Schwarzkopf Blonde Toner

3.5

on 8/11/2014 6:16:00 PM

My natural hair colour is dark brown and can only be seen in the sun which explains that my hair pigment is sooo dark that it can be impossible to sometimes achieve blonde hair. Recently I DIY ombred my hair and was looking for a good toner to neutralise the brassiness or simply to brighten the colour and decided to purchase swarzkopf live xxl toner mousse in Mo1 icy platinum. On the packaging it states that the product is used to neutralise yellow tones, however I used this on my asian hair after I ombréd it and I found that my ombré became lighter. It does suggest that it should be left for 5-15 minutes but if you have darker hair like mine and your just looking for a toner to bring life back to your hair I would suggest you to leave the toner longer (up to 30-45) minutes since your working with darker hair. Overall I find that this product enhance my ombre and would recommend you to this product for a short term experience.this product can be used more than three times as suggested. For the packaging I would say that it is handy since in comes in a pump bottle and the price is reasonable retailing around £4.00. Overall I would say that this product is great to use for a semi permanent look but I would advice those who are looking for a longer result then invest it a more expensive toner.

on 4/30/2014 7:13:00 AM

Ive tried using this for five minutes on my hair and it only makes the slightest difference. I'll give ten minutes a go and post my results.
EDIT: Ten minutes and not that impressed! I've also tried the "Nordic" blonde toner and there
is not a great deal of difference. The toning results only last immediately after and no longer

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been buying this product for a long time - it works so well to keep away the yellow and leaves your hair a nice soft toned blonde. I leave it in for 20 minutes if my hair is looking in need of it but usually 10 minutes is enough. Have found that if I do go overboard and leave it in too long the purple tint on your really blonde strands will wash out next time you shampoo. Easily the easiest and best toner I know of (although our product range is pretty limited in NZ). Leaves your hair soft, it has some conditioning properties but you do need to use a conditioner afterwards.

on 4/15/2011 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I love this toner. You just have to remember that it's a toner, not a conditioner - so it has zero conditioning properties (on my hair anyway). You still need to use a conditioner after using this. This is how I use it:- I put some in my hair colour mixing bowl, add some water to make it a creamier consistency, and so it goes further. I then put it on my dry hair with a colouring brush. I then let it sit for 5 minutes. Then I wash it out with purple shampoo and condition with a nice moisturising conditioner. This routine gives me much quicker and more lasting results than using purple shampoo alone. It is a good price, at most supermarkets, and does the job for me.

on 8/27/2008 7:21:00 PM

This review is for the Igora ICEFLOWER 9.5-1 toner. This is my favorite toner for my blonde hair. I've used fanci-full, but that toner is temporary and the toner is water-like. However, the Igora Gloss is a mousse you apply for about 10-15 minutes and then rinse off. It's a violet toner and you use it to get a white shade of blonde. This toner will *only* work if your hair is a very, very pale blonde. I used this when my hair was a light golden blonde and I saw no results. But when I was at a light bleach blonde, this toner took it to a white blonde shade. The color lasts fairly long too- about a month or so before I needed to refresh the color. A definite re-buy!

on 11/10/2006 7:05:00 PM

This is a deep violet conditioner to be applied to hair for 5 minutes after shampooing. I imagine that the deepness of the violet shade would help to remove brassiness but I don’t find this conditioner to be moisturising. I’m going to stick with L’Oreal Shine Blonde shampoo to keep brassiness at bay.