October 21, 2014 | 980 users online

Fragrance - LaLique - Encre Noire

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

All vetiver with a touch of ceder wood and a hint of cold ash. Not my style of fragrance but if you adore vetiver, this is a must try. Smells aloof, cool, and a little melancholy. It's very well constructed and the ingredients they use, the vetiver in particular, are high quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like that initial blast of vetiver. I spritzed this on my husband and WOW, it was sexy! But then, it just turned pepper-tastic. I was hoping to have hubby wear this but........when we got to the drydown, he said he hated it and wanted to get away from it. So sad. I think the bottle is very elegant-looking. I suppose that with fragrance sometimes it is hit or miss. I am just disappointed that this one was a miss. But for someone else, this might just be amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My husband is very miffed that I bought this for myself. There was one bottle at Winners and it's mine, all mine. He can get his own... because I adore everything about this deep, dark and sexy scent that is packed with so many of my HG notes: vetiver, MORE vetiver, cypress, musks... it's wild and mysterious and so beautiful. And he can't have it. But he may smell it on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by ROBERTO1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best vetiver scent on the market. Dark and Tenebrous, like i love vetiver.This is a must have in my wardrobe. Bravo, Bravo, Bravo................Madame Nathalie Lorson. You have done a work of art,even better than the very expensive ( also very good ) Vetiver Extraordinaire by Dominique Ropion for Editions de Parfums Frederic Mall, which is my second vetiver scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by whitecountess

YOWZA!!
Encre Noire or "Black Ink" deserves a 5++ for the packaging, a large, dark, ink box.
Encre Noire uses TWO kinds of Vetiver, Bourbon and Haitian.
Interesting that it's called "Ink" which is wet, because this is one of the driest scents I've ever experienced.
At first it smells like damp earth and then the cypress and cashmere woods come in and give it a strong and beautiful dry down. This is a masculine scent, but amazing on a woman. There are no florals anywhere to be found, giving it a dark and gravelly sexy-ness. Almost like if Hugh Laurie's voice had a perfume.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is mostly about the vetiver on me - oily, dark vetiver. I also can get the woody cedar undertones, and an almost licorice like under note. I definitely can understand the association to "ink" - but it doesn't work on my skin. It might be great on my dh, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 8:00:00 AM More reviews by elaborate

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Vetiver and cedre. Whatever. I just love this. I love it so much that I won't care less what notes are actually in this perfume. Just bring it on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Shall I review this under the generic Fragrances or Fragrance for men?

Well I do not know, but I know I like it, and even on myself (i am a lady!)
It has depth, and is sensual but freash at the same time.
Has a note of mint, fresh leaves and grass. Vetiver, but not the grand, classical one.
A shy vetiver is here, spikes out with class.
Then come the woods, some dark woods, plus cedar and pine; juniper perhaps.
The base notes are musk based - in a clean way (no dirt nor earth here... jut clean sexniness).
I cannot really say if this frag smells like black ink (after its name) .
What I know it is really gorgeous, classy and something I woudl always love to smell on people (men or women).
Gorgeous, stunning bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Shall I review this under the generic Fragrances or Fragrance for men?

Well I do not know, but I know i like it, and even on myself (i am a lady!)
It has depth, and is sensual but freash at the same time.
A shy vetiver is here, but spikes out with class.
Then come the woods, some dark woods, and cedar and pine; juniper perhaps.
The base notes are musk based but in a clean way (no dirt nor earth here... jut clean sexniness).
I cannot really say if this frag smells like black ink (after its name) .

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 5:02:00 AM More reviews by mybeautyblog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG If I ever find the guy for this scent - be aware of me, I will jump right on you! It is masculine but with softness, I would wear myself though, the lasting power is good and it is affordable. The Vetiver comes out in the heart notes to bring some freshness and bitterness. Afterwards, a warm woody embrace of a dark haired sexy and dearing men.