaras have.

After I curl my long, straight lashes, I can apply this mascara and curl actually stays in place. With one coat, lashes are darker and still natural looking. For a lush look, I apply three coats to make my lashes longer and thicker. I separate lashes with a metal-toothed lash comb to get a more defined look. This allows about 30 seconds for the each coat to dry before applying the next coat and also ensures that lashes won't stick together.

I have to be careful not to get any Lash Tint on my skin, as it will stain immediately. In this case, I use Revlon Makeup Eraser Pen to quickly remove it.

Last tint does not last for days as claimed, but it will look fresh from morning until night. I tried leaving it on over night and woke up with all my lashes stuck to each other. I have gotten some smudging, but mostly from due to moist skin from either sunblock or foundation under the eye. I've solved this problem by dusting a powder like Bare Minerals or MUFE HD under the eyes.

To remove, I use Lancome Bi-Facil. It gets every trace off while still being gentle. I wear contacts and remove them before removing makeup and haven't had problems.

The drawbacks of Lash Tint are: 1) It must be applying very carefully to avoid staining skin and bunched together lashes. 2) It's $22 and not easily accessible. I buy it either online or at Spack NK inside Bloomingdale's. Despite these drawbacks, I still love it and hope it won't be discontinued!

I love the long, curled and glossy look I get with Semi-Permanent Lash Tint.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2009 5:52:00 PM More reviews by ciat

Yes I would buy this again, if I can find it. I had a hard time locating some, and found it at Dermstore.
I have blonde lashes and this works to color them without layering on heavy mascara. Also I don't find that it flakes much at all,even after sleeping with it on. I also wear contacts and it doesn't bother my eyes a bit. It lasts at least 2 days on me even overnite. I have a feeling though that it will be discontinued. Too bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by lamc27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this mascara. I had raccoon eyes and it is so hard to remove. I had raccoon eyes for 72 hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by ForgetfulDebbie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this mascara doesn't do what it promises, it is still my mascara of choice. It certainly does NOT last 72 hours and you also have to be careful not to apply too much of it. If you do, it most definitely will flake, but worse, it can make your eyelashes brittle if you aren't careful. I found that if I use Sally's Lash Conditioner at night and this as my mascara, everything is cool. Also, I LOVE the look the day after I apply it. I've tried to get the same look applying kohl liner along my lower lash line, but it never looks quite as good. So, although I know it isn't one of the intended or advertised benefits of this product, it sure does work for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by loz07

OUCH! This mascara really irritated my eyes! It's a shame because I liked the concept. Unfortunately the mascara also flaked under my eyes. The tinting power is good, and my lashes were still dark after 2 or 3 days (my lashes are quite blonde towards the ends, so the tint was clear to see) If you had very dark lashes already, this would be useless. If it didn't irritate your eyes this is probably worthwhile for occasional use (if you're prepared to wipe under your eyes in the mornings).

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by sorinagrave

I bought this for my holiday and I was wise enough to get the right makeup remover for it (L'oreal De-maq Expert). That didn't mean I had an easy time getting this off my face - I had to rub over and over again.

It doesn't do much for my semi-long straight naturally dark lashes, I was hoping this would act like a waterproof mascara and enhance the look of my lashes, but the clue is in the name: this product only adds some tint which is not permanent (tried to sleep with it on and it does smudge eventually).
If you have pale lashes and want them to look natural but slightly more visible, this is ok for you, otherwise, don't bother, the only difference you will notice is on your pocket.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by LTuters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While I love the way it looks when it is on, (not clumpy, and almost a glossy black) it is nearly impossible to get off and cost me a good bunch of my lashes. The "permanent" part would be fine, (given the name of the product is "semi-permanent" I assumed as much) except no matter what I did to take it off at night I would wake up with it under my eyes in the morning, and because it is "permanent" you really have to go at it with the eye makeup remover to get it off, which left the skin beneath my eyes a bit raw. Not impressed. I tried several eye makeup removers and couldn't find one that did the trick. If I was desperate to wear mascara to a pool party this is the one I'd wear, but I wouldn't put up with it for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by ajs92

I love this product! Its the only mascara I've used that doesn't leave me with racoon eyes or any smudging at all. I use my finger to put a tiny bit of loose powder under my lower eyelashes after I put it on and it doesn't move until I take it off at night no matter what the weather is like, unlike literally every other mascara I've ever used. The flip side is that its very hard to take off. After some trial and error I've found that Clinique's Take the Day Off is the only eye makeup remover that will take it off completely (Lancome's Bi-Facil, my previous waterproof staple, doesn't work). LOVE!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by SqueakyClean

I really wanted to like this mascara, but it was a disappointment. It was hard to apply b/c it left clumps at the ends of my lashes. It left my lashes really matte and dry looking. My lashes are already dark, so I didn't notice any staining effect, but it might do that for people with lighter-colored lashes. I've used cheapo d/s mascara that works better than this for me.