October 31, 2014 | 837 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Elvive Smooth Intense

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by chloealli

I used this shampoo a couple of years ago and couldn't remember if I liked it or not. When my shampoo (herbal essences hello hydration) ran out, I was excited to try something new as it was not working for me.
I wanted to try this product again from reading all these amazing reviews. It took maybe 2 weeks for my hair to get used to the product. But my god! My hair has never been so healthy and soft.
I straighten my hair quite frequently, and no frizz, split-ends, dryness. It still feels like I just got my hair cut!

This product is amazing and i definitely recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by AmyScarlettxo

I love this shampoo! It's amazing and has saved my hair so much, what a wonderful price too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg!! This bottle of shampoo saved my hair from the very hard water of London and Paris. I'm from Canada where our water is super soft, and soap and shampoo bubbles easily and rinses off well leaving your hair soft and silky. Well during my vacation in London, I noticed that every time I showered my hair would feel straw like after. It was stiff, sticky and breaking easily. It wasn't silky smooth anymore. Then I found out London has hard water and the high amounts of magnesium and calcium in their water turns hair into straw, dry and brittle. Now I'm in Paris and their water is also hard... *sigh* but after tons of researching online, I found out argan oil is good for hair that's exposed to hard water. I then went to Carrefour (French grocery store) here in Paris and bought a bottle of this product ( it's called l'oreal elseve Liss- intense, huile d'argan) and voila!!! After one use my hair is 80% back to normal. I did notice though that after washing/ shampooing my hair 2x it felt slippery and had to rinse it really well. But omg!!! This stuff is a lifesaver!! If you're in Europe and the city you're in has hard water that's turning your locks into a sticky, straw like mess buy this stuff. It really works!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by secondlaw94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have oily, frizzy, thick hair which lacks shine. I've tried so many products - but this is the one that has made the biggest difference.
I've been using this with the conditioner about every second day for 3 weeks and I love it. My hair feels lighter, smoother, silkier and looks amazing. It's shiny once more, and feels really soft. I'm now finding it easier to manage, and it seems to stay cleaner for longer.
About twice a week I use the mask after shampooing. I'll post a review on it soon.
Just a quick note - DON'T be fooled by the price! It may seem cheap, but you don't get LOTS in the bottle. (Anyway, I think it's worth paying a little extra for locks this epic, haha!)
It's seriously a miricle in a bottle. Recommended to pretty much everyone! Will be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by makygirl8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the L'oreal Elvive Smooth-Intense masque. First off, I have colour treated hair (every 6-8 weeks I get foils and colour done), damaged due to this and the amount of unprotected heat styling (stupid teenager habbits) my hair has now turned into a dry, brittle mess. I purchased this product after my Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator ran out and I didn't have the spare NZD$40 around to get it, so when I saw this product in the supermarket for NZD$8 I thought I would give it a try! After the first use, my hair felt so soft and silky and most of the frizz in my hair was gone! The only reason I only gave it a 4 star rating is due to the fact that the frizzy bits have not completely disappeared, having said that my hair is quite frizzy and this did improve the elesticity of my hair, the body of it, and did improve the shine and smoothness! So happy with the product, mainly because of the price. I have tried MANY salon products, ranging from NZD$20-$50 that do the same thing this product does! This is an awesome alternative for everyday/weekly use. I will be trying this with my WONDERCAP (for you kiwis here :P) and will see if that helps the product's results :D
I did get this on special so I think its usually about NZD$11.50 but even then, it's very afffordable! I went to the supermarket today and bought the shampoo and conditioner and will edit this review when I have had more experience with it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Danielleh

Love this. I am using the shampoo, conditioner, hair mask & serum. Works great when you use them all together. I usually use salon brand expensive hair products but have now changed for good. Only bad thing I can say is the bottles are really small. With my old brand "bedhead" you could buy 750ml bottles which lasted forever! Would definately buy this again & recommend to all with dry, frizzy hair for smooth beautiful shine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I read that Elvive is identical to Kerastase products so I was eager to head to the supermarket to find these gems. I chose smooth intense since it had the most agreeable reviews. I have used it once along with the matching conditioner, holy moly I cannot stop touching my hair! I cannot wait to use this over time. It is dirt cheap and is amazing. I didn't even use that much product either.
I hope this is my HG!

P.S Maybe I should account for the fact I also used Kerastase masquintense at the end. Shall update with continued use!

UPDATE: HG, not so much! It makes my course hair feel "spiky" instead of soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by taylorlizette

Love it.
I was using Kerastase in attempt to fix the damage of an awful over-zealous foil experience (half a head of foils left in so long that my hair was white) and while there is no doubt it helped the condition of my hair, I couldn't justify spending AUD$35 on a small bottle of shampoo with my uni student budget so I switched to Elvive. Lordy am I glad I did. I originally used the red and white one, Full Restore 5 I think it is and the improvements I noticed in the first week surpassed what Kerastase Bain Satin 3 did for me in an entire bottle. I did notice some build up with the Full Restore though so when it ran out I got Smooth Intense. It was the Argan oil that attracted me to it - I use Moroccan Oil and it is a saving grace for my hair.

Smooth Intense is great. My hair feels so much smoother and softer; and it makes my waves sit nicer too. It is a heavier shampoo/conditioner so its good for curly/wavy hair but it doesn't weigh it down or make greasy. Last night when I got home after a game of hockey and then hockey training I was expecting my hair to be yucko, especially since I was wearing it out all day at uni (wearing it out means I touch and play with it waaaaay more = oily grossness by the time I get home) but it was fine. This is a big deal for me - I've found a regime that smooths my hair without adding to the oil factor.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by lilazn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love this shampoo, it does not leave my hair dry afterward, i use this shampoo together with Sukin moisturizing conditioner, and the end result was great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can almost not believe it. This shampoo is so very cheap, I would have never imagined it could make my hair look so beautiful and make it so smooth. It is like magic!
I tried this from a sample one time, and I was so satisfied that I bought the shampoo and conditioner all together for 3,99Euros.
Usually I buy all kinds of expensive salon shampoos, and I am not even satisfied with a few of them. So this was a big surprise to me.
I have fine hair that usually needs body, but because I got more layers from the last haircut, it already has enough body, and I wanted something that smooths my hair and makes it a bit silky. Now I am so happy that I tried the sample, because I found what I needed.
My hair stays smooth for 2 days, and it won't become oily or anything. Plus, it even looks good on the 3rd day, and that never happened to me with any other shampoo.
This is one of the best drug store brands I ever tried for my fine hair.