September 21, 2014 | 2064 users online

Moisturizers - Kanebo - Sensai Silk Emulsion Moist

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Valentina200

This is a nice moisturizer, albeit very basic. It has a barely noticeable scent, did not break me out, & moisturized my skin well without making it more oily. However, I wouldn't consider this a HG product, because I don't think it has done anything for my skin really, but it'll do for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this stuff. It fixed the dry patches that I usually get in the winter. I wasn't sure if it's worth the money because before that I used a Dior serum and a Clinique gel and saw that the high price doesn't guarantee quality but I was wrong. This is super moisturizing (and it isn't even the most moisturizing version), feels so light on the skin and smells nice.
I would prefer if the bottle wasn't made out of glass but I like the fact it has a pump. There's also sooooooo much product in the bottle than it will probably take me another year to use it up.
Some other creams might temporarily fix the appearance of dry patches but with this stuff mine were gone in a day or two and they only reappeared after three or four days if I stopped using it. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by middlemarch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Light and silky soft moisturizer that offers more moist than any other brand I've tried. It's also a good base for foundation/makeup. Comes in a luxurious pump bottle which is hygenic. Since it's so light one pump is enough for my face. The texture reminds me of Biotherms lightweight body lotions. I skip step 1, Sensai Silk Softening Lotion Moist, a "sugar syrup" not for me (I've written a review of that product as well).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not really something special, just a very lightweight moisturizer, has some very good ingredients, but nothing extraordinary. I liked that it absorbs almost instantly and has no strong scent. Doesn't break me out and doesn't get oily/greasy. But I have to use a lot of it every time, sometimes I apply even twice, my skin drinks it all up. I use it as a in-between step between serum and my actual moisturizer, this one is not nearly strong enough alone. So I could easily live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by tschueli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have super dry skin during the winter and after years of searching I finally found the perfect moisturizer! I use the lotion and the emulsion and my skin loves it! I finally got rid of all the dry spots I had every winter over the last years :-)
my best friend tried also tried it (due to my raves) but it didnt work for her, cause she has more of a normal/oily skin, it was too moisturizing for her...
I'd especially recommend it for dry and very dry skin! Try to get a sample before you buy full size, it's really expensive but for me it's well worth it, plus one bottle lasts me about a year!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

After one month of using Kanebo products I am compelled to write a review. Last month a friend and I went to a SPA in Badwoerishofen Germany (Girls weekend) and it was our intention to indulge our little selves in the Kneip SPA. Long story short, the facialist talked us into trying the Kanebo Sensai treatment - great idea. We bought some products which I will review.

As I have oily skin so I bought this moisturizer in (Light I). I am loving this product. Very soft fragrance and upon application its penetrates the skin very quickly to leave a very smooth finish. Not at all oily and an overall good moisturizer. I use this in the day time and the Essence at night. I do agree with one of the reviewers that the size is a bit much 100 ml. It would have made more sense to have this also is 50 ml portions. Based on the price one pays for the 100 ml amount so there is no saving. I must also say that many individuals complain that the products are oily. I wonder if it is a problem that people are receiving the wrong counseling. The lotions and Moisturizers come in lever - Light -I, Level medium II and Rich. After our consultation and facial at the SPA my friend was given Level II as she has skin more towards dray and myself level I Light, we are both very happy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I had two generous samples of the 2 lotions. The sheer transparent one (called Smoothing Moist) that you put first, right after cleasing your face, & the second, classical milky-white lotion (called Emulsion Moist) to boost moisture right after.
I have combo skin and this is - alas! - definitely not for me!
I tried the 2 lotions as recommended, in the evening; after just 2 hours from application - was watching TV - my skin was a broth of oil.... I felt so uncomfortable - and I was also scared this oil would have clogged me and made me break out - so I ran to the bathroom and washed all that grease away with my Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Soap.
Well, then I proceeded with my normal night outine.
The next day I wanted to give it another try - I said to myself if the 2 together are too much- I will try the lotions singularly. I triedthen the lightest one, the sheer one, alone right after washing my face. It left me greasy all over.
Impossible to put any other moisturizer on!
Last try: the following day I tried the other white lotion (alone), and the result was identical. Grease all over the place. Uncomfortable.
It may be due to the hot weather, but this is definitely not a lotion for me.
I am sure it will suit better drier skins. A no-purchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2007 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Hunnybum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an ok moisturizer and the package is great. There certainly is a luxury factor to this product. Other than that, I think it's strange that the "moist" formula is meant for normal skin types, yet it leaves my dryish skin somewhat oily. Works well as a night time moisturizer but isn't that good under makeup. I'll use it up but won't repurchase. (I also think it should come in a smaller container as well - 100ml is a bit too much as many women like to vary their skin care products.) UPDATE 12/31/2011: I ended up using this on and off for a couple of years and found that just had to repurchase. Last winter was very harsh on my skin and this emulsion was a savior: no dry patches, no flaky makeup! So I've kind of grown to love this moisturizer. How my skin reacts to it seems to vary though, an this is regardless of the climate or other products I'm using. Somethimes it just sinks right in leaving a baby-soft skin while other times it may leave a slightly oily film.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by tiffthy

Excellent! I used to use other Kanebo Product, such as Sensai, and found it was too rich for me...then lately, I got the samples for Silk Emulsion/Lotion and use it during daytime...I discovered that using this emulsion under makeup will make my makeup much smoother, no cakey, and stay longer...For a useful trick, i use LiftFusion underneath, then Silk Emulsion, then sunscreen, then makeup for the weekend, and normally for the weekday, i only use the Emulsion right after the Lotion, sunscreen, and makeup. Since this emulsion is light enough, it dosen't give me any breakout as the Sensai products. I like this emulsion a lot because when i wear it daytime, my face feel completely fresh and doesn't feel heavy at all with makeup...and no breakout.
For the price, $65 for 3.4 oz, that is about $32.50 for 1 oz, i don't think it's expensive at all.
CON: I wish it has some sunscreen...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2007 12:53:00 AM More reviews by la2vienna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

too dry and overpriced for the quality. there are so many less expensive brands with better skincare. don't like their makeup either.